February 12, 2016 Daniel Greenfield

World renowned humanitarian and occasional bad actor George Clooney thinks that America just isn't doing enough for Syrian Muslim migrants.

Clooney and his wife Amal Clooney had met with German Chancellor Angela Merkel the same day to discuss the status of Syrian refugees, and to plead her to accept more.

“We just wanted to ask her what we can do, what our involvement should be, what Hollywood’s involvement should be, and what the United States should be doing as well,” he said.

“The United States needs to do more, as we know,” Clooney said. “10,000 refugees a year is not enough, that’s clear.”

10,000 for the US isn't enough. 1.2 million for Germany isn't enough. Is there any number that might be enough?

But if George Clooney really wants to know what he can do, let's start with his 5 acre estate in the UK. Working people in Germany have been kicked out of their homes to make room for Muslim refugees. Why not take over one of the estates of the rich and famous humanitarians instead?

The stunning property currently houses a gym and steam room, a library, study, family room, formal dining room and cellar and a boat house.

The annexe development will add a state-of-the-art 12-seater cinema for private home screenings to part of the greenhouse.

I bet a whole bunch of Syrian refugees could fit into that private movie theater. Not to mention the boat house.

A new pool house, pergola and hot tub will be built onto the back of the existing riverside boat house, allowing George and his new wife Amal to luxuriate by the estuaries of the River Thames.

Get some Syrian refugees into that hot tub stat!

The oak pergola will sit before an 18m swimming pool, surrounded in reclaimed York stone, surrounded by sun loungers and a bubbling jacuzzi.

That's a 60 foot swimming pool. Empty it. Fill it with Syrian refugees. Or maybe let them swim in it.

According to this real estate listing, here's how much room for Syrian refugees there is in the Clooney estate.

9 bedrooms, 8 bathrooms, 6 reception rooms, Outbuildings.

The ground floor comprises a large elegant entrance hall with marble floor leading to a central staircase hall, drawing room with open fireplace and parquet floor, library, family room, dining room, kitchen and breakfast room, gymnasium and caldarium.

Upstairs is the master bedroom suite with marble bathroom and dressing room, 5 bedroom suites, 3 further bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, study, sitting room and kitchenette.

Ancillary accommodation comprises a guest cottage and staff cottage.

I count room for at least two dozen Syrian refugees. If Mr. Clooney really wants to do more. But he doesn't. And you better not ask him about it.

Clooney lost a bit of his famous cool at a Berlin Film Festival press conference Thursday when a reporter asked what else he's been doing, beyond making movies, to ease the ongoing refugee crisis.

"I spend a lot of time working on these things, and it's an odd thing to have someone stand up and say, 'What do you do?' That's fine, knock yourself out," a peeved Clooney snapped, according to media reports. "I have gone to places that are very dangerous and I work a lot on these things."

Very dangerous. He's been to four star hotels. He's been to bars where they let anyone in. He's really put himself on the line. Before going back to his five acre estate, which unlike the working class areas of the UK, have zero Muslim migrants living on them.

Unless they're hired on to clean the pool.

How Many Syrians Can George Clooney Fit On His 5 Acre Estate? | Frontpage Mag