Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Mark Levin: If I lived in Mississippi, I would not vote for Thad Cochran

Mark Levin

If I lived in Mississippi, I would not vote for Thad Cochran; his race-baiting and pro-big-government campaign are too much to stomach

Mark Levin opened his show talking about the Cochran/McDaniel election last...
    The Right Scoop

Posted on Jun 25, 2014 at 6:45 PM in Featured Politics | 4 Comments
    By The Right Scoop

Mark Levin opened his show talking about the Cochran/McDaniel election last night, saying that after what happened in this race he wouldn’t vote for Thad Cochran because he’d be betraying himself to do so:
    If I lived in Mississippi, I would not vote for Thad Cochran, because Thad Cochran has besmirched me.
    Thad Cochran has told Democrats, minorities, liberals, anybody who would listen that I’m a racist and that I want to stop black people from voting.
    People assigned to him, people associated with him — Cochran hasn’t denounced any of this. Mitch McConnell hasn’t denounced any of this. John McCain hasn’t denounced any of this. Haley Barbour hasn’t denounced any of this.
    They’re having a party! They won!
    They won, and why? They’re so desperate to keep a constitutional conservative out of the Senate? They’re so desperate to protect a man in the early stages of dementia, because he’ll vote the way they want him to vote, because they can control him?
    And that’s what we’ve become? That’s what the party of Lincoln has become? The party of Abraham Lincoln has become the party of race-baiting and food stamps? The party of Ronald Reagan has become the party of race-baiting and food stamps?
    This is what happens when you have no principles. This is what happens when you’ve lost your moorings.

Reagan appealed to conservative Democrats on a cultural level. He appealed to their highest aspirations, not fear mongering, not race baiting, not by promoting big government programs.
    No, there’s no way Thad Cochran would get my vote. I’d be betraying myself.
    Listen to Mark’s full opening segment below:

Video at the page link:

http://therightscoop.com/mark-levin-...-thad-cochran/
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 06-27-2014 at 04:21 PM.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Limbaugh erupts: GOP is 'corrupt, reprehensible'
    Conservative giant flays Republican Party

Published: 2 days ago

If you think conservative juggernaut Rush Limbaugh is a champion for the Republican Party, think again.
    The nation’s top-rated radio host just launched a blistering attack on the GOP establishment, calling it “corrupt” and “reprehensible” for aligning with Democrats to defeat a tea-party Republican in a Senate primary runoff.
    On Tuesday night, six-term Sen. Thad Cochran held off state Sen. Chris McDaniel by a narrow margin of 50.8 percent of the votes to 49.2 percent.

On Limbaugh’s Wednesday program, the host flayed the Republican Party’s tactics, holding up a flyer featuring photos of both candidates he said was indicative of the GOP’s efforts.
    Rush Limbaugh holds up a flyer used by the Republican Party to impugn tea-party Republican Chris McDaniel.

The flyer states:
    The tea party intends to prevent blacks from voting on Tuesday.
    According to the Clarion-Ledger, Chris McDaniel and the tea party plan to prevent Democrat voting in the Senate runoff on Tuesday between Thad Cochran and tea-party candidate Chris McDaniel. We know the tea party uses Democrats as code for African-Americans.
    Don’t be intimidated by the tea party. Let’s turn out for all Mississippians and vote for Thad Cochran. Thad Cochran works for all Mississippians.
    Mississippi cannot and will not return to the bygone era of intimidating black Mississippians from voting. We must rise up on Tuesday to have our voices heard on who will represent Mississippi in the U.S. Senate. VOTE THAD COCHRAN.
    “The Republican establishment sought victory via Democrat voters in the runoff, and they got them,” Limbaugh said. “Without the African-American vote from Democrat-leaning counties, Thad Cochran would have lost by eight or nine percent last night.”
    “The Washington establishment – both parties – distribute a flyer claiming the tea party wanted to prevent blacks from voting on Tuesday. This, combined with other efforts, secured a turnout of black Democrat voters in a Republican primary that gave Thad Cochran, in my view, a corrupt and undeserved victory.”
    U.S. Sen. Thad Cochran, R-Miss.

“What happened in Mississippi was that the most electable Republican candidate was thwarted by the Republican establishment,” he added.
    “The establishment is going to align itself every which way it can against any outside challenger, like this tea-party candidate. … We have a result that is not representative of the Republican Party thinking in Mississippi. The technique that was used and the manner in which this was achieved is reprehensible.”
    Under state election laws, Democrats could legally vote in the GOP primary, as long as they didn’t vote in the Democratic primary. According to the Washington Post, only 83,000 people voted in the Democratic primary.
    McDaniel didn’t concede and slammed Cochran’s strategy of seeking support from Democrats.
    State Sen. Chris McDaniel, R-Miss.

“We have fought too long and we have fought too hard to have a voice in this party, and today the conservative movement took a back seat to liberal Democrats in the state of Mississippi,” McDaniel said.
    Ironically, Limbaugh himself has championed a similar operation in the 2008 Democratic presidential primary, called “Operation: Chaos,” where he encouraged Republicans to vote for Hillary Clinton to keep the former first lady alive against Barack Obama.
    But he explained there was a big difference in that effort compared to what happened in Mississippi.
    “The Hillary Clinton forces did not join me,” Limbaugh said. “There was no way they were aligning with me or any other Republican organization.”
    He also suggested leaders of the national Republican Party are not even interested in winning the White House again.
    “This is something that I have sensed for many, many moons,” he opined. “I think the primary thing that matters is the Senate, more so than winning the White House.”
    “It is the Senate and those chairmanships and being in charge of the money that seems to have everybody in the establishment salivating – but not to change the direction of the country, not to reverse the course we’re on, but to simply ascend to the captain’s seat of it.”
    Despite his unhappiness with the Republican tactics in Mississippi, Limbaugh stressed, “I am not advocating for a third party. … They don’t win.”

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2014/06/limbaugh-...GatT2vSJcs9.99
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn