Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Obama's Trojan Horse: Bailout Signals New Welfare State

Obama's Trojan Horse: Bailout Signals New Welfare State

Sunday, January 18, 2009 5:50 PM

By: Newsmax Staff

President-elect Barack Obama’s proposed $775 billion stimulus package, being sold as a cure-all for the ailing economy, is little more than a checklist for funding the pricey social-services agenda that he promised during his campaign.

Some experts say that the Trojan horse of pork and welfare spending will ultimately worsen the recession and drive the nation deeper into debt, according to financial experts.

Most of Obama’s costliest promises have found their way into the so-called American Recovery and Reinvestment Plan, which now includes everything from an expansion of Pell grants for college students, to health care for the unemployed, to an expansion of unemployment benefits, to investment in renewable energy.

“This legislation appears to blanket government programs in spending with little thought toward real economic results, job creation or respect for the taxpayer," said Rep. Jerry Lewis, R-Calif., ranking Republican on the House Appropriations Committee. "I'm scratching my head trying to determine how items like $50 million in funding for the National Endowment for the Arts will create jobs or provide relief for families across the country."

Lewis and other Republicans question the inclusion of items like $850 million for wildfire prevention and $600 million for new cars for the federal government.

Lewis lists others: $200 million to “encourage electric vehicle technologiesâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Just think of how much money would be saved if we didn't have 20 million job stealers in this country.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It they would listen to WE THE PEOPLE and stop thinking that they know best for us.Yes, We must work together to fix this mess, but somehow together has a different meaning for him than us. Working together to me meas listening to the people he represents. Working together for him means do what I way when I say it . So in reality there is no working toether. He is pan with his flute leading us to desparaty, division etc. HE is not the person to bring us together.

<div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

<div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>