Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Investor's Business Daily Calls for Pelosi's Resignation

Remember this is the same Speaker of the House Blocking the Save Act.

Feckless To Reckless, Pelosi Should Resign

By INVESTOR'S BUSINESS DAILY | Posted Monday, July 14, 2008 4:20 PM PT

Leadership: With oil hitting $147, Nancy Pelosi finally admits energy is a problem. But instead of drilling for it, she's cooked up a new drain-the-reserves scheme. It's pure politics at a time of crisis. She ought to resign.

Any leader with an energy record as derelict as Speaker Pelosi's ought to step down. Where she once was just incompetent and irresponsible, she has now — with her latest scheme to fix oil prices — become dangerous.

Despite polls showing Americans in favor of drilling more oil from America's huge untapped supplies, Pelosi won't allow it. She just wants to empty our Strategic Petroleum Reserve for a short-term fix to get through Election Day.

It's an irresponsible suggestion, signaling not only an ignorance of how the economy works but also a willingness to place the nation at risk in the case of emergency.

Last Tuesday, Pelosi sent a letter to President Bush urging him to release a "small portion" of the nation's 706 million barrels of strategic-reserve oil to bring down prices. Regardless of how one feels about whether reserves should be held at all, two big problems stand out with Pelosi's tiny demand.

One, she's proposing a misappropriation of the reserves. The U.S. oil stockpile is a 58-day cushion for emergencies that today are all possible. If Israel attacks Iran, for example, and prices double again. Or if Hugo Chavez cuts off his supplies, as he threatened to do as recently as Sunday.

The reserve is there to cushion the blow of a market disruption; it's not an open-market mechanism to manipulate prices for political ends.

Two, Pelosi has finally admitted that supply matters, something that contrasts with her entire legislative record. We count 14 energy actions to suppress supply on her Web site just since 2005.

She has blocked efforts to open Alaska to drilling, denounced fossil fuels, blamed oil companies for high gasoline prices, voted for biotech boondoggles and condemned speculators.

"Our coasts need lasting protection from oil and gas drilling," she declared Dec. 6, 2006, after Democrats won control of Congress. Missing are any moves against petrotyrant regimes who drive prices skyward, or even lip service to the idea of ensuring supply through drilling.

Pelosi downplays her proposal as modest because it's a "small" portion of the reserves to spend. And look what happened in 2000, she says, when an SPR release authorized by President Clinton lowered gasoline prices nearly 20%.

But she's not fooling anyone. Then, like now, an election was coming up.

With Congress' public approval at a subterranean 9% and falling, the speaker must be starting to realize that November may not be the Democratic cakewalk that pundits predict.

President Bush, however, isn't about to be suckered into releasing the reserves just long enough for pump prices to fall by Election Day, thereby saving Democrats' skins so they can carry on their drill-nothingism for an additional two years.

The president needs to do two things with Pelosi's proposal: First, tell her "no," unless she comes up with a plan to open up more drilling. Second, expose it for what it is — a bid to paint Bush as the problem to distract from her own sorry record.

In playing politics with the Strategic Petroleum Reserve, the speaker has moved beyond the incompetence and irresponsibility that have characterized her leadership to date.

It borders on reckless, something we cannot tolerate in such dangerous times.

http://www.ibdeditorials.com/IBDArticle ... 847223162#
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Nancy Pelosi will go down as the WORST speaker of the house ever. Has she delivered on any of her promises?

Does anyone think Democrats should even run Congress? Democrats will be ruled by Pelosi. Can we afford to keep her as speaker? HELL NO! VOTE HER OUT or IMPEACH her NOW!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    Nancy Pelosi will go down as the WORST speaker of the house ever. Has she delivered on any of her promises?

Does anyone think Democrats should even run Congress? Democrats will be ruled by Pelosi. Can we afford to keep her as speaker? HELL NO! VOTE HER OUT or IMPEACH her NOW!
    I'd love to get rid of her. BUT her district is so lib. Even Code Pink doesn't like her. They are uber left. The best way is to get control of the House. Get rid of those incumbents. I hope Barletta bets Kanjorski, he's such a crook.

We know that she does what she wants, and nothing will ever happen to her either.
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

Any leader with an energy record as derelict as Speaker Pelosi's ought to step down. Where she once was just incompetent and irresponsible, she has now — with her latest scheme to fix oil prices — become dangerous.

I second that
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Gogo
    Quote Originally Posted by miguelina

I'd love to get rid of her. BUT her district is so lib. Even Code Pink doesn't like her. They are uber left. The best way is to get control of the House. Get rid of those incumbents. I hope Barletta bets Kanjorski, he's such a crook.
    I wouldn't even mind if she retains her seat, a demotion would be even more humiliating for her. If she and her cronies keep it up, they just might lose control of the House. Ahhh how sweet that would be!
    "

It would be a dream come true, but we all know she doesn't give a damn nor do her partners in crime....the same stupid people will elect them again, mark my words!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    It would be a dream come true, but we all know she doesn't give a damn nor do her partners in crime....the same stupid people will elect them again, mark my words!
    Right on the money SOSADFORUS! Old battle ax Pelosi is the ring leader and nobody gives a damn in the House or this country, except a select few that are in the minority. This woman makes me SICK!!!!

I faxed her yesterday to get the drilling going and we're tired of their 30-year-old excuses. I suggest you all call her office or fax her. In fact fax her the article with a big "I agree"