Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Obama speech quoted jihad verse from Quran urging war agains

OBAMA WATCH CENTRAL
    Obama speech quoted jihad verse from Quran
    Address to Muslims used Islamic text urging war against nonbelievers

Posted: June 07, 2009
    11:22 pm Eastern
    By Aaron Klein
    © 2009 WorldNetDaily

JERUSALEM – In his major address to the Muslim world last week, President Obama quoted a verse from the Quran that is interpreted as urging Muslims to follow Muhammad in waging jihad against nonbelievers.

The context of the verse – first noticed by Robert Spencer of the Jihad Watch website – was confirmed by Quranic experts contacted by WND.

"I have pointed to this section of the Quran as showing the importance of jihad and to follow the prophet (Muhammad) in jihad even though a war may be difficult," Abu Abaida Al-Ahmed, the imam of a central mosque in Gaza City, told WND.

Obama quoted the verse in question during a section of his speech where he was stressing a "new beginning" between the U.S. and the Muslim world, and the need for a "sustained effort to listen to each other."

Obama continued: "As the Holy Quran tells us, 'Be conscious of God and speak always the truth.' That is what I will try to do – to speak the truth as best I can, humbled by the task before us, and firm in my belief that the interests we share as human beings are far more powerful than the forces that drive us apart."

Obama was reading
    from chapter 9 verse 119 of the Quran, which deals with the theme of not abandoning Muhammad.

The next Quranic passage continues: "Neither the dwellers of the city, nor the Arabs around them, shall seek to stay behind the messenger of Allah (when he mobilizes for war). Nor shall they give priority to their own affairs over supporting him. This is because they do not suffer any thirst, or any effort, or hunger in the cause of Allah, or take a single step that enrages the disbelievers, or inflict any hardship upon the enemy, without having it written down for them as a credit. Allah never fails to recompense those who work righteousness."

The two passages are part of a Quranic section scolding local Muslims in Medina for refusing to accompany Muhammad on a war expedition to Tabouk in northern Arabia, where he was seeking to fight a Byzantine garrison.

Abu Saqer, the head of Jahidiya Salifiyah, an Islamic outreach movement in Gaza, explained there are two main interpretations of the verse cited by Obama:

"First that you should follow the truth of Allah, but in specific to follow those who are in jihad with the prophet in spite of the great heat of going to war," he said.

Al Ahmed, the Gaza imam, stated, "The verses come from the period of the Al-Tabouk war, the year when the prophet left Mecca for Madina."

The main official Quranic exegesis, or tafsir, concerning verse 119 deals with the importance of speaking the truth. A secondary tafsir, however, uses the verse quoted by Obama to argue for jihad.

That tafsir reads: "(Be careful of your duty to Allah) obey Allah in that which he has commanded you, (and be with the Truthful) with Abu Bakr, 'Umar and their companions when they stay behind and when they participate in jihad."

During his speech in Cairo last week, Obama referred to the Quran as "holy" four times and quoted several verses from the Islamic text. He also used Muslim terminology, such as the Quranic obligation of "zakat" or charity.

The speech, in which Obama referenced his Islamic experiences as a child in Indonesia and the Muslim faith of his paternal family, was a major departure from the tone of his campaign last year, when Obama and his team emphasized the then-candidate's stated Christian faith.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php? ... eId=100504

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think this stuff is a bit extreme. Obama is a politician. I seriously doubt he has any motives other than political motives. His wife and her brother were raised as Christians. In fact her brother who is a basketball coach went to private Catholic Schools in Chicago. My point being, there just doesn't seem to be anything to me at least, that suggests he is encouraging behavior in the Koran.

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    ok... then how about conservatives being branded as terrorists by the department of homeland security..... would you say this was a fluke by the same administration
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by AirborneSapper7
    ok... then how about conservatives being branded as terrorists by the department of homeland security..... would you say this was a fluke by the same administration
    Also, White House staff asked Georgetown University (a Catholic institution) to cover up all religious symbols and signs, hid a religious inscription representing the name of Jesus while Obama was on stage speaking.

He's a dyed- in- the wool Muslim, always has been always will be!

[quote="nomas"]He's a dyed- in- the wool Muslim, always has been always will be![/quote]

We can bet berkas to BS on that one Nomas......you're absolutely right.

That fact became evident when islamic nations and factions were cartwheeling in the streets over his candidacy and subsequent "victory".

I think Obama can be summed up this way:

anti-military
    anti-israeli
    anti-christian
    anti-american
    anti-business
    anti-capitalism

pro-muslim
    pro-choice
    pro-civil unions

I just can't buy his excuses about his relationships with Reverend Wright and Ayers.

isn't his name alone and no bith certificate enough evidence? we are really dumb americans

Wow, that's about as bad as:

Deuteronomy 17
    17:2 If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant; 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel; 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

or

If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12)

or

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. (Deuteronomy 13:13-19)

So killing non-believers is a religious tradition. Wars fought, millions dead, all in the name of "my God is better than yours"
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&