Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Back on topic...

I'd still like to see some actual studies on the 'bad effects' of using marijuana. Not some opinion about those studies, but the studies themselves. If that information can be provided I would be more than happy to research it completely, letting the chips fall where they may.

Obviously my intention would be to debunk it, but if it is VALID I imagine my efforts would fail.

Anyone up to the challenge??

Banned
    Wow!!!! Gone 5 days and not a SOUL to take up my challenge.

I figured 5 days would be PLENTY of time to 'get your ducks in a row'.
    Such vociferous 'anti's' last week and not a peep from them now??

I'm SHOCKED, I tell you, completely SHOCKED!

I just got a chance to read this thread. Pretty amusing stuff. I knew this thread was here but hadn't had a chance to get to it. Funny just when you put up this thread, I was on the net researching for a friend of mine who is dying of cancer. About 5 years ago, a fella told me (He's into these herbal things) he got a magazine from a group he belonged to. Said they were doing studies on the cure for cancer using marijuana. So, I remembered that and started digging.

PineStraw, did you see the video of the interview with this scientist who has been researching this for 30 years? It's pretty interesting. I'll see if I can find the link and post it for you. Anyway this doctor/scientist said he did a clinical study on about 6oo people and followed these cases for over 20 years. The people were put into groups. Those who only smoked cigs, those who only smoke joints, and those who did both. I think he was trying to find out what effect marijauna had on the respiratory system, is how the study began. Anyway, the study showed that cigs caused the airways to restrict for about 20 minutes while smoking, so he was sure marijuana would be even worse. He was shocked to find that instead of restricting the airways, it expanded them. They did biopsies of the bronchial tubes throughout this study, and although the pot-only smokers had the same pre cancerous cells as the other groups, they never develop into cancer as it did with the other groups.

I can't remember everything that he said, but basically he said he was forced to adjust his thinking after all these years. There has also been studies done across the world. Italy I think proved that it kill tumors on the brain without damaging the surrounding cells. And someone else did a study and showed that smoking pot lessened the amount of brain damage in stroke patients.

As I'm just chattering here, I doubt if I'm going to be made to prove all this with links, but I'll round them up anyway and post them. We don't want to upset anyone.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Medicines are not approved in this country by popular vote. Before any drugs can be released for public use they must undergo rigorous clinical trials to demonstrate they are both safe and effective, and then be approved by the Food and Drug Administration. Our investment and confidence in medical science will be seriously undermined if we do not defend the proven process by which medicines are brought to market.

I'm sorry but if this were a laughing matter that statement would be a side splitter.

I would like to see the statistics on 'legal' drug related deaths, addictions and serious side affects.

Of course, the drug companies don't want marijuana legalized. Imagine if it did shrink tumors, imagine if it did make life easier for those in severe pain, or help the appetite of those who are so sick they don't want to eat - just imagine.

That's billions of dollars out of the pocketbook of big pharmaceutical companies.

I know nothing about marijuana - but is it worse to smoke a marijuana cigarette than pop tranquilizers all day - or any of the other drugs the doctors are pushing these days? I don't see how. These drugs sold by the legal pushers - doctors - are very addictive and cause a lot of harm.

Remember the ads for Paxil - for teenage angst? Yeah, that was a good thing that underwent rigorous testing? Actually, it did undergo testing - it was just that they used the public and a lot of teens as their guinea pigs.

Yeah, those drug companies do rigorous testing and make sure all those drugs are totally safe before they go on the market - I'm sorry - I can't believe anyone truly thinks that is so.

Those same companies think Americans shouldn't be able to buy vitamins and food supplements also. Well, I mean without a prescription and without going through them.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    As I'm just chattering here, I doubt if I'm going to be made to prove all this with links, but I'll round them up anyway and post them. We don't want to upset anyone.
    If you've got those links handy I'd really appreciate them, it's always prudent to keep plenty of weapons in your arsenal, if you know what I mean.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    Medicines are not approved in this country by popular vote. Before any drugs can be released for public use they must undergo rigorous clinical trials to demonstrate they are both safe and effective, and then be approved by the Food and Drug Administration. Our investment and confidence in medical science will be seriously undermined if we do not defend the proven process by which medicines are brought to market.

I'm sorry but if this were a laughing matter that statement would be a side splitter.
    It struck you that way too, huh??

Yeah, the pharmaceutical companies have got a GREAT game going and don't need the competition. Prescription drugs these days with lists of side effects that are worse than the 'disease' they're designed to treat, costing hundreds if not thousands of dollars a month, paid for by 'insurance' which raises costs for ALL of us, and in some cases leading to the death of the very patients it was 'supposed' to help.

I got a lot of faith in THAT system, I'll tell ya.

Okay, PineStraw, just give me a little time to get my coffee into me and get caught up and I'll get those links for you.

PineStraw, here's a few for you to look at. The video is in 2 parts. You can get to part 2 on the right of the page.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJmQ16cGBHU

http://www.mapinc.org/drugnews/v00.n289.a09.html

http://drugpolicycentral.com/bot/pg/can ... v_2003.htm

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    PineStraw, here's a few for you to look at. The video is in 2 parts. You can get to part 2 on the right of the page.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJmQ16cGBHU

http://www.mapinc.org/drugnews/v00.n289.a09.html

http://drugpolicycentral.com/bot/pg/can ... v_2003.htm
    Thanx Bob, I've bookmarked them for later use.

Good stuff, BTW!!

Your welcome. By the way, I'm the Tiny part of that name. Bob is my husband.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast