Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by PinestrawGuys
    I sent this question to RonPaul2008...

If Dr. Paul is successful in eliminating the IRS, I'm of the understanding that our smaller govrnment will be funded as outlined in the Constitution, through taxes and tariffs on foreign goods. If this is the case, how does that square with Dr. Paul's assertion that "Hazlitt, Ludwig von Mises, Friedrich Hayek, Murray Rothbard, and countless other economists have demolished every fallacy concerning tariffs, proving conclusively that unilateral elimination of tariffs benefits the American people."

Source of quote: http://www.ronpaullibrary.org/document.php?id=412

Please explain this apparent contradiction. Thank you.
    I'll post their answer as soon as I get it.
    Good question - I think he is for small tarriffs, but again good question, one I am interested in - I'll see what I can do to get us a faster/better answer.

Ron Paul did vote against some of the border fence bills, BUT, I believe it was because of other things that were in the bills.

It is not always thatr cut and dry, (he voted for it or against it), all of you who have been watching this congress knows what kind of things get put in a bill, so that leaves the over all bill to vote on, not just one issue in the bill.

Just tonight Rep. Steve King ( whom we all know has stood with us through thick and thin) told Kitty on Dobbs he voted for the funding bill that cut the money for the double fence, because of other measures in the bill like internal enforcement etc. A voteing stance is not always as simple as you all make it out to be, I am sure it is hard for people like Paul, and King to weigh the good and bad and decide which way to vote.

I believe Paul is one of the best canidates available to us who has any chance to win, Talk about flip floppers the top 5 canidates are all like a fish out of water, changeing their mind everytime they get in front of a new group of people....I don't trust one of them and will not take a chance on losing this country for votine for anyone of them.

And their is a huge difference between free trade and fair trade.
    Trade is important to this country, especially is we can get back some manufacturing jobs in this country.

We can not close our self off from the rest of the world, but we also do not have to give up our soverignty , and freedom.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    Trade is important to this country, especially is we can get back some manufacturing jobs in this country.
    Where has ROn Paul said Fair Trade? I have only heard TRUE FREE TRADE from him

Quote Originally Posted by Once_A_Democrat
    Again, from the horse's mouth:

On the other hand, those of us who oppose using the taxes of American citizens to prop-up foreign governments or American corporations are derisively called "isolationists." There are indeed some people who are isolationists. They call themselves "fair traders," though. Exactly what this means is open to debate. All too often it involves letting the government determine what is and is not "fair" in the private trading between individuals who live in different countries.

http://www.ronpaullibrary.org/document.php?id=100
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

I said fair trade -

As for tariffs, I truly didn't know we had many - other than to support some favored industries - something about sugar, wasn't it?

The best thing that could happen to us is for us to have to begin to purchase our own products - therefore make more of our own products.

Do you remember when we did make most of our products? Although, it might not be in the memory for some on here - it isn't ancient history.

When we made our own products, they were good products that lasted and workers were paid enough to be able to afford to buy products made in America.

Products we purchase from foreign manufacturers by and large are shoddy, poorly made, and in the long run cost far more than products we used to make. Cars are an exception - except I am old enough to remember when we actually made good cars in this country.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Trade is important to this country, especially if we can get back some manufacturing jobs in this country.
    Reread my statement it says" there is a big difference between "free trade" and "Fair trade" no place in that statement did I say Ron Paul said one way or the other.

But if you watched Glenn Beck tonight he was speaking of abolishing the Internal Revenue Service (which is the biggest farce in this country) Did you watch the spending bill that was passed yesterday, 1/2 trillion dollars 3500 pages, and weighed 35 lb's and had over 9000 pork barrel projects, including funding for illegals attorney fee's.

Beck asked Paul how he would raise money for government necessities, Paul said at one time we raised money from several sources one was through tarriff from Fair Trade....Makes sense to me.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Beck asked Paul how he would raise money for government necessities, Paul said at one time we raised money from several sources one was through tarriff from Fair Trade....Makes sense to me.
    Did Paul say that he supports that?

Everything on his web-site, speaches on the House floor, voting record etc is very anti-tariff. Refer to my quotes above. Paul has said that tariffs are horrible for the country, and is in favor of eliminating them. Despite the fact that the founders embraced tariffs.....and he is supposedly very big on the founders......

Did Paul have an intuition that I was going to call him out in this thread?

See you at the signing!!

Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic
    Again, from the horse's mouth:

On the other hand, those of us who oppose using the taxes of American citizens to prop-up foreign governments or American corporations are derisively called "isolationists." There are indeed some people who are isolationists. They call themselves "fair traders," though. Exactly what this means is open to debate. All too often it involves letting the government determine what is and is not "fair" in the private trading between individuals who live in different countries.

http://www.ronpaullibrary.org/document.php?id=100
    What is wrong with Fair trade...If all country's were charged the same tarriff... We could use this to support the military or some other necessity of government instead of income tax, I don't know about you but My Husband and I pay over $1000 a month in fed. tax and we are not wealthy... just for this congress to throw it away on a woodstock Museum or 10 million to LaRaza, I am sick of it, they have completely abused our taxes through the Inernal Revenue Service.

What is wrong with Fair trade...If all country's were charged the same tarriff... We could use this to support the military or some other necessity of government instead of income tax, I don't know about you but My Husband and I pay over $1000 a month in fed. tax and we are not wealthy... just for this congress to throw it away on a woodstock Museum or 10 million to LaRaza, I am sick of it, they have completely abused our taxes through the Inernal Revenue Service.
    SOSAD, myself and the founders are pro-tariff. Paul is anti-tariff. Please re-read my post in question. Paul clearly comes out against "fair traders," who he considers "isolationists."

See you at the signing!!

Quote Originally Posted by BearFlagRepublic
    Did Paul say that he supports that?

Everything on his web-site, speaches on the House floor, voting record etc is very anti-tariff. Refer to my quotes above. Paul has said that tariffs are horrible for the country. Despite the fact that the founders embraced tariffs.....and he is supposedly very big on the founders......

Did Paul have an intuition that I was going to call him out in this thread?
    Paul says unfair tariffs like we pay 25 % and China pays 2% that is not exactly fair. and yes Paul said that, there are too many people listening to his 1 minute sound bites and not his explanation of what he means, of course it is rather hard to get it out of the MSM.

I did not vote for Bush and I will not vote for one of the top 5 liars, I will take my chances with someone who believes in the consitution and America, and realizes this country is headed in the wrong direction and not afraid to say it to the world.

Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast