Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Leading Climate Scientist Defects: No Longer Believes in the 'Consensus'

CFACT

'One of the world's most eminent climate scientists - for several decades a warmist - has defected to the climate sceptic camp.
    Lennart Bengtsson - a Swedish climatologist, meteorologist, former director of the Max Planck Institute for Meteorology in Hamburg and winner, in 2006, of the 51st IMO Prize of the World Meteorological Organization for his pioneering work in numerical weather prediction - is by some margin the most distinguished scientist to change sides.'
    Share the facts from James Delingpole.
    In his interview with Spiegel Online, Bengtsson said:
    "I have used most of my career to develop models for predicting the weather. I have learned the importance of forecasting validation, i.e. the verification of predictions with respect to what has really happened. So I am a friend of climate forecasts. But the review of model results is important in order to ensure their credibility. It is frustrating that climate science is not able to validate their simulations correctly. The warming of the Earth has been much weaker since the end of the 20th century compared to what climate models show."

Lennart Bengtsson - a Swedish climatologist, meteorologist, former director of the...

breitbart.com

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-L...-the-consensus
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

by James Delingpole 8 May 2014 733 post a comment

One of the world's most eminent climate scientists - for several decades a warmist - has defected to the climate sceptic camp.
    Lennart Bengtsson - a Swedish climatologist, meteorologist, former director of the Max Planck Institute for Meteorology in Hamburg and winner, in 2006, of the 51st IMO Prize of the World Meteorological Organization for his pioneering work in numerical weather prediction - is by some margin the most distinguished scientist to change sides.
    For most of his career, he has been a prominent member of the warmist establishment, subscribing to all its articles of faith - up to and including the belief that Michael Mann's Hockey Stick was a scientifically plausible assessment of the relationship between CO2 emissions and global mean temperature.
    But this week, he signalled his move to the enemy camp by agreeing to join the advisory council of Britain's Global Warming Policy Foundation (GWPF), the think tank created by the arch-sceptical former Chancellor Lord Lawson.
    Though Bengtsson is trying to play down the significance of his shift - "I have always been a sceptic and I think that is what most scientists really are" he recently told Germany's Spiegel Online, denying that he had ever been an "alarmist" - his move to the GWPF is a calculated snub to the climate alarmist establishment.
    "He's a big, big player. The biggest by far to change sides," says the GWPF's Benny Peiser. "What's particularly significant is that his speciality is climate modelling - and computer models, as you know, are at the heart of global warming theory. He is the most significant figure to admit, as many modellers are beginning to notice, that there is an increasing discrepancy between what the models predicted and what the real world data is actually telling us."
    In his interview with Spiegel Online, Bengtsson said:
    "I have used most of my career to develop models for predicting the weather. I have learned the importance of forecasting validation, i.e. the verification of predictions with respect to what has really happened. So I am a friend of climate forecasts. But the review of model results is important in order to ensure their credibility. It is frustrating that climate science is not able to validate their simulations correctly. The warming of the Earth has been much weaker since the end of the 20th century compared to what climate models show."
    Bengtsson went on to reject another pillar of the warmist faith - the existence of a "consensus."
    I have great respect for the scientific work that goes into the IPCC reports. But I see no need for the endeavour of the IPCC to achieve a consensus. I think it is essential that there are areas of society where a consensus cannot be enforced. Especially in an area like the climate system, which is incompletely understood, a consensus is meaningless.
    He believes that policymakers should be much more cautious in making decisions about the long-term future of climate when the facts are still imperfectly understood.
    I do not think it makes sense to think for our generation that we will solve the problems of the future – for the simple reason that we do not know future problems. Let us do a thought experiment and go back to May 1914: Let us try from the perspective of that point in time to make an action plan for the next hundred years – it would be pointless!
    Lennart's is just the latest in a series of defections from the climate alarmist camp to the cause of realism.
    Others include:
    James Lovelock; English scientist; inventor of Gaia Theory; godfather of Green.
    Formerly an arch-exponent of man-made climate doom theory, predicting as recently as 2007, that "billions of us will die; few breeding pairs of people that survive will be in Arctic". Now admits: "The problem is we don't know what the climate is doing. We thought we did 20 years ago." Pro-nuclear; mildly pro-fracking; anti-wind farms.
    Judith Curry - American climatologist and chair of the School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences at the Georgia Institute of Technology.
    Though still a self-described "luke warmer", Curry was probably the most senior member of the warmist establishment - up until Bengtsson's defection - to fraternise with the enemy. This has earned her the badge of honour of being labelled "anti-science" by Michael Mann. In her blog Climate Etc she tries to encourage climate alarmists to show a sense of proportion and admit the limits of their knowledge. Of the National Climate Assessment report, she wrote:
    My main conclusion from reading the report is this: the phrase ‘climate change’ is now officially meaningless. The report effectively implies that there is no climate change other than what is caused by humans, and that extreme weather events are equivalent to climate change.
    Fritz Vahrenholt - German professor; environmental activist; one of the founders of the German green movement; former Environmental Senator of Hamburg.
    Vahrenholt's climate-sceptical bestseller Die Kalte Sonne (translated as The Neglected Sun) sent shock waves through the German green movement. It earned him the title "eco-reactionary" from the left-liberal German media which was appalled at what they saw as his betrayal of the Cause. Vahrenholt argued that the sun - not CO2 - was the most significant driver of climate change; that predictions of man-made climate doom had been overdone; and that science had been corrupted by political indoctrination.
    Sigmar Gabriel - German vice-chancellor; ex environment minister; formerly an enthusiast for green energy policy; now admits that Germany's Energiewende - its transition to renewables - has been pointless and destructive.
    George Monbiot - humorist; Guardian scribe; environmental campaigner; scourge of climate sceptics; has since divided the green movement over his removal of the Atomkraft? Nein Danke sticker on the back of his florally-decorated VW Kombi and his decision that nuclear energy is, after all, the way forward. For this crime he is now being harried by green campaigners who are offering a £100 reward to anyone prepared to arrest him for his "crimes against the environment and humanity."

