Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Liberty Dollar says raid was political

Liberty Dollar says raid was political
    Came just after delivery of 60,000 Ron Paul dollars

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: December 1, 2007
    1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2007 WorldNetDaily.com

The founder of the Liberty Dollar, which had its Evansville, Ind., offices raided by federal authorities recently, says it appears the investigation was timed to damage the campaign of U.S. Rep. Ron Paul, who is running for president.

"It defies logic to think that it would be unrelated, quite honestly," Bernard von NotHaus told the Evansville Courier Press. "I think they knew about it … It does look suspect. And I think that's an infringement on his campaign. Because now we don't have the 60,000 Ron Pauls to go out there to publicize his campaign."

Von NotHaus earlier said the government raid on his company was just the "first battle of a long war that I intend to win!"

The company makes and distributes Liberty Dollar barter currency in various denominations and announced that it had been closed down by a raid of FBI and U.S. Secret Service officers who confiscated gold, silver, platinum, medallions, documents, "everything but the desks and chairs."

"For approximately six hours they took all the gold, all the silver, all the platinum, and almost two tons of Ron Paul Dollars that were just delivered… They also took all the files and computers and froze our bank accounts," von NotHaus wrote in an urgent notification of the situation to supporters.

Von Nothaus described the Ron Paul medallions as campaign support buttons, even though Paul campaign officials have paid little attention to the events.

Von NotHaus told the newspaper he got to know Paul and found they shared views on several issues. The newspaper reported he donated the maximum he could, $2,300, to the campaign, but still wanted to do more.

So the Ron Paul medallion was generated.

Von NotHaus said the result was a lot of "buzz" that was created for the campaign.

Jesse Benton, Paul's communications director, told the newspaper the impact of the stunt was minimal, and he doubted whether the raid was political.

Von NotHaus said seizing the 60,000 Paul medallions, which had been sold, was like destroying campaign posters. "Would anybody suspect that maybe that was politically motivated?" he said.

Federal authorities in the U.S. attorney's office in North Carolina, to whom WND was referred when the FBI and Secret Service were questioned, declined to release information about their case, although they admitted the action took place.

The U.S. Mint, some weeks earlier, had posted on its website a warning that "the use of these gold and silver ... 'Liberty Dollar' medallions as circulating money is federal crime."

"The United States Mint urges consumers who are considering the purchase or use of these items to be aware that they are not genuine United States Mint bullion coins and they are not legal tender," the Mint said.

"'Liberty Dollar' medallions are specifically intended to be used as current money in order to limit reliance on, and to compete with the circulating coinage of the United States," the Mint said. "Consequently, prosecutors with the United States Department of Justice have concluded that use of ... 'Liberty Dollar' medallions violates [federal law.]"

Von NotHaus challenges that with the posting of correspondence on his website from Edmond C. Moy, director of the U.S. Mint, that his company's paper certificates are "not covered by the Title 18, Section 486 and hence legal."

He said a class action lawsuit is being assembled for those who had purchased them and were awaiting delivery or held paper certificates or digital Liberty Dollars, and a legal defense fund will be established soon to pursue the case.

Forum participants on the issue didn't hold back on their feelings:

"I'm so tired of people claiming that the U.S. is still the best country in the world, love it or leave it, etc. FREEDOM IS NOT RELATIVE! You are free or you are a slave. We are slaves. I'm in the 15 percent salve bracket. Which one are you in?" wrote "New Guard."

Company information says von NotHaus developed the Liberty Dollar in 1998 as an "inflation-proof" alternative currency to Federal Reserve Notes. The U.S. government, however, historically has taken a dim view of anything monetary that could be perceived as substituting for Federal Reserve Notes.

Authorities have attacked such alternatives as counterfeiting, while supporters of such bartering tools attack the Federal Reserve Notes as fakes.

That opinion was shared by Lance Haverkamp, who joined in a forum at the Courier-Press newspaper on the issue.

