Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Obama AmeriCorps 'Volunteers' Actually Paid Employees

Obama AmeriCorps ‘Volunteers’ Actually Paid Employees
    Thursday, April 9, 2009 4:08 PM
    By: Ronald Kessler

Under the guise of promoting volunteerism, President Obama and congressional Democrats have created a massive government program that will push their agenda.

The legislation that Obama is about to sign will triple the size of the existing AmeriCorps program over the next eight years to 175,000 people. The idea is to enlist so-called volunteers to focus on education, health care, clean energy, and veterans.

The expansion will cost nearly $6 billion over the next five years. But contrary to Obama’s claim that the program will promote volunteerism, it is in fact another massive government employment program. The volunteers, who are between the ages of 18 and 26, will receive $11,800 a year to cover their living expenses and another $5,350 toward college costs or student loans, for a total of $17,500.

That is $3,526 more than if those who sign up for the volunteer program were hired by private companies or local governments to provide the same services and were paid the minimum wage. Meanwhile, the federal civilian workforce is being increased by more than 13 percent.

“We’re talking about a government program that will hire a quarter of a million, supposedly as volunteers that we pay,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Cute......when are they going to get that new dictionary out? Words mean something....LOL....just unfortunatly not what they really mean....there's too many new definations I can't keep up.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[quote]In the past, AmeriCorps volunteers have been put to work to promote the causes of Democrats, such as lobbying against the “three-strikesâ€
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Hired protestors?
    We can't deport them all ? Just think of the fun we could have trying!

crazybird, these are the same people who are canceling ICE raids in the name of "family unification."

I have a word, too: Quislings.

ELE

Our taxes paying B. Shirts to violate our Constitution.

Ah, Obama's American Brown Shirts coming to our country soon!

MW
    The expansion will cost nearly $6 billion over the next five years. But contrary to Obama’s claim that the program will promote volunteerism, it is in fact another massive government employment program. The volunteers, who are between the ages of 18 and 26, will receive $11,800 a year to cover their living expenses and another $5,350 toward college costs or student loans, for a total of $17,500.
    These folks probably get free dental and medical too and I seriously doubt it's figured into their living expenses.

18-26 is the prime age of our military vounteers. This program will take away from our military. Furthermore, the initial pay is higher than that of a fresh recruit into the military. An E1 in the military receives around $13,500 in base pay and they're on call 24-7.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

ELE

Obama is disrespectful to our soldiers

Obama uses our soldiers as a Photo opportunity to make himself look good. We have seen that Obama could care less about our military men and women.

18-26 is the prime age of our military vounteers. This program will take away from our military.
    No problemo.....Obama is planning to re-stock our military with
    millions of 18-26 year-old former illegal immigrants!!!