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-L...-the-consensus
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Freedom Outpost

I’m still a Climate Change Denier : Freedom Outpost http://freedomoutpost.com/2014/05/im...change-denier/

In life, there are certain things as adult human beings, that you never expect to hear. You never expect to hear that your teenage son got caught smoking in the school bathroom, for example, or you never expect to hear that your daughter is dating a...

I’m still a Climate Change Denier

David Risselada 10 hours ago
    5 Comments

In life, there are certain things as adult human beings, that you never expect to hear. You never expect to hear that your teenage son got caught smoking in the school bathroom, for example, or you never expect to hear that your daughter is dating a Democrat. Let's face it, sometimes these things happen. Sometimes, no matter how logical you try to be, there comes a time when you have to realize that you will have to face the illogical. For instance, never in my wildest dreams did I ever think that our government would try to convince us that carbon dioxide is bad. Never in my most imaginative moments did I ever think Americans would be dumb enough to beg the government to initiate policies to regulate carbon dioxide; and yet, here we are.
    We have literally arrived at a moment in time where all that once made sense has been completely flipped upside down. When I went to school, trees and plants needed carbon dioxide to produce oxygen; you know, so we could like, breathe and stuff. Somehow, and I guess it has something to do with communist indoctrination or something, carbon dioxide became a poisonous gas that must be regulated, in order for our children to have better weather! Sometimes I wonder who is more stupid, the people who fall for this trash, or the people who believe they have convinced us to fall for it. That's a tough call.
    However humorous this may seem on the surface, it is a very serious topic. Not only is it serious because global warming represents nothing but a global power grab, but, the fact that people have forgotten that, without carbon dioxide, our planet would be more like Saturn. Let me say that again, without carbon dioxide, our planet would be more like Jupiter, whoops I meant Saturn; well, what's the difference? Without carbon dioxide, we would not exist! In fact, we have a very low level of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere compared to other eras of Earth's history, and to think for a moment that the government can tax us to the point of being able to regulate naturally occurring gas, well that's just plain stupid.
    This is one of those subjects that really exposes the liberal mind for the cluster of cobwebs and dense fog that it is. Here we have a group of people who believe in Darwin's theory of evolution, (most scientists are evolutionists) claiming the earth is billions of years old. They have taught us that the earth has gone through several different "eras," with ninety nine percent of all life that has ever existed already having gone extinct. The earth has survived asteroids, comets, super volcanoes, continents colliding into one another, ice ages, mass extinctions, cataclysmic climate change over billions of years, and yet, life is still thriving on this planet. These people would have you believe that the past couple hundred years of mankind's industrial innovation is enough to do what the forces of nature, over the past couple billion years (according to them), could not do, and that is destroy the climate. Pardon me for retaining my position as a climate change denier, but I'm not buying it. What are they going to do, force me to believe it?
    What should really be concerning people is the fact that these radical environmentalists view your exhalations as a means of emitting carbon dioxide into the air. In other words, your breathing contributes to global warming folks. It doesn't matter if you're a Republican or a Democrat, you still exhale carbon dioxide and global warming is your fault. Go ahead, give the government the power to do something about it. Just remember, they already tried to tax a cow's fart. It's only a matter of time before they realize a cow can't pay the tax folks. Do you know what I'm saying here?
    Eventually, they will tax you for breathing if you decide to remain sleeping. The United Nations also tried to say that global warming is America's fault because we eat too much meat. People have been cooking meat since we have existed on this earth, and now it contributes to global warming? I think Americans better put their biases aside and realize this one thing above all else. The U.N. publicly announced that they believe global communism is the best way to fight global warming. That kind of makes you wonder where the president's loyalties are after he released the latest climate change report, doesn't it? For those wandering lost souls out there who don't know what to believe, I hope this makes you rethink things.

Don't forget to Like Freedom Outpost on Facebook, Google Plus, Tea Party Community & Twitter.

You can also get Freedom Outpost delivered to your Amazon Kindle device here.

Read more at http://freedomoutpost.com/2014/05/im...3II9v1U0C24.99

Conservative Daily

Scientists figuring out "climate changes"...