"Do you realize how stupid it is to say the green stuff is 'real' and the gold & silver is 'fake'… You must work for the government!" he wrote.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic ... E_ID=58978
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Of course it was political... the plans for the Amero by the Bush administration has been in the plans for a very long time and the Federal government hates someone cutting in on all of the corrupt plans that the globalists have for America.. cutting it up in piece meal and Nobody not even good intentioned entrepreneurs get a cut of the corruption. If you think the Federal Reserve has your best interests in mind... you might want to rethink that scenario
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

PAPER CURRENCY COUNTERFEIT !

MY FELLOW COUNTRYMEN AND WOMEN,

In case no one has figured it out yet, the Paper Currency we use as "legal tender" is as counterfeit as the Confederate Dollar, by which happened in 1937, when they passed into Law, [thanks to the Federal Reserve] that civilian ownership of GOLD, was illegal.

That's why if we don't return this country to the "GOLD STANDARDS" we had before the Economic Royalists stole our Gold, our dollar will only be worth less and less, just like our government's officials each day.

I say it's time we took back the Gold they stole from US, and send them all packing.

An excellent idea would be to empty the containers in our ports laden w/contaminated Communist Chinese products, and load them up w/all the members of the "National Bank" [Federal Reserve] and all Representatives of our government that want to support such illegal and unfair "Free Trade Practices" and support poisoning our children and pets, and now want to align our Army w/the RED COMMUNISTS CHINESE ARMY, and put them on the next slow boat to China ! Along w/their corporate sponsors too !

And to all those that want to support the Invasion and devaluing of our southern & northern borders and wages, and expect US to pay their way, while they suck the life out of US, GET ON THE NEXT BUS TO MEXICO CITY !!!!

It's up to US now folks, to clean up the mess that Washington has left US. Oh, and lest I forget, you won't be getting your retirement pensions and secret service protection. WE THE PEOPLE, have decided to vote in full favor of taking those funds, and using them to return the money you have stolen from Social Security and the American People.

And all the proceeds from the Corporations that have sold US out, those will go towards balancing the National Debt and Trade Defecit and any other defecit or debt you have left our grand children to pay, sponsoring your little puppets in Washington, to achieve your 10 Million Dollar Quarterly Profits !

It's time America ~ Time to take back our border security, time to take back our GOLD, our jobs, our Freedoms !

Maybe if Lou won't run for President, he will at least sound the charge, for Americans, to take back their country, in a way he all ready is, since he has been doing such a good job, AT CARRYING THE LANTERN ~

STAND UP ! STAND TALL ! STAND FIRM ! STAND PROUD !

To A Better Day America ~

Your Loyal Son & Servant !

Give Me Liberty, or Give Me Death !

Liberty Dollar fight for silver continues
    Re-established operation offers 'arrest dollars' to generate support

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: December 27, 2007
    1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2007 WorldNetDaily.com

A special marking, a pair of handcuffs, is featured on Liberty Dollar products being used to raise money for the company's fight with the federal government over its operations

Liberty Dollar, an Evansville, Ind., company that was raided by federal authorities who confiscated 60,000 Ron Paul dollars as well as gold and silver stockpiles, has reopened under a new name and is offering an "arrest dollar" described as a "limited edition" to raise funds for its battle with the federal government.

"As I have not been arrested … yet … the Arrest Dollar is still available," company founder Bernard von NotHaus told supporters in an e-mail. "Believe me … this is a very limited time offer! Please consider supporting the Liberty Dollar by getting a special Silver Liberty that is hallmarked with Handcuffs."

Von NotHaus has said since his company was raided by the FBI and U.S. Secret Service more than a month ago, and had 60,000 Ron Paul dollars as well as gold, silver, platinum, medallions, documents and other items confiscated, he expects to be arrested for his work in creating and retailing the Liberty Dollar items.

He said in his newest alert to supporters that revenue from the "arrest" coins, which are Liberty items that have been donated back to the company and are being marked with a tiny set of handcuffs before being resold, will go towards his battle with the federal agencies.

"It's costly to defend your right to use gold and silver and get your property back," he said.

A report in the Evansville Courier Press said the company reopened as Liberty Numismatics, replacing what formerly was known as Liberty Services and was closed down by the Nov. 14 raid.

The U.S. Mint earlier had issued a warning that it considered the Liberty Dollar products an "alternative currency" and it was illegal, and von NotHaus had filed a lawsuit against the Mint over those statements.

He had told the newspaper recently that he thought the raid could have been connected to politics, since the raid was conducted almost immediately after delivery of 60,000 Ron Paul dollars that were intended to publicize the congressman's bid for the GOP nomination for president.

"It defies logic to think that it would be unrelated, quite honestly," he told the newspaper. "I think they knew about it … It does look suspect."

Von Nothaus described the Ron Paul medallions as campaign support buttons, even though Paul campaign officials have paid little attention to the events.

Von NotHaus told the newspaper he got to know Paul and found they shared views on several issues. The newspaper reported he donated the maximum he could, $2,300, to the campaign, but still wanted to do more.

So the Ron Paul medallion was generated.

Von NotHaus said the result was a lot of "buzz" that was created for the campaign.

Jesse Benton, Paul's communications director, told the newspaper the impact of the stunt was minimal, and he doubted whether the raid was political.

Von NotHaus also suggested the raid would be just the "first battle of a long war that I intend to win!"

The newest report from von NotHaus notes Paul has gone to bat for the idea of an alternative currency before Congress.

In a statement to Congress shortly after the Liberty raid, Paul called for support for the Free Competition in Currency Act.

"This act would eliminate two sections of U.S. Code that, although ostensibly intended to punish counterfeiters, have instead been used by the government to shut down private mints," Paul said. "The two sections this bill repeals, 18 USC 486 and 489, are so broadly written as to effectively restrict any form of private coinage from competing with the products of the United States Mint."

He said the provisions merely encourage prosecutorial abuse, and, "One particular egregious recent example is that of the Liberty Dollar, in which federal agents seized millions of dollars worth of privacy currency held by a private mint on behalf of thousands of people across the country."

He said the U.S. dollar "stands at historically low levels" and America stands "on the precipice of an unprecedented monetary collapse."

"I believe that the American people should be free to choose the type of currency they prefer to use," Paul continued. "The ability of consumers to adopt alternative currencies can help to keep the government and the Federal Reserve honest, as the threat that further inflation will cause more and more people to opt out of using the dollar may restrain the government from debasing the currency."

The company produced the gold- and silver-backed Liberty Dollars as an "inflation-proof" option for investing.

Federal authorities in the U.S. attorney's office in North Carolina, to whom WND was referred when the FBI and Secret Service were questioned, declined to release information about their case, although they admitted the action took place.

Company information says von NotHaus developed the Liberty Dollar in 1998 as an "inflation-proof" alternative currency to Federal Reserve Notes. The U.S. government, however, historically has taken a dim view of anything monetary that could be perceived as substituting for Federal Reserve Notes.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic ... E_ID=59381
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I just started learning about what this group is doing, and what they are offering with the Liberty Dollar. I must say that I am very intriqued. The last few years I have taken most of our money out of the stock market and bought gold and silver. I no longer have to watch what the market does, and am much more secure about this means of investment.
    I am planning on buying some more bullion; and would like to know others thoughts on this particular investment.
    I see this as a potential great investment, especially with the handcuffs and very limited edition. Any one else have any thoughts on this matter? Any buyers out there?
    Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it. - George Bernard Shaw

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Martha
    I just started learning about what this group is doing, and what they are offering with the Liberty Dollar. I must say that I am very intriqued. The last few years I have taken most of our money out of the stock market and bought gold and silver. I no longer have to watch what the market does, and am much more secure about this means of investment.
    I am planning on buying some more bullion; and would like to know others thoughts on this particular investment.
    I see this as a potential great investment, especially with the handcuffs and very limited edition. Any one else have any thoughts on this matter? Any buyers out there?
    Go take a look at E-Bay. People are making a KILLING off of the Liberty Dollars. I wish I had some money to invest in them, but alas, I work in competition with illegal aliens and BARELY survive...

