Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Speaking of India, you know there were large protests in India against Bush. A CBS news story gave me a hint as to why they are anti-Bush.

They talked about the closure of a Coca-Cola plant because the locals believe the plant used all the water up leaving the local farmers without water to grow crops etc. They said the plant didn't actually cause the water problem but they closed anyway to appise the locals. They take their anger out on American capitalism as the source of their problems. George Bush comes to their country promoting "Globalization." Obviously a lot of Indians see this as meddling.

Also, did you know that outsourcing from the US is so big in India that they refer to it as the "outsourcing industry?" Kids say when I grow up, I want to work in the outsourcing industry.
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

Earthlink's tech support is in India and is reading from a prepared list that may or may not have anything to do with why you called in the first place.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

When I lived in Singapore there were many Indians in business there. They are a very arrogant people. Arrogant enough to sit down and type out just the stuff that was posted here. They have all the answers. I promise.

Most foreigners believe that ALL Americans are rich beyond belief...that the source of these riches was NOT hard work...was NOT education...but simply a matter of birthplace. All Americans are idiots ( they equate the American public with the American leaders) and all Americans are stupid. All that is necessary is for some 'intelligent' person ( such as themselves) to come along and bilk that stupid American for every dime they have.

Notice the numerous references to 'fat, lazy Americans'.....jealousy is rampant in foreign countries. They do not realize that the source of American comforts is working one's butt off!! Neither do they understand that our tax base takes more than 50% of our income in order to provide the 'milk and honey' that they seek so desperately.

Because our leaders have given billions in foreign aid to so many countries for so many decades ( which is unconstitutional btw) foreigners believe that the aid is thiers by right and not by generosity. That they should have this and more...if they have any sort of problem the endless answers and tons of money and military support 'should be there' in fifteen minutes or less.

After having lived around the world for many years and understanding these attitudes I am a protectionist...they have NO right to MY money...they have no RIGHT to our military assistance...and at least as far as the Indians and others that were British protectorates their anger should be focused on the Britons who raped and pillaged their country for 100 years. It is Britain to whom they should look for redress...not America and NOT Lou Dobbs.

Lou has his head on straight...holds the course every day...is the biggest reason that I still have any hope for the MSM cause the REST of those suckers are not worth my time...

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Most foreigners believe that ALL Americans are rich beyond belief...that the source of these riches was NOT hard work...was NOT education...but simply a matter of birthplace.
    This is so true. I lived in Egypt for five years and in Saudi Arabia two different times for nearly four years total. Egypt has all sorts of Western world people doing construction and defense contract jobs as well as oilmen. Saudi, of course, has people from all over the world because without those people Saudi Arabia would blow away like a pile of dust. The people from India in Saudi Arabia are truly wizards when it comes to computer technology and I had a great deal of respect for their knowledge.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Shoot

are there ANY internet providers that use folks in the USA?

I have heard a lot of horror stories about what AOL is doing (GIT RID OF AOL) but now I am beginning to think bellsouth is playing the same games with my email and internet. Like sites that I KNOW are there but bellsouth pops up a box saying it can't be found.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

Re: India's Opinion of Lou Dobbs

Quote Originally Posted by Coto
    http://www.indiabook.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=1416
    Quote Originally Posted by Bupkis of the India Book Web Forum
    Lou Dobbs Is An Anti-indian, Anti-outsourcing Communist

letting the hungry work hard to get rich, while the fat and lazy sink to the bottom where they rightfully belong .
    That one sentence sums up the total mind set behind the third worlders opinions of Americans: Their rich, their fat, their lazy, they all were born with a silver spoon in their mouths, and we are hungry, and poor, and their wealth should be given to us, so we can be rich too.

You can't get much more communistic than that (take from the rich and give to the poor) the man obviously studied his Karl Marx lessons well. Of course when you base all that you know off of the crap Hollywood peddles all over the world, its understandable they take such views.

Putting it in a different context, if there really were space aliens traveling to our galaxy, and they base all their knowledge of us, off of what communications have been beamed from planet earth for the past 70 years, why should they not believe our civilization is not totally nuts and a danger to the universe, that needs extermination, especially that sinister evil diabolical "Willy E. Coyote".

