Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Kathleen Sebelius Literally Speechless After Told How Unpopular Obamacare Is!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Kathleen Sebelius Literally Speechless After Told How Unpopular Obamacare Is!

The Federalist Papers

This is hilarious, and an instant political classic! Do you agree?

Kathleen Sebelius Literally Speechless After Told How Unpopular Obamacare Is!

BY STEVE STRAUB ON MARCH 31, 2014 · LEAVE A COMMENT · IN OBAMACARE, VIDEO

This is hilarious, and an instant political classic!

REPORTER: At last check, 64 percent of Oklahomans aren’t buying into the health care plan, they don’t like Obamacare, and they’ve been pretty vocal about it, now that’s going to be, still continue to be, a tough sell, but we’ll see how that plays out over the coming months.
    (Silence)
    REPORTER: Alright, Secretary Sebelius, thank you so much for being with us this morning. I think we’ve probably lost sound here or something.
    SEBELIUS: I can hear you, but I . . . thanks for having me.

Watch the video:

H/T Weasel Zippers

http://www.thefederalistpapers.org/o...r-obamacare-is
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Conservative Daily

This one goes in the awkward facial expressions Hall-of-Fame...

That Priceless Moment When a Reporter Tells Sebelius How Unpopular Obamacare Is and She’s Speechless

By Emily Hulsey
    2 hours ago

Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius is at a loss for words when a local Oklahoma reporter tells her how unpopular Obamacare is.

After about seven awkward seconds without a response, the reporter speaks up and says that perhaps the sound isn’t working. Sebelius replies that the sound is working just fine. She just didn’t have anything to say…

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/03/1256...re-speechless/

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Rush Limbaugh

An Oklahoma reporter rendered Kathleen Sebelius speechless. He told her how unpopular Obamacare is, and she had nothing to say.

The March 31st Obamacare Deadline is BS

March 31, 2014BEGIN TRANSCRIPT
    RUSH: We will get into some of the March 31st deadline forObamacare -- and what a joke it is. By the way, an Oklahoma reporter rendered Kathleen Sebelius speechless. An Oklahoma reporter told her how unpopular Obamacare is, and she had nothing to say. He said to her, "At last check, 64% of Oklahomans are not buying into the health care plan. They don't like Obamacare. They've been pretty vocal about it.

"Now, that's gonna still continue to be a tough sell, but we'll see how that plays out over the coming months," and waited for Sebelius to reply, and she had no reply. Seven seconds of dead air. Finally the reporter broke back in to say, "Okay, Secretary Sebelius, thank you so much for being with us this morning. I think we've probably lost sound here or something."
    "No," she says. "No, no, I can hear you, but thanks for having me." So there was not a technical glitch. She just didn't know what to say when confronted with the fact that 64% of Oklahomans are not buying it and don't intend to and don't want it. Because, of course, she's been sent out programmed to speak about how popular it is and how gangbusters it's going. And when she hears data that's totally contradictory, she's lost. She doesn't know what to say.
    BREAK TRANSCRIPT
    RUSH: We've now got that sound bite where Sebelius was rendered speechless. It's Stan Miller -- an anchor at Oklahoma City Eyeball News, KWTV News 9 Eyeball -- and he's interviewing Kathleen Sebelius, and this is how it went...

