Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Man Beaten to Death After Car He was Riding in Hits Girl

Wednesday, 20 Jun 2007, 2:11 PM CDT

http://www.myfoxaustin.com/myfox/pages/ ... geId=3.2.1

A crowd beat 40-year-old David Rivas Morales to death Tuesday night after the car he was riding in hit a little girl.

AUSTIN -- Austin's Juneteenth celebration ends in murder after police say a crowd attacked and killed a man when the car he was riding in hit a little girl.

40-year-old David Rivas Morales was was beaten to death in his apartment parking lot just after 9:30 p.m. Tuesday. Police say the beating happened in the 900 block of Thompson Street, right next to Rosewood Park where the Juneteenth celebration was held.

Police say Morales was a passenger in a car that hit a small child. Witnesses told police that several black males then started to assault the driver. They told police the crowd then started beating Morales when he got out of the car to try to stop the fight. The driver was able to get away. The child hit by the car was not seriously hurt.

Morales' sister Margaret says she found her brother laying on a speed bump with blood coming from his head. Morales was taken to the hospital where he later died.

"He was a loving and generous man. He would love to help people before him. He was kind, that's just the kind of man he was. He was a really good person," she said.

Police say there could be anywhere from two to 20 suspects. Police say there were several thousand people in the area at the time of the murder. If you were in the area and saw the incident, you are asked to call their homicide tipline at (512) 477-3588.

I saw this this morning...
    I freed thousands of slaves; I could have freed more if they knew they were slaves.
    --Harriet Tubman

very sad...

something was said.. but What? What made something like this POP?

they reported the girl was not hurt all that bad.... (Not that she even should have been hit.. unless it was a complete accident OR maybe if people were just walking in front of moving cars... WE ALL KNOW THIS IS DONE... Some PEDS think they can just walk... ) In my days - we waited for traffic to pass unless we were givin a wave to proceed... I STRESS - I have no idea who was in wrong here.. BUT - the reaction was way out of line..

That will just go down as wrong place wrong time... I pray for all involved.. If ever there was overkill.. this is a clear case.

It took a lot of hate and anger to make someone (or a group) do this.. This is why I harp on people REALLY banding and making things happen with this BILL.. (not that all of here posting are not) but the VISITORS...

IF YOU ARE HERE TODAY READING! SIGN UP! START TODAY AND GET INVOLVED!!! PLEASE.

When people are scared - they do rash un-wise" judgement calls.. Just like this story.. THE AMNESTY BILL WE ARE FIGHTING IS CAUSING FEAR.. This is what washington needs to understand.. PEOPLE ARE SCARED.. I myself - I'm past scared.. (for me- that was three years ago.. I spoke up and nobody cared...) I (and many of us here) KNOW WHATS GOING ON.. I'm willing to use the process first.. I'm willing to work for change the right way... People have talked about thiese moves for years.. "vote the bums out" ... LIMIT TERMS... etc.. Now.. WE HAVE TO MAKE IT HAPPEN...

That's me talking.. (You can feel how you like) A guy like me would have got that guy the hell out of that situation.. (Had I seen things getting that hot) A guy like me would not add to the situation... I would have stayed in car.. (My best defense) and if it got to where my car was going to be flipped.. I'd high tail it out... I'd give fair warning.. then I'm HIT THE PEDDLE to the FLOOR.

Yes - a news story like this is sad..Things like this happen when tennsions grow to the boiling point. When people get scared.. I'll bet much of the what happened that sad sad day had little to do with that little girl.. THAT ACCIDENT was just a TRIGGER.. or a SPARK that made the MOB goes nuts.

History. Just look to history.. We at least have history to teach us to RELEASE the STEAM... We here - are trying to make it turn in a better direction without such a un-wise ending..

GOD BLESS US ALL - Pray today - just a simple prayer.. (I'm not even all that religious... I just believe in God - Period)

Listen - If we win this GREAT! But we still have much work to do... If this passes in any form (the AMNESTY Bill) We still have the HOUSE....

No matter what - We better look to fixing the cause of the problems... not just fixing leaks as we go... WE need the GRAND OVERHAUL... Period.

It will be hard.. It will take time... oH! and it WILL BE WORTH IT!

MAke it happen today! Talk to your neighbors and MAKE THOSES CALLS!

Then - when you're done - GIVE YOURSELF A PAT ON BACK a FEW TIMES... YOU DESERVE IT! Hell - Go buy a bananna split maybe!

PEACE EVERYONE.. I'm off to work for a few hours.. need a break anyways.. (How about that - WORK is a break.... lol) Who knew???