Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Mitt Romney's "Corporations are people, my friend.&

A globalist speaks..it is getting easier and easier to pick them out now

Video at link below

Mitt Romney's Iowa Soapbox Speech Erupts Into Shouting Match Over Social Security
    Grace Wyler | Aug. 11, 2011, 12:53 PM | 3,626 | 67

2012 Republican frontrunner Mitt Romney faced an angry crowd at the Iowa State Fair this morning.

Rowdy fairgoers interrupted Romney's soapbox speech with shouts of "Wall Street greed!" After one attendee asked the candidate how he would strengthen Social Security, the crowd started interrupting Romney's answer.

Romney engaged angrily with his hecklers, uttering a line that's major meme fodder: "Corporations are people, my friend."

After a few minutes, Romney pointed out that it was his turn to speak.

As you can see in the video below, the former Massachusetts governor appears to enjoy the exchange. At the end of his speech, he joked "these guys up front won't be voting for me."

UPDATE, 2:15 p.m.: Democrats are already lambasting Romney for comparing people to companies.

"It is a shocking admission from a candidate—and a party—that shamelessly puts forward policies to help large corporations and the wealthiest Americans at the expense of the middle class, seniors, and students," DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz said in a statement. "Mitt Romney and his fellow Republican candidates should spend a little less time fighting to protect the special interests, millionaires, and billionaires, and a lot more time standing up for the middle class, seniors, and students.â€

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    yep... and I'm tell'n ya America...

these are the VERY People you better be running in the OPPOSITE Direction from
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AirborneSapper7
    yep... and I'm tell'n ya America...

these are the VERY People you better be running in the OPPOSITE Direction from
    I agree with you sapper these arent people they are the money grubbers thats holding this country back.Romney is so wrong on that one.

Ron Paul rebukes Romney: Corporations are not people

Posted on 08.15.11
    By Stephen C. Webster
    Categories: Featured, Nation

In a verbal slap at former Mass. Gov. Mitt Romney (R), Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) affirmed this weekend his belief that only individuals are people, contradicting Romney’s insistence that corporations are as well.

Legally, Romney is right and Paul is wrong. Corporations have been endowed with the rights of individuals since 1886. But the statement is notable for Paul’s timing, coming just days after Romney got into a back-and-forth with an angry heckler who got him to say, “Corporations are people, my friend.â€