MILLER: At last check, 64% of Oklahomans aren't buying into the health care plan. They don't like Obamacare, and they've been pretty vocal about it. Now, that's gonna be a -- still continue to be a tough sell but we'll see how that plays out over the coming months.
    SEBELIUS: (long silence)
    RUSH: One, two, three, four, five...
    MILLER: All right, Secretary Sebelius. Thank you so much for being with us this morning. I think we've probably lost sound here or something.
    SEBELIUS: I can hear you, but I --
    MILLER: Okay.
    SEBELIUS: Thanks for having me.
    RUSH: She didn't know what to say. "I can hear you." She should have shut up and let it be assumed that they'd had a technical glitch. She didn't know what to say. This is my point. I'm telling you, she's robotic. She doesn't know anything, this woman. I know she's a card-carrying leftist, but that means she's basically ignorant, when you get down to brass tacks.
    She's been sent out with this story to tell, and the story is, "Oh, yeah, six million people are enrolled! It's going gangbusters, and people who've never had insurance will have insurance and we've never seen anything like this! We're so gratified; we're so happy! We're finally we're bringing affordable health care to all Americans."
    "Uh, Miss Sebelius, 64% of Oklahomans aren't buying into it, don't like it, have no intention of buying into it. It's gonna be interesting to see how this plays out."
    Three, four, five, six...
    She had nothing to say, literally nothing to say. I wonder how many of these high-frequency trades were made on the stock market during her six seconds of speechlessness. I wonder how many billions of dollars were made in that six-second span of time.
    BREAK TRANSCRIPT
    RUSH: This is Ted in Tampa. Ted, great to have you. Welcome to the program, sir. Hello.
    CALLER: Yes, sir. Thank you for taking my call. I just had an interesting thought. I know over the years you've said that you don't have insurance, you pay as you go like in that incident in Hawaii a few years ago. But now as a private citizen, like the rest of us, you are required to either get coverage or pay a fine, which I believe is a percentage of your income. So, based on that, I would like to know if you could comment on your thoughts or your financial peers' as to the potential political, economical, or moral conflict at having to pay so much money or just get a bare bones policy.
    RUSH: Well.
    CALLER: To comply with the law.
    RUSH: Well, you comply with the law by paying the fine. I mean, if you pay the fine, you are complying with the law. The law accommodates both. Here's the thing on the fine as I understand it. The fine is 1% of your income or a formula. However, the maximum fine no matter your income, the maximum fine is the cost of the highest gold-plated, whatever plan there is out there.
    Now, 1% of my income would be far more than that, so I don't think I've gotta pay really 1% of my income. I think the most that I've gotta pay in the form of a fine is whatever the most expensive policy is. But I have my accountant looking into it. But you know what your gonna do, we're probably just gonna dump an amount of money into what we're call the Obamacare fund just so we can tell the IRS, nope, we've paid into it. This is gonna be a preventive measure. What that amount's gonna be, don't know yet. Got 'til April 15th to figure it out.
    But I do not want to get an insurance policy because my choices are gonna be so limited after I do that, I don't want to limit my choices. By that I mean the hospital I want to go to might not be in the network based on the policy I'm able to get, or the doctor might not be. I want to be able to go wherever they'll take me as long as I pay them. Here it is. The maximum penalty cannot exceed the national average yearly premium for a bronze plan.
    CALLER: Oh. Okay.
    RUSH: So, you see, it's not punitive in that sense. You were thinking, me and my financial peers, you were thinking I was looking at 400 grand, right?
    CALLER: At least, yeah.
    RUSH: No. It wouldn't be. A maximum penalty cannot exceed the national average yearly premium for a bronze plan. And that is from Obamacare's individual mandate. The bronze plan is the cheapest. I was wrong. It's not the most expensive that is the max. The bronze plan is the cheapest, but I'm reading that from Obamacare. However, they might change that rule when they find out it's me, just like the governor of New York. So you still may have a point before it's all said and done, Ted.
    CALLER: It's the rules de jour, yeah.
    RUSH: Exactly. The rules of the day, however they make them and want them to be.
    CALLER: That clears it up. I appreciate that. Thank you so much there. Keep up the good work.
    RUSH: Thank you, sir. Appreciate it. Let's see. I've got a health care Stack. I told people I was gonna get to it. It's the March 31st deadline, you know, big whoop, yip yip yip yip yahoo. It isn't. Let's see, what could I have here up first? Oh, a New York Times story: "Repercussions and Reprieves at Health Insurance Enrollment Deadline." Hmm. What's this?

"America’s health insurance marketplace closes on Monday night." Bull. It doesn't. The first sentence in this thing is: "America’s health insurance marketplace closes on Monday night, the deadline for most people to obtain coverage or face a penalty." Even that's not true. Anybody can claim a hardship. We had this two weeks ago. Anybody can claim a hardship in dealing with HealthCare.gov. The hardship does not have to be economic. The hardship is, "I can't work the website. It isn't working for me," or "I don't have time to go to the website."
    Folks, there is no deadline. There's all kinds of ways out of it, and it's because whatever it takes to not make you mad is what Obamacare is this year, as best they can make it, because it's an election year. So they're gonna delay anything that would really make you mad until after October or November. And this article even points this out later on. This first sentence is such BS. The article goes on to point out that anybody can claim a hardship in dealing with the website and get an extension. There's no proof required when you claim a hardship. "I don't have time, it's too hard for me. I don't know yet what I want." Just claim it, don't have to prove it, and you're granted the waiver this year 'cause they don't want you mad.
    The Times article says: "The confusion and uncertainty of the last six months appear likely to continue as consumers, including some who have never had insurance, begin using new policies for the first time. Here are answers to some frequently asked questions." This article has gotten a lot of attention from the rest of the Drive-Bys, even though it doesn't have anything new in it except for a detail that the Drive-Bys are not bothering to mention, and it's buried at the bottom of this piece in the Times, and this is it.
    "With all the exceptions and adjustments, an insurance executive said, 'open enrollment could go on for the rest of the year.'" (gasping) Open enrollment meaning on-demand whenever you have time, whenever you want to sign up, there is no deadline. Open enrollment could go on for the rest of the year. In other words, there is no sign up deadline for Obamacare this year, which means you can wait until you need insurance before signing up, just as we always said would be the case.
    Let me go to the audio sound bites here just for a second. F. Chuck Todd on the Today show today, F. Chuck totally in the tank for Obama, he's all happy today. Matt Lauer said, "Hey, Chuck, let's start with a simple question. Are they cooking the books with these numbers, six million enrollees? When you talk to people in neutral corners of Washington, what are they telling you?"