Banned
    Contrary to popular Internet articles and misinformation by several different non news media web services. Some actually published by the accused.
    The FBI has and did have CI’s an UCE’s on this case.
    The investigations began before these current elections as far back as late 2005
    There is currently a Federal Grand jury indictment for Von NotHaus Bledsoe, and Innes
    There are currently several people indicted that were directly connected and that had been employed by Liberty service aka NORFED and the Sunshine mining company, and Hawaii Dala and be called are testifying on behalf of the Government with substantial proof the several United states codes had been violated including mail and wire fraud, counterfeiting , Money laundering and conspiracy to further the criminal activity…

Banned
    You can indict a ham sandwich. I can't wait for these folks to be found NOT GUILTY.

Hell, they got a letter from the head of the US Mint that said they were doing NOTHING illegal.

This was a political attack and anyone that reads ALL the info will know it.

Banned
    Hey friends,
    Im thinking of to writing a storey on this ,

The title:
    Ham sandwiches have better chances of walking away from these indictments.

Banned
    Looking over the Liberty Dollar website and the indictments, I don't think the government has a snowball's chance in Hell of getting a conviction.

Liberty Dollar Says NO to the US Mint Allegations

The United States Mint inadvertently may have done THE LIBERTY DOLLAR, an acclaimed private, non-government currency and favorite numismatic item distributed by NORFED, Inc., a favor by posting a "Warning" on its website on September 14 entitled "Liberty Dollars Not Legal Tender, United States Mint Warns Consumers." The last thing NORFED, Inc., known for the Liberty Dollar, wants is for someone to be confused that the gold and silver based Liberty Dollar has some connection with the Federal Government's fiat money, which is based upon nothing more than popular acceptance for lack of an alternative.

Since the introduction in 1998 of the Liberty Dollar every effort has been made to promote and market the Liberty Dollar with educational tools by clearly and repeatedly pointing out that the Liberty Dollar is not United States Mint fiat money, is not legal tender, is not a coin, is not currency in the sense of governmental coinage, and is not money in the sense of governmental coinage. (Currency and money have varied dictionary definitions. In its own interest the Liberty Dollar has every incentive to clarify that the Liberty Dollar has no connection with the Feds - and that's what has been done, and continues to be done, over and over.)

Any claim of the forgoing would be contrary to the purpose and function of the Liberty Dollar, which, in addition to its being a numismatic item is a means of voluntary barter.

The US Mint Warning has apparently been responsible for a gigantic increase in media and citizen attention to, clarification of, and evidently purchase of a lot more Liberty Dollars. Mike Johnson, Executive Director for the Liberty Dollar notes that, "There never has been such a volume of response - and incredibly favorable response - to the Liberty Dollar."

However, the US Mint Warning makes a big and wholly unjustified mistake. At the end of the opening paragraph it says: "Prosecutors within the Department of Justice have determined that the use of these gold and silver NORFED 'Liberty Dollar' medallions as circulating money is a Federal crime."

After some introductory misstatements, erroneously relying upon 18 USC § 486, the last sentence claims that ". . . prosecutors with [sic] the United States Department of Justice have concluded that the use of NORFED's 'Liberty Dollar' medallions violates 18 USC § 486, and is a crime."

Leaving aside the fact that the United States Mint has no criminal jurisdiction and no authority to interpret, much less enforce, the Criminal Code, the fact is that nobody in the Federal Government has ever contacted the Liberty Dollar or anybody responsibly connected with it, to investigate, much less to claim, that there is something unlawful about the Liberty Dollar.

Just the opposite. Over and again people have enquired of responsible personnel in the United States Secret Service, in the Department of the Treasury Bureau of Engraving and Printing, in the United States Federal Reserve and so on. Just a few of the responses: An Engraving and Printing spokeswoman said, "There's nothing illegal about this. As long as it doesn't say legal tender there's nothing wrong with it." A Washington, D. C. Federal Reserve System spokesman said, "There is no law that says goods and services must be paid for with Federal Reserve notes. Parties entering into a transaction can establish any medium of exchange that is agreed upon." A Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis official said, "If these [NORFED] people want to issue their own money, so be it."

The Liberty Dollar exists, and does so very well, with an estimated $20 million worth of gold and silver Liberty Dollars and Silver Certificates in voluntary circulation as barter, and growing, because the Liberty Dollar is not legal tender, is not connected with any governmental agency and, unlike United States coins and Federal Reserve notes, it is not debt based fiat money, or what some might say, "funny" money.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast