Like Tree1Likes

Thread: If You Like Peanut Butter and Jelly You Might be a Racist

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

If You Like Peanut Butter and Jelly You Might be a Racist

ted on September 11, 2012 by Gary DeMar If You Like Peanut Butter and Jelly You Might be a Racist

Jeff Foxworthy made a career and a fortune telling redneck jokes.

• “If you believe you got a set of matched luggage when you have two shopping bags from the same store, you might be a redneck.”

• “If you think the last words to The Star Spangled Banner are ‘Gentlemen, start your engines,’ you might be a redneck.”

• “If you think Sherlock Holmes is a housing project down in Biloxi, Mississippi, you might be a redneck.”

I thought about coming up with a “you might be a racist if” routine. After thinking about it for awhile, I’m sure someone would say, “If you tell ‘you might be a racist’ jokes, you might be a racist.” So switching careers is just not in the cards or stars until stupid people stop breeding and infecting the gene pool.

The latest “you might be a racist” accusation comes from a K-8 public school principal. Naturally.

“Verenice Gutierrez picks up on the subtle language of racism every day. Take the peanut butter sandwich, a seemingly innocent example a teacher used in a lesson last school year.

“‘What about Somali or Hispanic students, who might not eat sandwiches?’ says Gutierrez, principal at Harvey Scott K-8 School, a diverse school of 500 students in Northeast Portland’s Cully neighborhood.

“‘Another way would be to say: “Americans eat peanut butter and jelly, do you have anything like that?” Let them tell you. Maybe they eat torta. Or pita.’”

To ensure that there are no tinges of overt or subconscious racist thoughts, words, or actions, “Guitierrez, along with all of Portland Public Schools’ principals, will start the new school year off this week by drilling in on the language of ‘Courageous Conversations.’”

Their time would be better spent teaching their students to read, write, add subtract, divide, and multiply, and speak well in order to help them get good jobs so they can buy peanut butter, jelly, torta, and pita.

Who frequents ethnic restaurants more than any other group in the United States? White people! Go to your favorite Chinese, Mexican, Thai, or Cuban restaurant, and what will you find? The seats loaded with people from all types of national backgrounds. Americans love ethnic food and don’t care one whit who’s cooking and serving it.

I grew up in an ethnically diverse neighborhood and never thought someone else was being “insensitive to my Italian heritage” because some of my German friends ate knockwurst or “pigs in a blanket.”

The inmates are running the asylum.

Read more: If You Like Peanut Butter and Jelly You Might be a Racist
    Last edited by kathyet; 09-12-2012 at 09:08 AM.

If You Like Peanut Butter and Jelly You Might be a Racist

I don't know what ts going on, but George Washington Carver would not agree that peanuts and peanut butter are racist. The man responsible for the development of the peanut as a significant food source and industry would either be aghast or laughing his head off at how ludicrous this assertion is. What next? Will Iowa State University have to rename Carver Hall? I wish them all Montezuma's Revenge.

[QUOTE Racial equity is a top focus for the school and district. ][/QUOTE]

Why not try reading, writing, American History (the real version, not the Muslim one), basic math and basic science? Think how refreshing that might be. And how courageous, You might be the only school district in the country with the fortitude to do so. Or how about something really radical like teaching the kids to think for themselves and how to apply basic logic instead of brainwashing them?
    "We have met the enemy, and they is us." - POGO

I wish them all Montezuma's Revenge.
    For them and a few others of that elite group of brainyack educators, and so called school commissioners and planners that get the big bucks to think these asinine things up. Well don't think they should thank a "teacher" after all they didn't learn to think!!

Yep it is the top focus, why bother with the reading, writing, arithmetic, history, etc theory that is what they get paid for but don't ya know, "that won't dumb down the student population" they way they want...

I had to bring this over even though this isn't about Chicago, it works the same for everywhere our children are being short changed in our public school systems today. Parent need to get together and start their own program to teach thier own children, before it is too late.

Last edited by kathyet; 09-12-2012 at 02:49 PM.

Parent need to get together and start their own program to teach thier own children, before it is too late.
    I believe it may be already starting. Scott Walker and Wisconsin showed the way on dealing with unions demands on pay and benefits. Gov Jindal and the Louisiana legislature have already approved a state wide charter school program which the unions are fighting tooth and nail to undermine by threatening law suits. But I believe the charter scho0ol plan will prevail. As more and more states, school districts and parents become aware of what is really happening to all of the money per student we are paying vs the low level results being produced, there will be more and more demand for school choice, i.e., voucher system, charter schools ets. The position of the Chicago unions on turning down 16% raises over 4 years and demanding 35% while absolutely refusing to agree to using national standardized tests as part of teacher evaluations tells all we need to know about them in particular, and (I hate to paint with a broad brush but...) teacher unions nationally. Especially when stacked up against the pathetic results the current school system is achieving. Frankly, it is an abuse of the word "achieving" to use it in any context related to the Chicago school system.

If the GOP can take over the presidency and control the Congress, I believe in the next few years there will be a major push for nation school choice that has a chance of becoming a reality. I also expect to see a national right to work law.
    "We have met the enemy, and they is us." - POGO