TODD: No, nobody's saying that they're cooking the books here. I mean, the six million is pretty real. Getting to where they've got, it means the law is un-repealable, Matt. It means that it's here to stay. So then we've advanced to the next part of the debate is, okay, then how do you fix the problems that people think are there?
    RUSH: So it is an open question. They don't know how many have enrolled and they don't know how many of those who have enrolled have actually paid. They don't know that. There isn't a back end on the website. Well, I know this may be hard to believe, and you may be thinking, "Well, you can just say whatever you want," which is true, I can come here and say whatever I want, but I have no intention to mislead you, and there's nothing in it for me to do that. There is nothing ever in it for me to lie to you about anything. I don't gain a thing by doing that. I'm telling you, they may have had six million people that have gone to the website and logged in and provided them with data, but they don't have six million people that have paid.
    What they've got is a million who have paid, and what we really know is that four out of five are subsidized! Four out of five Obamacare policies are being paid for by neighbors and other people in the community, subsidized. It's just a transfer of wealth, is what's happening. This is not new insurance. It's just a direct wealth transfer, is what Obamacare boils down to when you strip everything out of it. Four out of five of these new policies are subsidized, and the latest number we had last week was that it was four million or five million that signed up, and only one million of them, 25% of the people who've enrolled, were uninsured. And that the vast majority are seasoned citizens who are being subsidized, and the people who need to sign up to pay for those subsidies are not signing up, the youngsters out there.
    But here's good old loyal F. Chuck. "Well, what it means, Matt, is it's un-repealable. So now, Matt, we now go on to the next phase, how do we fix it? Once they've got six million, it's un-repealable." Why? We can't take something away from six million people without there being a revolution? What does that mean? (interruption) Well, I know, the Florida midterm election, that special election. Alex Sink lost on the notion that we don't need to repeal it; we just need to fix it. She got skunked.
    You know, here's some things. This is what I think F. Chuck Todd and the Drive-Bys ought to be asking about these Obamacare numbers. And if for some reason, if somehow this were a Republican idea, questions like this would be asked. A Republican would never do this, I understand that, but just speaking hypothetically. The first question that F. Chuck ought to be asking the authorities: "How many of the six million are for insurance and not Medicaid?"
    "How many people who bought actual insurance got subsidies from their taxpayer friends and neighbors?"
    "How many of the people who actually bought insurance have made a payment?" It seems to me to be fundamental.
    "How many of these people did not have insurance previously?" If any decent website of any achievement at all in this day and age would be able to tell you that within seconds. It would be in the database.
    "How many people lost their insurance because of Obamacare?"
    Why didn't F. Chuck run around and ask that question or any of these? The White House is now claiming six and a half million sign-ups, which means -- I don't know. I don't know how many would have had to sign up in the last two weeks, because what did they say the number of sign-ups was? (interruption) We had something like four million would have had to sign up in the last two weeks. Well, that's the point. Why should anybody believe it? Why can't the government prove it instead of just running around and asserting it and then having some sycophant media member repeat it? The real question is: when have they not lied about Obamacare?
    BREAK TRANSCRIPT
    RUSH: I actually think what we're dealing with here is a tiny number. You strip everything away... Follow me on this, now. The grand total of people who did not sign up for Medicaid -- I mean, actually signed up for Obamacare, not Medicaid. I'm talking about these six million people they think they've got. How many of 'em did not sign up for Medicaid?
    How many of 'em did not have insurance previously, were uninsured, and are not getting any taxpayer subsidizes and are actually gonna make their payments? I'll betcha we're talking less than half a million people that have actually signed up and are gonna be making payments to Obamacare. I'll bet you it's less than half a million. And even if it's all six, think of how small the number is.
    So they say, "It's beyond repeal now. Yay!" It is such a tiny number. I'm telling you, the number of people who've actually signed up, and who are actually signing up for Obamacare with an actual Obamacare policy and actually making the payments and not being subsidized? I'll bet you that number is less than a million. I want to go back to this program, me, June 20th, last year.
    RUSH ARCHIVE: Now, the Investor's Business Daily editorial written by Betsy McCaughey details what the health care exchanges in Obamacare really are about. And she focuses on California, because they're getting $910 million to set up the exchanges in California. It turns out these exchanges are just being used for Democrat Party outreach. The NAALCP is getting $600,000 from the California exchange. The AFL-CIO is getting one million. The Service Employees International Union is getting two million. And for what? To go door-to-door, to register voters, to show up at community centers and make presentations on the Democrat Party and sell the Democrat Party agenda.
    RUSH: Dadelut dadelut dadelut dadelut dadelut! Right here it is from the ABC San Diego affiliate, KGTV: "Local Couple Upset After Receiving Pre-Marked Voter Registration Card From Covered California." Bingo! It's exactly what we warned people was going to happen. "A local couple called 10News concerned after they received an envelope from the state's Obamacare website, Covered California.
    "Inside was a letter discussing voter registration and a registration card pre-marked with an 'x' in the box next to Democratic Party. The couple ... received the letter and voter registration card from their health insurance provider Covered California, the state-run agency that implements" Obamacare. Can you imagine how mad Obama's gonna be when he finds out about this?

When Obama finds out that his navigators at Obamacare are actually using this to register Democrats, imagine how mad... (interruption) Well, isn't that what most people say? "Well, how did this happen? What's Obama gonna do when he finds out? He's not gonna be happy." It's like Obama doesn't know any of this stuff going on. But there you have it. This is just one couple.
    I mean, how many of 'em do you think there are who have gotten their pre-registered voter registration card sent to them after signing up for Obamacare in California? "Cleveland Clinic CEO Dr. Toby Cosgrove told Maria Bartiromo on Sunday Morning Futures that three-quarters of Obamacare signups have higher premiums," costing more than what they were paying. Yes, 75% are seeing premium increases.
    END TRANSCRIPT

Related Links

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/20...deadline_is_bs

Obamacare Is So Rotten That HHS Secretary Sebelius Is Speechless

March 31, 2014 by Sam Rolley

Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius, like her boss at the White House and several Democratic lawmakers, is seemingly living in an alternate reality where Obamacare is wildly successful.
    During a Monday interview with HuffPost Live, the HHS Secretary lauded the Obama Administration’s unconventional strategies to encourage Obamacare enrollment, namely the President’s appearance on comedian Zach Galifianakis’ web show “Between Two Ferns.”
    Sebelius said that the Administration noticed a definite “Galifianakis bump” in enrollment numbers.
    “The website traffic surged once the ‘Between Two Ferns’ interview went on,” she said. “But more importantly, what we’re trying to do is reach people in the language that they most understand. Certainly Zach reaches a certain audience.”
    “As a mother of two 30-something sons, I know they’re more likely to get their information on ‘Funny or Die’ than they are on network TV,” Sebelius continued.
    In a separate interview with a local Oklahoma television reporter Sebelius was asked for an estimate of how many of the people who have reportedly signed up for Obamacare have actually paid.
    The White House claims that there have been upwards of 6 million Obamacare enrollments to date— but officials won’t provide hard figures on the number of enrollees who have actually paid for the coverage, which is required before a person is officially enrolled.
    “What we know from insurance companies … tell(s) us that, for their initial customers, it’s somewhere between 80, 85, some say as high as 90 percent, have paid so far,” she said onKWTV-TV. “Lots of companies have different timetables for when their new customers have to send their first payment.”
    The reporter then offered Sebelius some Obamacare numbers related to people in his State, “At last check, 64 percent of Oklahomans aren’t buying into the healthcare plan; they don’t like ObamaCare, and they’ve been pretty vocal about it.
    “Now that’s going to be … a tough sell, but we’ll see how that plays out over the coming months,” he continued.
    To that, Sebelius just stared awkwardly into the camera for so long that the reporter assumed that the sound connection had been lost.
    “I can hear you,” Sebelius said finally. “But I — thanks for having me.”

Sebelius was one of many Administration officials blanketing airwaves on Monday in an attempt to encourage Obamacare enrollment, especially in regions with high uninsured populations, before the midnight enrollment (non)deadline.
    Unfortunately for the Obama Administration, no amount of talking up Obamacare during media appearances throughout the Nation could keep enrollment numbers from being stifled. The Obamacare website crashed for six hours Monday morning and then shuffled many people attempting to enroll into a “virtual waiting room.” The site suffered various glitches at points throughout the day.

Filed Under: Liberty News, Staff Reports

http://personalliberty.com/obamacare...us-speechless/

Banned
    Signing Up for Obamacare Not So ‘Easy-Peasy’

BY: David Rutz
    March 31, 2014 2:41 pm

President Obama told comedian Zach Galifianakis “healthcare.gov works great now” earlier in March. White House adviser Valerie Jarrett confidently tweeted Monday that signing up on the Obamacare exchange is “easy-peasy.”

But for millions of Americans since the law launched in October, that just hasn’t been true, and even on the deadline to sign up Monday, the site again had technical problems.

http://freebeacon.com/issues/signing...so-easy-peasy/

Banned

We Fixed Fox News' Embarrassing Obamacare Chart

On Obamacare deadline day, this chart from Fox News is being passed around the Twittersphere (via Media Matters):

Twitter/@JustinWolfers

The chart appears to scale 6 million to about one-third of the Obama administration's original goal for sign-ups through the federal and state health-insurance exchanges — 7.066 million.
    A proper scale would probably look something more like this:
    Business Insider

Last week, President Barack Obama announced enrollment in the exchanges had surpassed 6 million, which was the administration's revised target after a disastrous rollout of the law. His announcement came four days before the deadline.
    In addition, the Obama administration has said some people who began signing up by the deadline and had problems that prevented them from completing the process would have extra time to do so.

Demand was expected to surge on deadline day.
    HealthCare.gov experienced at least two outages on Monday amid record volume. The Department of Health and Human Services said that as of noon there had been 1.2 million visits to the site.
    Final enrollment numbers will come out sometime next month; they could come close to the 7 million originally predicted.

Banned
    April 1, 2014

Obama Administration Is Cooking The Books On Enrollment Numbers

Published on Mar 30, 2014
    On Fox News Sunday, host Chris Wallace ran down the information still missing from the Obamacare enrollment numbers, such as how many have paid and how many are young invincibles, and asked Senator John Barrasso (R-WY) what the 6 million enrollee figure recently released by the Obama administration meant given its incomplete nature.

