Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mike Huckabee, will you please address this concern?

Something which bothers me greatly about Huckabee’s adopted tax plan is, it is designed to follow the same path of those who gave us the income tax. Keep in mind the goal of those who pushed the 16th Amendment was to remove the rule of apportionment as applied to “incomes“, the rule of apportionment being our Constitution’s fair share formula, for any general tax among the states!

What must never be forgotten is our founding fathers intended to allow Congress to raise its revenue from imposts and duties at our water’s edge, and also allowed for miscellaneous internal excise taxes on articles of consumption, but if Congress ever found it necessary to call upon the people within the various states in a general tax among the states, Congress was to first establish the total sum needed to be raised and then send a bill to each state based upon a formula which tied taxation and representation together by the same standard ____ each state’s population size!

That formula, considering subsequent amendments to our Constitution may be represented by the following formula:

State`s population

-------------------------X SUM TO BE RAISED = STATE`S SHARE

Total U.S. Population

The fairness of our Constitution’s fair share formula is found in the fact that it turns out to be an equal per capita tax! If the tax were to be paid directly by each person living in the United States and a person living in New York paid one dollar, a person living in Pennsylvania would likewise pay one dollar!

In addition, it should also be noted our founding fathers also intended, rather than have federal tax collectors enter the states and levy each states share of the tax, our founders wanted to insure that once each state’s share of the tax was determined, the various states would be left to meet their responsibility in the general tax among the states in their own chosen way within a time period set by Congress.

This is what federalism, our Constitution’s plan, is all about___ the people within their states being left free to make their own decisions through their own political process, and especially when it comes time to meet a federal tax burden laid among the States. These intentions were repeatedly stated during the framing and ratification process of our Constitution. For example: Mr. George Nicholas said: "the proportion of taxes is fixed by the number of inhabitants, and not regulated by the extent of territory, or fertility of soil ___ Each State will know, from its population, its proportion of any general tax as it was justly observed by the gentleman over the way, (Mr. Randolph), they cannot possibly exceed that proportion; they are limited and restrained expressly to it. The state legislatures have no check of this kind. Their power is uncontrolled." ___3 Elliot, 243, 244.

Mr. Madison remarked that "they will be limited to fix the proportion of each State, and they must raise it in the most convenient and satisfactory manner to the public." 3 Elliot, 255.

In any event, those who promoted the 16th amendment sought to undermine federalism, our Constitution’s plan and its fair share formula with regard to taxes on “incomesâ€

I, for one, support the fair tax. I am poor, and am sick of my tax dollars paying for free health care and welfare and education for people who don't contribute a dime. And in my opinion, now these leeches will be paying just as much as I am, and if you are not in the country LEGALLY, then you are not eligible to receive a "pre-bate", so by all means, make everyone start paying the same.
    Now if you are amoung the wealthy, then, I guess it's time you start paying for all that playing. If you don't want to be taxed on that big yacht, then I suggest you don't buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by totallybeachin
    I, for one, support the fair tax. I am poor, and am sick of my tax dollars paying for free health care and welfare and education for people who don't contribute a dime. And in my opinion, now these leeches will be paying just as much as I am, and if you are not in the country LEGALLY, then you are not eligible to receive a "pre-bate", so by all means, make everyone start paying the same.

Now if you are amoung the wealthy, then, I guess it's time you start paying for all that playing. If you don't want to be taxed on that big yacht, then I suggest you don't buy it.

Are you really unaware that the alleged fair tax will be another assault upon the working poor? Let me explain how H.R. 25 will affect Mary and Joe Sixpack.

Mary and Joe have two little children and find it necessary to earn extra money to pay the bills. Mary baby sits for neighbors in the community while Joe, who works for a pluming company, his regular full-time job, also provides the same service on his own time to friends and neighbors for fair market value compensation. Well, surprise, surprise! Under Huckabee’s alleged fair tax which promises to close down the IRS and end its misery, Mary and Joe will experience the same exact type of misery suffered under “income taxationâ€