You cannot base reality off of false assumptions, using false perceptions, with faulty doctrines.
    Texan by birth, Independent by choice, Christian by faith, And still kicken by the Grace of God.

OhFlyingOne,

Re:
    are there ANY internet providers that use folks in the USA?
    Call HiWaay Net in Rocket Town and see if they are still USA only, usually the local ISPs are pretty decent about avoiding India. I'll make sure my ISP is clean (and I think they are) before I turn you on to them.

Lemme know if they do you any good or not.

Coto

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

One thing I did notice about the Indians in both Sinapore and Bombay was that if they had pocket change they also had SERVANTS..at least two..and maybe MORE...but, of course, THEY are NOT fat and lazy...ahem.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

Most foreigners believe that ALL Americans are rich beyond belief...that the source of these riches was NOT hard work...was NOT education...but simply a matter of birthplace. All Americans are idiots ( they equate the American public with the American leaders) and all Americans are stupid. All that is necessary is for some 'intelligent' person ( such as themselves) to come along and bilk that stupid American for every dime they have.
    This is why I hate Jorge Bush and his minions with a passion. Because he's rich, lazy and stupid, they think we all must be like that. Jorge Bush is an embarrassment in every way.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This is why I hate Jorge Bush and his minions with a passion. Because he's rich, lazy and stupid, they think we all must be like that. Jorge Bush is an embarrassment in every way.
    dman, the only problem I have with your statement is that I lived in a couple of foreign lands prior to Bush being president at all and they believed it then, too. They thought Clinton was a pure buffoon! But, to them five american dollars buys a lot of vegetables. They had no idea that five US dollars bought ten times as much food or medicine than it would in the United States.

I lived in Cairo, Egypt for five consecutive years. There are literally thousands of dirt poor people who live on the streets, under bridges and in poorly built apartment buildings without glass in the windows. There was a whole section of the city where people had dragged the casks and coffins out in the street to live in TOMBS!

At that time (but it was being hauled away before we left) there was literally a mountain of garbage in the middle of the city that you could smell for miles! Kids paddled on makeshift boats in the puddles at the foot of the refuse mountains!

Those people were convinced that we were filthy rich just because we are Americans. They didn't realize that if we were living in the US at the time, we would be nothing but middle class citizens with too many bills to pay. All they saw was that we could easily afford our groceries, buy new clothes when we needed them, and have simple things that are considered normal here like sheets on the beds and table linens.

The caste system in that country was very obvious. When we studied Arabic, one of the first things we learned was that you talk to rich people quite differently than you talk to poor people. I was blown away that those people thought that was normal--that the poor people didn't deserve the benefit of common courtesy.

In addition to those little idoisyncracies, there was the "baksheesh" mentality that drives the government of such third world nations. Whoever has the most money gets things their way. You could bribe someone for a drivers license (which is ultimately what most people did because the test was nearly impossible to pass), you could bribe someone to bring the best vegetables straight to your door. Rich Egyptians can bribe someone to take their place on the police force or the miliary (which the law mandates that every male must spend two years either on the police force or in the military.) I used to bribe a couple of policemen to keep the swarm of beggar kids away from me when I shopped for groceries.

Do you see similarities with that corrupt government and ours?

Looking back at those things makes me know I don't want to live in a nation such as that ever again. I don't want prices of items to be based on whether or not I'm a local, a foreign resident or a tourist. I don't want to see the abject poverty that literally turns a person's stomach and wrenches the heart right out of you because you know you can't do anything to fix it. I don't want to see the scoundrels with their Mercedes who send out the hoard of beggar kids to bring them money to fund terrorism.

But most of all, I don't want the USA to become a nation such as that. I believe that Mexico is quite a bit similar to Egypt. I've only been in certain areas of Mexico but I can see remarkable similarities. A few people control the majority of the money. The average person is a pauper! The streets are littered with indescribable filth and the shopkeepers are so desaparate that they will tell any lie they can think of to make a buck.

I don't know what we can do to make Mexico, or the other Latin American or South American countries better any more than I know what we can do to make Egypt better. But I can promise you that throwing US dollars their way only makes the rich richer, it does nothing whatsoever to alleviate the suffering of the poor. And we all know that letting them all come here, which will eventually make The United States Of America into a third world nation, isn't the answer, either.

Self preservation seems our only option at the moment.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast