Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I agree, PineStraw. All the studies show that alcohol kills bain cells and the liver, but that's okay because it's "legal." So far the studies I've seen show that marijuana does none of these things to the body. The arguement I get a kick out of is that using mj leads to the use of stronger drugs. Not all people want a bigger high. Most people are intelligent enough to know the harm that hard drugs do to the body. It's like saying if you're a beer drinking, you're going guzzle liquor.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Tiny I like your avatar.

You know from what I have heard from some younger folks is the same as Pinestraw and others - it is much less harmful than alcohol.

Being an old fogey, I've, knowingly, had little or no contact with anyone who does drugs of any kind. That simply means they don't do it around me, probably.

The fact is, if someone wants to take drugs, other than a child, I don't see that it is anyone else's business. Certainly not the business of the government.

The government's ideas on enforcement simply puts crime and profits into the picture. From the amount that we have coming into this country, I can't imagine it has much to do with stemming the tide and I don't think it has much, if anything, to do with stopping people from using the drugs.

It does make it very profitable for those who sell drugs and it makes it dangerous for the rest of us. It gives the government more and more power to use against us - think of the drug law used against Ramos and Campean.

If something isn't working, there needs to be change. To continue to do the thing that isn't working and is actually harming innocent people, just makes no sense, for the citizens. It makes perfect sense for the government and drug dealers.

[/b]
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This government is a joke. They knew the advantages of using marijuana for cancer treatement back in 1974 and they ordered the research destroyed so they could let the drug companies make money on the synthetic version. They have used this arguement of marijuana being bad for the body only to push their own agenda. They have let the drug companies poison Americans with all their new products, yet no one has held them accountable for that. And no one is going to as long as we keep the same losers in the White House and Congress.

Oh, and thanks about the avatar. Dixie made it for me.

Banned
    There is no doubt in my mind That right now across the country in some places a medical form of Marijuana use is legal with good reason and will remain useful in many medical situations that currently exist and new ones as studies and trials provide.
    But, Recreational Pot Smokers (Drug Users and Drug Dealers) only have three rights pertaining to public and privet use or sale of weed… Those will not change when the Medical uses of THC makes a further break through.

Banned
    tinybobidaho
    i think you guys did a great job on the avatar !!!

Thanks, Greg.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GREGAGREATAMERICAN
    There is no doubt in my mind That right now across the country in some places a medical form of Marijuana use is legal with good reason and will remain useful in many medical situations that currently exist and new ones as studies and trials provide.
    But, Recreational Pot Smokers (Drug Users and Drug Dealers) only have three rights pertaining to public and privet use or sale of weed… Those will not change when the Medical uses of THC makes a further break through.
    So what exactly is your rationale for keeping the recreational use of marijuana against the law, Greg?? It's not physically addictive, it doesn't lead to using hard drugs like cocaine and heroin, it's much less physically damaging than cigarettes and alcohol and it use DOES have some positive aspects, such as it's action as a cancer inhibitor and as a mood stabilizer.

Why do you have such a problem with it?

Quote Originally Posted by PinestrawGuys
    Quote Originally Posted by GREGAGREATAMERICAN
    So what exactly is your rationale for keeping the recreational use of marijuana against the law, Greg?? It's not physically addictive, it doesn't lead to using hard drugs like cocaine and heroin, it's much less physically damaging than cigarettes and alcohol and it use DOES have some positive aspects, such as it's action as a cancer inhibitor and as a mood stabilizer.
    Why do you have such a problem with it?

Wonder if this would help with menopause? lol

For the record, this is a good debate. My personal opinion is that if you want to smoke it, smoke it. It is no ones business. Personally, I'll stick with my Winstons!
    If you can read this, thank a teacher.
    If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GRITS

Wonder if this would help with menopause? lol

For the record, this is a good debate. My personal opinion is that if you want to smoke it, smoke it. It is no ones business. Personally, I'll stick with my Winstons!
    Actually, Queen Victoria of England used it EXPRESSLY for that purpose!!

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast