Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Need your immediate opinions on the Melamine in US Halloween

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posted this yesterday about kids getting kidney stones at an early age where one cause could be melamine in the food:
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-136569.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The products listed in Ms. Worthington's article are not listed with the FDA as having been recalled in the US.

Other news articles do claim that the product list including Kit Kat, Snickers, Cadbury, etc... have been recalled in several Asian nations.

So what we need to know is this.

Are there any plants in the US that manufacture Cadbury, Kit Kat, Snickers, M&Ms or are they all coming in from outside the US?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Does anyone know exactly what we need to stay away from? Or is best to not eat any of it?

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    The products listed in Ms. Worthington's article are not listed with the FDA as having been recalled in the US.

Other news articles do claim that the product list including Kit Kat, Snickers, Cadbury, etc... have been recalled in several Asian nations.

So what we need to know is this.

Are there any plants in the US that manufacture Cadbury, Kit Kat, Snickers, M&Ms or are they all coming in from outside the US?

W
    I find it very difficult to find listings of worldwide plants for these large manufacturers. But I did find that Mars Candy does have some plants here in the US, a very large one in Elizabethtown, PA and another plant in TN. But again, it's impossible to know where the bags of candy on the store shelves originated from.

I will keep searching and post if I find anything more on this.

The reporters response

Several Asian news sources have listed these candies as tainted and recalled from the countries indicated. This should have been indicated in my article. Thank you for pointing out the oversight. A correction will be made.

Here are a few of these sites for your interest:
    shanghaiist.com/
    blogs.wsj.com

Thanks again
    Mary

Mary B. Worthington
    The Bulletin
    1500 Walnut Street
    Suite 300
    Philadelphia, PA 19102
    215-875-4892

Kraft said they do not use milk from China. They are a Dairy and don't need to import it.

Hard candy does not contain milk. Most chocolate is made with milk.

Corn Nuts, Teddy Grahams, Handi-Snacks...

Dixie

Ok folks, here is the draft of the email alert.
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-797543.html#797543

I need you to tell me if this says what should be said the right way. I don't want to offend anyone, but then again I would want to know about this discussion and information as a parent.

Let me know what you think. It directs our readers and supporters to come directly here to view our discussion and materials.

W

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Kraft said they do not use milk from China. They are a Dairy and don't need to import it.

Hard candy does not contain milk. Most chocolate is made with milk.

Corn Nuts, Teddy Grahams, Handi-Snacks...

Dixie
    Kraft......A dairy producing industry?

But I think I did see some recalls from Kraft.

We use to sell our milk to Kraft.
    ------------------------

mkfarnam. Once upon a time, weren't they branded as Kraft Dairy Farms? Now they are Kraft Industries with co-ops.

Let me know if you see a recall for them, I saw some for Mars Candies but not Kraft.

Dixie

------------------------

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast