Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Need your immediate opinions on the Melamine in US Halloween

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

"Cadbury recalls Chinese-made chocolate"

Associated Press - September 29, 2008 8:23 PM ET

HONG KONG (AP) - British candy maker Cadbury is recalling chocolate made in its Beijing factory after it was found to contain melamine, the industrial chemical that has sickened tens of thousands of Chinese children.

The company says the recalled items were sold in parts of Asia and the Pacific. A spokesman for Hershey's, which is Cadbury's sole U.S. distributor, says Cadbury's chocolates sold in America aren't affected.

Meanwhile, Kraft Foods and Mars are questioning the findings of Indonesian tests that identified melamine in samples of their products made in China. Both Kraft and Mars say they will comply with an Indonesian recall but plan to conduct their own tests.

read more...

http://www.kpsplocal2.com/Global/story.asp?S=9094769
    ------------------------

NEW YORK - AgFeed Industries Inc., a commercial hog producer and premix animal feed company in China, said Thursday that it has never used melamine.

The company said its products and raw materials have been declared melamine-free, after it requested testing conducted by the Chinese government.

The practice of adding melamine, a nitrogen-rich substance used in making plastics and fertilizers, to milk supplies is blamed for killing four babies in China and sickening tens of thousands.

The babies were sickened by powdered infant formula that authorities believe was made from tainted fresh milk. Melamine has also been found in other Chinese dairy products, including yogurt, candy and cream cookies.
    AgFeed is a U.S. company that has its primary operations in China, where there is a sizable market for pork. Its shares rose 3 cents to $4 in afternoon trading Thursday.
    http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2008/...ap5628158.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Why Oh Why?

Would someone please explain to me why in the hell we, the American people, continue to get angry over things like this instead of doing the
    one thing that would put a stop to it...STOP buying any product made
    in China (and Mexico, for that matter).
    Do without or make it yourself, but just stop buying from them.

My in-laws are visiting here from Belgium. They told me all this crap was taken off their shelves three months ago. Also, all the chinese stores in Belgium had to remove tons of stuff from their stock.

By the way, I don't buy anything from China or Mexico. What scares me though, are the components in these products that are not identified as being from China. Many times the goods will say made in the USA or made in Canada, when ingredients are from China.

I went and bought blow pops last night and had a very hard time finding any hard candy in target. ninety plus percent of the candy was chocolate or milk based.

The blow pops said they may contain some milk products, but also said MADE IN THE USA with a big American flag on the bag

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    I went and bought blow pops last night and had a very hard time finding any hard candy in target. ninety plus percent of the candy was chocolate or milk based.

The blow pops said they may contain some milk products, but also said MADE IN THE USA with a big American flag on the bag

W
    I Love Blowpops :P My kids want to go trick or treating and Trunk or Treating but I am really scared to death about all this . My kids may just get dissappointed tonight Sad Sad Sad
    Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.

My bags of Snickers and MilkyWays say:

Distributed by
    MasterFoods USA tm

BUT IT DOESNT SAY WHERE IT WAS MADE. Which leads me to believe it was either from China or Mexico. I am going to be safe and throw out the candy.

The FDA is keeping the facts away from Americans. Their loyalty lies with the Chinese who would have to spend billions of dollars for this large of a recall. And the FDA figures that what citizens dont know MIGHT not hurt them.

BUY AMERICAN!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

[quote="butterbean"]My bags of Snickers and MilkyWays say:

Distributed by
    MasterFoods USA tm

BUT IT DOESNT SAY WHERE IT WAS MADE. Which leads me to believe it was either from China or Mexico. I am going to be safe and throw out the candy.

Butterbean, you're right about that. I think that companies are trying to
    hide something when the product only says "distributed by". The companies that make things here will usually say "Made in USA" with a flag or something like that.
    It's obvious why they don't want us to know---because we will pass by
    the fish or meat that says China or Mexico. Personally, I don't want
    to eat anything that comes from a country I wouldn't drink the water
    in.

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    My bags of Snickers and MilkyWays say:

Distributed by
    MasterFoods USA tm

The FDA is keeping the facts away from Americans. Their loyalty lies with the Chinese who would have to spend billions of dollars for this large of a recall. And the FDA figures that what citizens dont know MIGHT not hurt them.

BUY AMERICAN!
    Are there any other names on the package? If so, Post them and I'll check and see what I can find.
    ------------------------

About Masterfoods USA
    Masterfoods USA, the United States food, snack and petcare operations
    of Mars, Incorporated, is one of the world's leading food manufacturers.
    With more than $5 billion in annual sales, the combined food, snack and
    petcare segments are a symbol of excellence for quality brands.
    Headquartered in Hackettstown, NJ, Masterfoods USA employs more than 7,000
    associates in the United States, with 15 manufacturing facilities
    nationwide. The company owns some of the world's favorite brands including
    M&M'S(R) Brand, SNICKERS(R) Brand, UNCLE BEN'S(R) Brand, PEDIGREE(R) Brand
    Food For Dogs, WHISKAS(R) Brand Food For Cats.
    Forward Looking Statements
    Safe Harbor under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995:
    The statements which are not historical facts contained in this press
    release are forward-looking statements that involve certain risks and
    uncertainties including but not limited to risks associated with the
    uncertainty of future financial results, regulatory approval processes, the
    impact of competitive products or pricing, technological changes, the
    effect of economic conditions and other uncertainties as may be detailed in
    the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

SOURCE Bravo! Foods International Corp.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Link to this page:

Related links:

http://www.bravobrands.com
    ------------------------

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast