Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NEW PORT OF ENTRY IN OTAY MESA?

So this is the email I received today...

- - - - - NEWS FROM BARBARA BOXER, UNITED STATES SENATOR FROM CALIFORNIA - - - - -
    Dear Friend:

I am pleased to let you know that Senator Dianne Feinstein and I have joined together in asking Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice to support a presidential permit for the proposed Otay Mesa East Port of Entry in San Diego. Our request comes in the wake of reports indicating that congestion at California’s ports of entry significantly impacts the regional and national economies. To learn more about presidential permits, please refer to Executive Order 11423.

The California Department of Transportation has applied for a presidential permit, required for the project to move forward. Regional planners, the state of California, and the U.S. and Mexican governments agree that a new Otay Mesa East border crossing is needed to alleviate congestion and to accommodate future trade and growth.

Border wait times continue to cause both delays and lost revenue for people on both sides of the border. You can count on me to continue to work for solutions that cut wait times while maintaining the highest level of security.

To view the text of our letter, please click here.

Sincerely,

Barbara Boxer
    United States Senator

It seems to me that there is already another entry port in Otay Mesa. I have crossed there by accident. I missed the turn into TJ. It is a small crossing, as I remember. It has been at least 15 years simce I crossed there and haven't been able to find it since. Maybe they need a permit to open it wider and make it more knowledgeable to peopel.

My question is where are they going to get the money for this? A new port of entry? We can't even secure the ones we have now and then we need a new one, this makes no sense...Just doing something else in Mexico's favor at the expense of US taxpayers...It's not safe for Americans to travel in to Mexico, so as I see it the congestion is the travel time from Mexico in to the US...Oh yes lets make it easier for those coming from Mexico to shuttle their kids in to our schools...My Mom told me when she lived in Mexico with my father and she crossed my brother some 25 years ago she paid to send him to school here in the US...She is mad that these people do it every day and don't have to pay a dime to do it...A "free" education is a magnet for these IA and for Mexicans from Mexico who can afford to send their kids to school in Mexico but would rather not pay and want us to pay for their kids education...With how much it costs to educate these kids perhaps California would not be in such a financial mess in the billions of dollars...

This quote says it all:
    ...You can count on me to continue to work for solutions that cut wait times...

Maybe part of their economoc problem is that Americans don't like to visit and shop places where they are robbed by crooked cops and there's something about the sound of automatic weapons going off that most folks don't like.
    Nothing like being woke up in the middle of the night to the sound of gun fire, being robbed and having your wife/girlfriend gang rapped to decide to go elsewhere to have fun.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDog
    Maybe part of their economoc problem is that Americans don't like to visit and shop places where they are robbed by crooked cops and there's something about the sound of automatic weapons going off that most folks don't like.
    Nothing like being woke up in the middle of the night to the sound of gun fire, being robbed and having your wife/girlfriend gang rapped to decide to go elsewhere to have fun.

I couldn't agree more...I haven't been to Mexico in over 6 years...I don't plan on visiting in the forseeable future either...The funny thing is about a year ago my brother who married a woman born in Mexico who became a legal resident etc who is all Pro Mexico/Mexican everything and her family who keep asking if I'm going to teach my kids spanish which I tell them if they want to they can it's their choice but I will not force them and it's really none of your business how about you concentrate on learning english which the Dad can barely speak...ANyways so they went to Mexico to vacation and they were pulled over and had to pay over 200 dollars to federales as a bribe, funny they are all pro mexico and yet they get robbed from those who are supposed to enforce the law...I feel sorry for them...Not much to be proud of...They feel safer here in a foreign country than in their home country yet still are all green, white, and red proud...It's insane...