By American InfidelFrom BuzzPo

While giving a speech in Fort Campbell, KY, First Lady Michelle Obama touched on the topic of veterans finding work after leaving their duties with the military. In her speech, she mentioned that before hitting the campaign trail with Barack, she didn’t have a clue about what life in the military is really like.

She continued by contrasting her experiences campaigning with that of Vice President Joe Biden and his wife Jill, who are Blue Star parents.

“Unlike Jill, I wasn’t a military mom,” the First Lady said, “I didn’t know much about the military, and I was probably more like the average American.”

Michelle described the myriad of meetings she had throughout the campaign with military families.

“Everywhere we went, I heard the voice of a woman that I hadn’t heard before, and it was your voice,” the First Lady said, “And I was just awed and blown away by what I heard through those voices, the challenges you all face.”

Taking it one step further, Michelle went on to compare her life campaigning with a presidential candidate to that of a military wife.

“Dealing with everything that I was dealing with—a spouse traveling, a job, kids– we didn’t deal with multiple moves, but I learned about the challenges that happen when you move from base to base to base,” Michelle said, “The way your kids have to adjust on a dime. And doing it knowing that the person you love is in harm’s way. And those stories moved me in a way that I didn’t expect.”

Michelle Obama Says Her Life Is Harder Than Any Soldier?s ? Freedom Daily