Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Obama wants you to snitch on healthcare opposition?

I saw this several places in chat rooms. So I went to the whitehouse.gov site...AND IT IS TRUE!! Obama wants people to send him emails if they see opposition info? Actually he says misinformation, but of course that is a matter of opinion. Here is the link.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/Facts-Ar ... rn-Things/

THE BLOG
    Return to Blog Homepage SUBSCRIBE

TUESDAY, AUGUST 4TH, 2009 AT 6:55 AM
    Facts Are Stubborn Things
    Posted by Macon Phillips
    Opponents of health insurance reform may find the truth a little inconvenient, but as our second president famously said, "facts are stubborn things."

Scary chain emails and videos are starting to percolate on the internet, breathlessly claiming, for example, to "uncover" the truth about the President’s health insurance reform positions.

In this video, Linda Douglass, the communications director for the White House’s Health Reform Office, addresses one example that makes it look like the President intends to "eliminate" private coverage, when the reality couldn’t be further from the truth.

Viewing this video requires Adobe Flash Player 8 or higher. Download the free player.

For the record, the President has consistently said that if you like your insurance plan, your doctor, or both, you will be able to keep them. He has even proposed eight consumer protections relating specifically to the health insurance industry.

There is a lot of disinformation about health insurance reform out there, spanning from control of personal finances to end of life care. These rumors often travel just below the surface via chain emails or through casual conversation. Since we can’t keep track of all of them here at the White House, we’re asking for your help. If you get an email or see something on the web about health insurance reform that seems fishy, send it to flag@whitehouse.gov.

Here are the complete videos that Linda refers to. First from the AARP:

Viewing this video requires Adobe Flash Player 8 or higher. Download the free player.

And then from the President's news conference:

Share/Bookmark
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I have no clue why these rumors are floating all over, inciting people. Their own elected congressional sens and reps have not read the bill, because there is no completed bill yet. And how many midnight amendments will be added on?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I would comment but somebody might turn me in.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by cayla99
    LOL!!! But....thats the first thing I thought. What is misinformation, is a matter of opinion. But spreading misinformation could apply to those in favor of reform, as well as those opposed. Are we all suppose to be afraid to talk about healthcare?

These elitist arrogant politicians think we don't have enough sense to figure out why they're trying to rush a bill through. I mean DUH! Slick Barry and his Chiago style politics isn't going to work in the real world. They cannot hide their true agenda any longer. Big government and big controls to put dems in office forever.

ELE

The gov't is planning on doing what to people against it?

Gerald Celente predicted some time ago that during the Obama administration we would have "tax riots" and a "snitch government". So it begins.

I sent in an e-mail and turned in my congresman. The link below is a great article about the citizen spy program.

http://www.redstate.com/jeff_emanuel/20 ... -about-it/
    Check your credit report regularly, an illegal may be using your Social Security number.

Quote Originally Posted by jecg_97030
    I sent in an e-mail and turned in my congresman. The link below is a great article about the citizen spy program.

http://www.redstate.com/jeff_emanuel/20 ... -about-it/
    That's what I thought too. If I'm going to turn anything in that sounds fishy or unAmerican it's going to be about this healthcare plan and what our politicians are doing and saying about it.

Wow, this is a bit startling. McCarthiesm... (sp?)

Oh God, I just realized they're probably monitoring us now! Hi Barack!
    Check your credit report regularly, an illegal may be using your Social Security number.

Quote Originally Posted by cayla99

Why is it that I've got the sneaking suspicion that every last one of us not in (goose)step with the "the grand agenda" has already been turned in Cayla?

You know how it is.....people will do anything if they think it will save their cabooses

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast