Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Yes, the entire aspect of the person changes dependiing on whether they're speaking to someone wealthy or someone poor or a male or a female.

In Kuwait I had been in my new apartment for a week or more...my husband worked offshore so I was alone 2 weeks at a time...and altho I had paid for my kitchen range I couldn't get them to deliver it. I needed that range and went daily to ask them to deliver it. I got the run around...tomorrow, after tomorrow, if Allah is willing....

I asked my neighbor what the Arabic word for 'now' is. I went to the store and asked them to deliver my range..I got the same runaround...but this time I stomped my foot and shouted 'now, now, now' in Arabic. They went out and got a man...one man...who tied my kitchen range on his back and delivered it to my apartment. I was thoroughly shocked and embarrassed to have mistreated this person in such a way. I had thought they would use a pickup (lorry)...They think we are foolish to bother ourselves with someone of the coolie class. I couldn't ever get my mind wrapped around these attitudes.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

I got the run around...tomorrow, after tomorrow, if Allah is willing....
    Bokra In'sh'allah! Bahd bokra, Madame.

How many times have I heard THAT phrase. LOL

And now = abadan, if I recall correctly. I took the equivalent of four years of their language just so I could have a feel for what was REALLY going on around me. Sometimes I wished I hadn't. LOL

You and I could really swap some stories, RR.

I never did treat people like crap just because it was expected of me. Most of the American women I knew did it and some of them were just way too gleeful about it to suit me.

I had a friend who got arrested when she took a whole bunch of little begger kids into the local Pizza Hut! apparently begger kids aren't welcome there no matter who's paying the bill. LOL
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr
    You and I could really swap some stories, RR.
    Yeah, but you were in a good area.
    Here's where I was.
    Ma’assalama, Coto

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

you, too, huh, Coto? Quite an education. Sure made me appreciate where I was born, I'll tell you that. Prior to and after that five year stint in Egypt, I was in Saudi Arabia, eastern and western provinces--about four years total. Now THAT was an experience. LOL
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr
    What do you expect from people who only recently are getting paved roads instead of cow paths?
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Yup, I spent 13 years in some rat holes...we'd come home for vacation every two years. When I disembarked on American soil I wanted to lean overe and kiss the ground. That's why I am in such a fury over what the politicos are attempting to do to this great country.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

From Egypt, I came home annually. But from Saudi Arabia, they made it so miserable to get in and out of there that I stayed until the contract was up. I remember the first time I flew back. I, too, wanted to kiss the NY City sidewalk.

And airport security in Saudi makes me want to laugh in the faces of the people who complain about what goes on here since 9-11. They have no idea what it's like to stand in line for literally hours while they search through people's suitcases, purses and even wallets looking for stuff to confiscate or attack with a black magic marker.

Even European airport security is a far sight tighter than ours. I guess US airlines are afraid to get people upset if they have to wait five extra minutes.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123