"I don't think it means anything," Barrasso said. "I think they're cooking the books on this."

"People want the answers to this," Barrasso continued. "They also want to know, once all this is said and done, what kind of insurance will people actually have. Will they be able to keep their doctor? What will it actually cost them?"

“People want the answers to this. They also want to know, once all this is said and done, what kind of insurance will people actually have. Will they be able to keep their doctor? What will it actually cost them?”

On Fox News Sunday morning, Senator John Barrasso (R-WY) flat out says what many of us have been suggesting for weeks. That the supposed six million number touted by the White House is meaningless.

http://americanthinker.com/video/201...m_medium=email
    Last edited by kathyet2; 04-01-2014 at 12:15 PM.

Banned
    Obama Administration BEGGING People to Sign Up For Obamacare

NBC's Montage of Obamacare Sales Pitches

The Obama administration will do just about anything to get into your pants. Specifically, the wallet part. And the sad reality of modern America is that democrats, liberals, commies, and etc are incapable of feeling ashamed by this.

http://americanthinker.com/video/201...m_medium=email

Mrs. Obama says "They nag us because they love us"!!!!! Really!!! Well the dead line is March 31,2014 it has come and gone...but wait....It is extended again!! These people are unbelievable!!! Now pay attention here not one of these people loudly pleading with everyone to buy this "Obama healthcare fiasco" is needing to buy it!! Hey Obama you bought it, naw but you sure own it!!!!!
    Last edited by kathyet2; 04-01-2014 at 12:28 PM.

Banned
    Numbers Not Adding UP: Obama Claims 7.1 Mil. But Study Shows Only 858K Have Paid

By Clash Daily / 1 April 2014

By David Martosko, U.s. Political Editor
    PUBLISHED: 10:21 EST, 1 April 2014 | UPDATED: 16:28 EST, 1 April 2014
    A triumphant President Barack Obama declared Tuesday his signature medical insurance overhaul a success, saying it has made America’s health care system ‘a lot better’ in a Rose Garden press conference.
    But buried in the 7.1 million enrollments he announced in a heavily staged appearance is a more unsettling reality.

Numbers from a RAND Corporation study that has been kept under wraps suggest that barely 858,000 previously uninsured Americans – nowhere near 7.1 million – have paid for new policies and joined the ranks of the insured by Monday night.
    Others were already insured, including millions who lost coverage when their existing policies were suddenly cancelled because they didn’t meet Obamacare’s strict minimum requirements.
    Still, he claimed that ‘millions of people who have health insurance would not have it’ without his insurance law.’
    ‘The goal we’ve set for ourselves – that no American should go without the health care they need … is achievable,’ Obama declared.

The president took no questions from reporters, but celebrated the end of a rocky six-month open-enrollment period by taking pot shots at Republicans who have opposed the law from the beginning as a government-run seizure of one-seventh of the U.S. economy.
    ‘The debate over repealing this law is over,’ he insisted. ‘The Affordable Care Act is here to stay.’
    The president also chided conservatives ‘who have based their entire political agenda on repealing it,’ and praised congressional Democrats for their partisan passage of the law without a single GOP vote.
    ‘We could not have done it without them, and they should be proud of what they’ve done,’ Obama boasted, in a clear nod to November’s contentious elections in which Republicans are expected to make large gains on an anti-Obamacare platform because of the law’s general lack of popularity.
    On its way to 7 million, the Obama administration has never answered some key questions about the open enrollment period.
    The White House has instead kept to its talking points.
    ‘What I can tell you is that we expect there to be a good mix of people who were previously uninsured who now have insurance,’ Carney said Monday.
    ‘Certainly, there’s a significant number who now have qualified for Medicaid in those states that expanded Medicaid who will have insurance who didn’t have it before.’
    The midnight deadline for enrollment has become a temporary formality, as the Obama administration has offered extensions to anyone willing to claim they tried in earnest to sign up in time.
    Sebelius promised Congress weeks ago that there would be no extension.
    Read more at Daily Mail

Read more at http://clashdaily.com/2014/04/number...e0S6W5LQCQz.99

Banned

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast