Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MCCAIN IN REPUBLICAN STRAW POLL EMBARRASSMENT

MCCAIN IN REPUBLICAN STRAW POLL EMBARRASSMENT
    Sat Mar 11 2006 12:50:33 ET

Facing a loss at a 2008 straw poll event this weekend, Senator John McCain of Arizona told his supporters to write in President Bush [?] as a sign of support, leaving many sputtering.

"For the next three years, with our country at war, he's our president and the only one who needs our support," McCain told nearly 2,000 party activists from 26 states gathered in Memphis.

McCain, realizing the national political media had descended on the Southern Republican Leadership Conference, moved to discredit the straw poll by asking delegates to vote for Bush, insiders claim.

Instead of stopping the momentum of Majority Leader Bill Frist - widely anticipated to win the straw poll - the move seemed to expose the McCain camp's insincerity about its position with the base.

One activist said, "McCain voted against all the Bush tax cuts... maybe he should have voted for the president then, instead of waiting for a political stunt to try and distract."

Developing...
    http://www.drudgereport.com/flash2mc.htm
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

but he's way ahead in the online strawpoll.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This guy is dangerous. He's all over the road, no matter what the issue is. I hope we NEVER give him access to the Patriot Act or the button. Same for Hillary. DANGEROUS !!

I couldn't agree more Legal. I used to not like him because he's such a camera hog but now that I've had a period of time to see him in action, I know that there was a lot more reason not to like him.