Mike Krieger On The UN Power Grab

Submitted by Tyler Durden
06/09/2011 13:48 -0400
147 comments

The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - even encourage the more critical and dissident views. That gives people the sense that there’s free thinking going on, while all the time the presuppositions of the system are being reinforced by the limits put on the range of the debate. ~ Noam Chomsky

Nobel awards are merely an honorary award in groupthink, presented to anyone who perpetuates the status quo with little regard for actual merit-based contribution. - Tyler Durden of Zerohedge

A Brief History

I am particularly untalented at a lot of things. It can be frustrating sometimes, the way my mind works. Some parts of it just seem to be overly stimulated and powerful, while others appear depressingly average. I have always been of the belief that everyone has some personality trait that is particularly strong relative to the others and if they are able to identify that strength and focus on it they can ultimately reach their highest potential. Early on in life it was pointed out to me by family and friends that I had an uncanny ability to process current information and extrapolate that into future likely trends. To me the observations I made seemed so obvious I didn’t even contemplate that it could be a unique talent. I didn’t realize it was until I came to Wall Street.

From 2000-2005 I toiled anonymously at Lehman Brothers as one of the junior people on the oil analyst’s research team. Sometime around 2003, I started looking into the growth trends of China, India and other nations combined with recent oil supply growth trends and a light bulb went off. Oil was about to explode higher. It was around this time I also realized that research was too slow and painfully tedious for my personality. Some of the most senior people in research thought I should look into being a trading desk analyst for energy. Thus began a process where I would go down to the trading desk every few days and attempt to kiss ass. I am the worst ass kisser on planet earth. In fact, I am really actually incapable of it. I also went through some one on one interviews with the guys on the desk. We would talk oil and I was often asked where I thought it was going. I would reply with “much higherâ€