Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW
    strumrugar wrote:

If Congress voted to privatize a fence whether Federally or by allowing the States to contract the job with tolls on the roads crossing the border I do not see Ron Paul vetoing that bill! He is for privatization and soveriegnty win win!!
    I'm adamantly against farming our national security out to private companies just as I'm against hiring mercenaries to fight our wars! However, I have no problems with contracting the building of the fence out.

Article IV, Sect. 4, of the U.S. Constitution required that the U.S. Government, not private industry, protect the states from invasion.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

usanevada They may have all been released by now - but they should have gotten hundreds. It's a joke -

The fence , if built and manned properly would stop 80% of the crossers,
    It is intended to shuffle illegals into concentrated areas making
    it easier for BP to pick them up

Theoretically, it would stop a lot - but the 'if built and manned properly' is the key issue here.

Also, we have seen from the story about Pilgrim's the government is not serious about interior enforcement. Until that happens, they will keep coming and yes, we can slow it down, but we need them gone.

While everyone is discussing a fence, we should be able to admit to ourselves the government doesn't want to build it - not this administration, anyway. While that is happening, we have anchor babies being born on a hourly basis, we have more and more anchor babies reaching adulthood - voting age, we have more and more illegal advocates getting into politics on every level of government - from school boards to congress.

We could stop every single illegal entry from now on - and the ones already here are enough to sink this country.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We have to attack them where they feel most. THE POCKET.
    Stop buying Pilgrim, go to the supermarquet and ask for any brand which is not Pilgrim. Then they will start noticing we are not fools .

I just did a little digging and Ron Paul said, although he doesn't like the 700 mile fence, he voted for it because the bill got rid of amnesty. He's against amnesty. Just thought I would clear that part up.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    "I just did a little digging and Ron Paul said, although he doesn't like the 700 mile fence"

This alone puts him on my "watch" list , without the fence, the double fence we will never be able to stop illegals , not in a million years

Besides , a fence goes against his open borders leanings

This alone puts him on my "watch" list , without the fence, the double fence we will never be able to stop illegals , not in a million years

Besides , a fence goes against his open borders leanings

A true question, other than the fact he has decided libertarian leanings, where has he advocated open borders? I really want to know.

The fence alone will not save this country - it just won't. Yes, it would be a very good tool - but it would not be necessary if our government simply enforced the laws on the books.

We have lived beside Mexico for many years without a fence - but with laws that would be enforced if need be and Mexico knew this.

Ask yourself how those laws are being used now? Is raids netting 2 - 10 - 24 at a time, taking months and lots of money, is going to get the job done?

As yourself if e-verify is going to get the job done. Pilgrim's supposedly uses it - and if you hear them tell it, they had no idea they were employing illegals. I fear e-verify is simply a gimmick to make sure employers can say they didn't 'knowingly' hire illegals. Get real. A company who hires thousands, tens of thousands of hispanics 'doesn't know it is working illegals'. That's insulting.

Unless we have some strong interior enforcement, we still have 30M + here - killing and maiming Americans, having babies, getting involved in politics, voting in our elections, draining our social services, helping to destroy our education system. Those 30M and their offsprings and supporters are enough to ruin this country. They don't need any more from across the border.

The need for a fence is offensive to me - it means we have failed to force our government to pay attention to the laws of the country. Now if they don't pay attention to the laws - what makes anyone think they are going to build a fence that will work or man it properly.

Read some of the things about the fence - gutting the funding, deciding on a design, etc., etc. It is a smokescreen - a diversion until after the election and by that time, who knows, we may have the NAU in place - China may hold the deed to the entire country.

Banned
    Well the double design fence is law , it was signed into law , and no , its not easy to get across

The fact that congress tried to shove amnesty on us promising to increase
    enforcement and then refuse to fund the fence speaks volumes

The libertarian party believes the borders can be wide open as long
    as there are no magnets , they feel if we take away the bennys they
    won't come so you don't need a border

I'm not saying Ron Paul still believes this , but he sure did at one time
    And his not liking the fence just makes one wonder

MW
    nntrixie wrote:

The fence alone will not save this country - it just won't.
    I don't know why you keep bringing up this tired argument. We've only been over it about 20 times. Once again, no one has suggested that a fence is the sole solution to our immigration problem.

A true question, other than the fact he has decided libertarian leanings, where has he advocated open borders? I really want to know.
    Someone provided an interview just yesterday where Paul actually said a border fence is offensive (I believe Calderon has said the same thing) and he doesn't support it. Read the interview, it obvious that he doesn't want to impede access between Mexico and the United States. Paul needs to understand that a border fence will also help our border patrol to catch potential terrorist and smugglers, not only illegals. There is no question that a fence will enhance the capabilities of our border patrol. Anyone that denies that is living in a void somehwere.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MW
    nntrixie wrote:

The fence alone will not save this country - it just won't.
    I don't know why you keep bringing up this tired argument. We've only been over it about 20 times. Once again, no one has suggested that a fence is the sole solution to our immigration problem.

But the facts are it would help a bunch

Along with other enforcement

I seriously want to know now, do we know he ever advocated or believed this. Just because he has libertarian leanings and once ran on that ticket doesn't mean that. If he said it, I would like to know.

The thing about his stands, they are not new or radical, and I don't know that I think they are liberatian, exactly, but then I don't know a lot about libertarians. They are almost exactly the Republican beliefs as taught me by my grandparents and parents.

The issue of his advocating open borders bothers me - and I would like to learn more about that.

The double fence is the law - yes. Just a few weeks ago, however, there was a story here talking about the various possible designs for the fence. There were some half dozen and they also mentioned the need for it to be 'aesthetically pleasing'. If the law describes a fence, they either don't know or are ignoring that.

And that is my whole point to the idea of giving the fence some thought. It isn't the fence - it is the intent of those in charge. A fence, like our laws, are only as good as those implementing them.

We have seen no real interior enforcement. They haven't given it a chance. The interior enforcement we have seen is just show and tell.

Unless we do some very strong interior enforcement, the fence won't help - and only a very wishful thinker would believe our government is enforcing our laws on immigration.

One only need to reread the story about the 'investigation' at Pilgrim's to know they aren't serious about interior enforcement.