Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NC: Mom: Boy slipped, didn't run(Chimney Rock Park)

I'll bet the immigration status of these parents will never be checked and they will file a huge wrongful death lawsuit against the park owners for their child's death because they "DIDN'T SEE ANY SIGNS POSTED IN SPANISH" to tell them this place MIGHT be a dangerous one for a toddler. While I DO feel empathy for the loss of this child, I know what's coming from the parents. A big settlement and no questions as to WHY they don't know English if they are living in this country.

Mom: Boy slipped, didn't run
    Translation led to unclear details in fatal fall at Chimney Rock, parks official says.
    Associated Press

SPARTANBURG --

The mother of a 2-year-old who fell to his death at Chimney Rock State Park is disputing reports from park officials who said the boy ran from her before slipping under a wooden rail.

Bibiana Saenz Bautista, 28, told the Spanish-language newspaper La Voz that she had her son, Giovani “Naniâ€

Witnesses To Chimney Rock Fall Speak

Monday, May 26, 2008 - 08:51 PM Updated: 11:37 PM

By Jonathan Carlson
    E-mail | Biography
    Giving a first-hand account of what happened Saturday, a Raleigh couple is speaking after witnessing the tragic fall of a child at a North Carolina state park.

Saturday, two-year old Giovani Chavez of Spartanburg fell to his death at Chimney Rock Park after breaking free from his mother and falling 200 hundred feet, according to authorities.

Aura Maas of Raleigh was standing near the family.

"I heard this screaming," she said. "In my mind I thought perhaps they had seen an animal and that was the commotion. As I got close, I realized what had happened. The child went down."

Her husband John, also there, said, "They ran after the child; they they...they jumped the fence and tried to get down."

The sight stunned the couple as well as the young victim's family.

"Oh..my gosh..it was horrible..my wife was with the mother..she was frantic..everyone was dazed and confused," said John Maas.

Falling two hundred feet to a trail below the skyline loop was the fatal move. It's an advanced trail, with a fence, and the boy appears to have slipped under.

Aura Maas spoke to the boy's mother, who claims she was holding her son's hand and he slipped out of her grip.

http://www.wspa.com/midatlantic/spa/new ... -0022.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm sure the parks in Mexico are much safer.

Seriously, citizen or not, America is the only place in the world stupid enough to pay people for things like this. Accidents happen! Sometimes, nobody is at fault.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

I'll bet the immigration status of these parents will never be checked and they will file a huge wrongful death lawsuit against the park owners for their child's death because they "DIDN'T SEE ANY SIGNS POSTED IN SPANISH" to tell them this place MIGHT be a dangerous one for a toddler
    Lord knows simple observation and common sense couldn't enter the picture. They don't have "no jumping from the top of the slide" at the local play ground either.....it's free too (for now)......but I sure wouldn't let my kid jump from it.....warning or not, free or not. If they got pushed off I would be ticked, but if they fell on their own it's no-ones fault....just an unfortunate accident and a risk you take when you wonder outside.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

People from all over the world use that park. How many languages should they post in?

It is a terrible loss. A little common sense would have prevented it.
    287(g) + e-verify + SSN no match = Attrition through enforcement

[quote][b]“We didn't see any signs in Spanish,â€

This is a terrible and tragic accident and our hearts and prayers go out to the family.

W

This tragic loss of a child is heartbreaking, my prayers go out to the family. How many times has any child just missed getting hurt of killed
    "but for the grace of God."

Anger and blame are just the very beginning of the grieving process,
    May the child be with the angels and the family heal.