Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Kenya Closes Border with Somalia

Somebody better call them and tell them closing their own borders is wrong

Kenya said to close border with Somalia 1 hour, 26 minutes ago

Kenya said Thursday it has closed its border with Somalia in an apparent effort to keep Islamic militants and refugees from entering the country.

"The Kenyan border is officially closed," Foreign Affairs Minister Raphael Tuju told The Associated Press, but he did not say when the decision was made or how the border would remain closed.

Kenya has sent extra troops to its northern frontier with Somalia.

The U.N.'s humanitarian agency said Wednesday that about 4,000 Somali refugees were reported to be near the Somali border town of Dhobley, unable to cross into Kenya.

That same day, a Kenyan security helicopter and a Kenyan air force plane were fired at by unidentified gunmen on either side of the border. Tuju said he had no information on the incidents.

The minister told journalists on Wednesday that Kenya will not allow Somali refugees into the country following the routing of Somalia's Islamic movement because Kenya did not know of any threat facing the refugees.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070104/ap_ ... &printer=1

I wonder when the ACLU will fly over to Kenya and sue their country for violating illegal terrorist rights.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

we need to send mccain, kennedy, clinton & a couple other of our congressional brain trust over there to see how to close a border. i don't think they need any security, flack jackets or (heaven forbid) guns... they are just visiting people who are looking to help their families.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone_Patriot
    we need to send mccain, kennedy, clinton & a couple other of our congressional brain trust over there to see how to close a border. i don't think they need any security, flack jackets or (heaven forbid) guns... they are just visiting people who are looking to help their families.
    Thats a start. I hear Israel has built a pretty good wall, maybe they need to go check it out too?

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader01
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone_Patriot
    Thats a start. I hear Israel has built a pretty good wall, maybe they need to go check it out too?
    i'll call and see if we can book them on the same flight, 2nd class.