Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Obama Makes it Official: I Can Kill Any American I Want, Wit

In the boldest admission yet that the Obama administration intends the extra-judicial execution of American citizens, Director of National Intelligence Dennis Blair confirmed on Wednesday that the U.S. intelligence community is authorized to assassinate Americans abroad who are considered direct terrorist threats to the United States.

Dennis Blair: U.S. Can Kill Suspected American Terrorists Abroad (Huffington Post):

"We take direct actions against terrorists in the intelligence community," Blair told lawmakers at a House Intelligence Committee hearing. "If we think that direct action will involve killing an American, we get specific permission to do that."...

Blair's latest disclosure follows last week's Washington Post report that recent military action in Yemen, which had been successful in killing many top al Qaeda officials, was approved by Obama. An American born in New Mexico, Anwar Al Awlaki is one of a handful of Americans that has been determined by the National Security Council and the Justice Department to be a U.S. intelligence target.

Some House members raised concerns about these latest developments. Rep. Peter Hoekstra (R-Mich.), who criticized the intelligence community this week for misconduct surrounding the 2001 attack on a plane piloted by American missionaries in Peru, questioned the policy.
    This places President Obama in clear and direct violation of his Oath of Office to "uphold, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States," the duty which overrides all other duties of the president. This marks the first time a US president has asserted the right to murder any American citizen upon an executive order. This is a power which, left unchallenged, will now pass down to every president elected in the future.

The assertion of power relies on the post-9/11 claim that "the entire world" is now the battlefield, including the United States, and that "targets" may be killed at any time; as they sleep, dine, or travel, and not just during the heat of an actual battle. This runs contrary not only to the plain language of the Bill of Rights, but to reaffirmations since, such as by President Ronald Reagan in a 1981 Executive Order which stated "No person employed by or acting on behalf of the United States Government shall engage in, or conspire to engage in, assassination," and Abraham Lincoln, General Order 100 during the Civil War: "The law of war does not allow proclaiming either an individual belonging to the hostile army, or a citizen, or a subject of the hostile government, an outlaw, who may be slain without trial by any captor."

The Founders recognized that enemies of the Constitution could be both "foreign and domestic." Obama has taken a step which his predecessor did not, which is to openly declare, in bold and premeditated fashion, that the life of an American citizen can be extinguished on his say-so, and his say-so alone. President Obama has now unmasked himself to be the foremost domestic enemy of the Constitution and of the birthrights of Americans, one of which is the Sixth Amendment:

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district where in the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence."
    The only proper remedy for such a naked grab at the rights of citizens is impeachment.

VIDEO: Dr. Ron Paul on Obama's Extrajudicial Execution

Glenn Greenwald: "Presidential assassinations of U.S. citizens"

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Obama is already a war criminal.. he has nothing to loose
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Obama Makes it Official: I Can Kill Any American I Want,

Can you put the rest of the title? I'm curious as to what it is.

"Obama Makes it Official: I Can Kill Any American I Want, With ???????"

Thanks
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Re: Obama Makes it Official: I Can Kill Any American I Want,

Quote Originally Posted by WorriedAmerican
    Can you put the rest of the title? I'm curious as to what it is.

"Obama Makes it Official: I Can Kill Any American I Want, With ???????"

Thanks
    the end dropped off. It said "Sixth Amendment Dead"

that is, if we allow it to be. I'm going to target practice. If they come it's "Don't tread on me." The genius of the Second Amendment. An armed people is a free people.