Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hypocrisy?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Moorian!

My brother!

It's funny how, in this post, not one person has managed to spell out the word: apartheid.

I liked the video.
    After viewing it, I don't think there is any reason African Americans and South Africans shouldn't draw stronger ties and work together.

Could it be this simple?

I freed thousands of slaves; I could have freed more if they knew they were slaves.
    --Harriet Tubman

Quote Originally Posted by TheFomorian
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    Behold your future if the invasion is not stopped. Most of the blacks now in South Africa were imported from other African countries as cheap labor. There were not that many blacks originally in South Africa. In the Cape Town area the natives had more brown colored skin, they were decimated pretty much the same way American Indians were.
    Forgive me if I don't bow to your obvious superior knowledge of Africa, it's culture and her people.
    But your baseless pontification on the subject is "amazing"!
    On the other hand, I did ask for your "thoughts".
    Well, I did spend some time in South Africa during the apartheid period, so I had a chance to learn about their history and culture. My point was the white South Africans brought many of the blacks in as cheap expendable labor, the same as what many Americans are doing now with Latino illegal aliens. In the end it didn't work out too well for many of the white South Africans, and the same will happen here if we don't stop illegal immigration. Current Americans will be forced through "affirmative action" and "quotas" to support amnestied illegal aliens and their children, even though most Americans never benefitted from the illegal labor. Just like what is now happening in South Africa.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Could it be this simple?

Yep, that's about it. When I was in SA, most if not all of the white middle class had a black maid and gardner. One of the white business owners comments went like this: "The Asian immigrants make good supervisors and office workers, the blacks are good reliable hard production workers. The problem is the blacks breed like flies". A lot of whites were worried about the end of apartheid, and were looking to move to Australia. Sound familiar?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well, I did spend some time in South Africa during the apartheid period, so I had a chance to learn about their history and culture.
    Who did you learn this history from? The invaders or the Natives?
    My point was the white South Africans brought many of the blacks in as cheap expendable labor, the same as what many Americans are doing now with Latino illegal aliens. In the end it didn't work out too well for many of the white South Africans, and the same will happen here if we don't stop illegal immigration.
    Were there not people there already? For instance, the KhoiKhoi?
    Current Americans will be forced through "affirmative action" and "quotas" to support amnestied illegal aliens and their children, even though most Americans never benefitted from the illegal labor. Just like what is now happening in South Africa.
    As far as all the "special treatment" that you allege, I know for a fact that it was one generation ago that many Americans had to deal with Jim Crow, but conveniently, you don't mention or remember that...

And BTW, I lived in South Africa for a substantial time.
    I freed thousands of slaves; I could have freed more if they knew they were slaves.
    --Harriet Tubman

#1. The name of the country is Zimbabwe. You have had since April 18, 1980 until now to get to learn the name. It has been over 27 years! Why the resistance to calling an African nation by it's name?
    What is this resistance that you refer to?
    #2. Since you exposed your motivation in an almost Euro-textbook fashion, your credibility, with me at least, is worthless.
    How do you know my motivation? Are you telepathic like the Amazing Kreskin, or something? Please DO NOT put words in my mouth!
    #3. Not one person mentioned Zimbabwe, either in the video or post comments. Why don't you stick to the subject of this thread?
    Doesn't Zimbabwe(formerly Rohodesia) border South Africa? Doesn't South Africa currently have a problem with an influx of starving Zimbawean illegal "economic migrants" flooding across the border because of the utterly corrupt, mis-management of Zimbabwe by the totalitarian communist dictator Mugabe? Or did I miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by Nimrod
    It's funny how, in this post, not one person has managed to spell out the word: apartheid.:lol.
    Well, we have to end apartheid for one. And slow down the nuclear arms race, stop terrorism and world hunger. But we can't ignore our social needs either. We have to stop people from abusing the welfare system. We have to provide food and shelter for the homeless and oppose racial discrimination and promote civil rights while also promoting equal rights for women but change the abortion laws to protect the right to life yet still somehow maintain women's freedom of choice.

We also have to control the influx of illegal immigrants. We have to encourage a return to traditional moral values and curb graphic sex and violence on TV, in movies, in pop music, everywhere. Most importantly we have to promote general social concern and less materialism in young people.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen_Bucks
    What is this resistance that you refer to?
    You may read well but your comprehension is taking a beating! Reread my sentence about the date. Couple that with your response about "Rhodesia", then reconcile that with the statement about 27 years...
    How do you know my motivation? Are you telepathic like the Amazing Kreskin, or something? Please DO NOT put words in my mouth!
    I didn't need to "put words in your mouth", your limited knowledge of Africa paired with a non-historically justified use of Rhodesia gave you away.
    Doesn't Zimbabwe(formerly Rohodesia)...{Snip!}
    Good boy! It was sho' nice of you for using the term 'formerly Rhodesia', to distinguish between the two. But I still have one contention: who was talking about Zimbabwe in the first place? Stay on subject or perhaps you need to watch the video in the first post again.
    --Harriet Tubman

This is sad. Moorian, he wasn't ready!
    That poor Mr. Bucks is trying with all of his might to regurgitate all of that "inspired knowledge" to combat you but it is falling flat by the wayside.

Malcolm and Marcus was right!

Well, I did spend some time in South Africa during the apartheid period, so I had a chance to learn about their history and culture.
    Who did you learn this history from? The invaders or the Natives?
    Which party is the invader and which native? Depends on your perspective, right? If you say the whites are the invaders, then do you consider whites in the US are invaders also?

Were there not people there already? For instance, the KhoiKhoi?
    Yes, there were people there already, many of them were black, some were brown. They were all supressed the same way Americans supressed the American Indians. This was a couple hundred years ago, later after the South Africans started mining they decided to import other Africans for mine labor. Is this correct or not? What am I leaving out?

As far as all the "special treatment" that you allege, I know for a fact that it was one generation ago that many Americans had to deal with Jim Crow, but conveniently, you don't mention or remember that...
    Wasn't this thread about South Africa? Why do you bring up Jim Crow? I was saying we will have to give affirmative action to amnestied illegal aliens and their kids. I said nothing about black Americans. What is you point?

There are two groups of non-whites in South Africa, the original inhabitants who I compare to American Indians, and the imported black and Asian workers who are similar to our legal and illegal (mainly Latino) immigrants today. I was not comparing either of the groups to black Americans.

And BTW, I lived in South Africa for a substantial time.
    What years did you live there? I was there for one month in 1985.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast