Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Pastor's aim: Toss US sovereignty

http://link.toolbot.com/napavalleyregister.com/26439

Pastor’s aim: Toss U.S. sovereignty
    By JOHN RODGERS
    Thursday, December 7, 2006 6:42 AM PST
    I found the comments by Robert Pastor in the Dec. 1 guest commentary, “Making a competitive continent,” to be most interesting.

He sells his ideas with positive-sounding phrases like “opportunity to reinvigorate a deteriorating relationship” and “markets for U.S. goods.”

Dr. Pastor hints at some of his ideas for achieving these and other goals, but apparently he thinks we’re not ready to hear about his ultimate goal, a North American Union. As in … no more independent United States of America. I think a little background on Mr. Pastor is in order.

One of the principal authors of the Security and Prosperity Partnership merger of the NAFTA governments (Mexico, Canada and the United States) is Dr. Robert Pastor, a vice chairman of the Council on Foreign Relation’s Task Force on the Future of North America and author of “Toward a North American Community.” Pastor’s writings and speeches provided the blueprint for the Bush-Fox-Martin Security and Prosperity Partnership merger plan. He firmly grasps the concept that a slow gradual surrender of sovereignty can succeed where a frontal assault will fail.

In Nov. 2002, Professor Pastor addressed a meeting of David Rockefeller’s Trilateral Commission in Toronto, Canada. Among the many things Pastor proposed was “establishing a single ‘North American Customs and Immigration Service’” composed of “officials from the three governments, trained together.” He also called on the NAFTA governments to create a North American Commission of “distinguished individuals” (such as Robert Pastor), whose job would be to teach our leaders to think “continentally.” One of the new commission’s duties would be to “develop an integrated continental plan for transportation and infrastructure.” This should include, he said, “new highway corridors on the Pacific Coast and into Mexico,” as well as “a plan that would permit mergers of the railroads and development of high-speed rail corridors.”

Pastor advocates the creation of a North American Investment Fund, whose priority would be to connect the U.S.-Mexico border region to central and southern Mexico. He cited a World Bank study that had concluded that “Mexico needs $20 billion a year for 10 years, just for infrastructure.” That’s $200 billion just for starters. In 2004, Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas, a leading proponent of open borders and amnesty for illegal aliens, introduced S. 2941, the North American Investment Fund Act. The legislation’s official title says it is “a bill to authorize the president to negotiate the creation of a North American Investment Fund to promote economic and infrastructure integration among Canada, Mexico and the United States.” Section four states, “The fund shall make grants for projects … to construct roads in Mexico to facilitate trade between Mexico and Canada, and Mexico and the United States.” Thus, U.S. taxpayers would get to pay for reduced transportation costs for foreign producers. I’m not making this up. Cornyn’s bill was introduced on June 29 of this year as S. 2622.

Pastor and other NAFTA/SPP proponents have repeatedly cited the European Union as the model for us to follow. The EU countries have given up control over their borders for a common perimeter and we are expected to copy their example. “Are North Americans prepared to give up their sovereignty?” Pastor asked rhetorically in his Trilateral speech. “The term ‘sovereignty’ is one of the most widely used, abused and least understood in the diplomatic lexicon ... Sovereignty, in brief, is not the issue.” National leaders must discard “aging conceptions of sovereignty,” he declares, in favor of continental “integration” and “convergence.”

Of course, even a North American Union is just another intermediate step. The goal of this mindset is world government — “a New World Order,” as President George H. W. Bush boldly stated. I’ve submitted this letter in the hopes that the readers of this newspaper will understand the ultimate purpose of essays such as the one by Robert Pastor.

(Rodgers lives in Napa.)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I have nothing against catholics but I think the main stream catholics had better do a little research!

Evil has infiltrated every aspect of our society including our churches. Folks this is a war against good and evil. We just need to determine who the evil ones are. I cannot imagine God wanting us to just lay down and take it!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

I agree ohflyingone. I am Catholic and do not agree with the church's stand on illegal immigration. I can disagree with my church. I believe most American Catholics don't want it either. They did'nt march with the illegal foreigners and they don't come to their defense in mass numbers. Evil has infiltrated our churches in every denomination.

I do not support Catholic charities anymore and know many people who don't anymore either. I know that the majority of this money probably goes to illegals. I donate to my local food bank now and other charities. I believe in my church's sacraments, but I think the heirachy has been corrupted. It's just like I believe in the goodness and sovereignty of our nation, but it has been infiltrated and corrupted by the people in power.

I pray everyday to rid the churches and our Government of corruption.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Thus, U.S. taxpayers would get to pay for reduced transportation costs for foreign producers. I’m not making this up. Cornyn’s bill was introduced on June 29 of this year as S. 2622.
    It would appear as if Sen. Cornyn, under the guidance of corporate America, is bound and determined to sell out the United States. Couple this bill with his Skills Act bill and his motives become crystal clear!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by CCUSA
    I agree ohflyingone. I am Catholic and do not agree with the church's stand on illegal immigration. I can disagree with my church. I believe most American Catholics don't want it either. They did'nt march with the illegal foreigners and they don't come to their defense in mass numbers. Evil has infiltrated our churches in every denomination.

I do not support Catholic charities anymore and know many people who don't anymore either. I know that the majority of this money probably goes to illegals. I donate to my local food bank now and other charities. I believe in my church's sacraments, but I think the heirachy has been corrupted. It's just like I believe in the goodness and sovereignty of our nation, but it has been infiltrated and corrupted by the people in power.

CCUSA, I heard on the news tonight on Bill O'reilly's show that Catholic charities are the ones who went the bail for that killer they have out in Arizona, who has been charged with 71 counts including murder, rape you name it and he did it. He was in prison for murdering 3 people and rape of a 3 yr old little boy, some how his conviction was overturned on a illegal police search. he had allready committed violated his parole but the Catholic charities went his bail becaue they "wanted to help him" I just couldn't wrap my mind around this why would they do this? why did they not choose to help the families of the murdered women he first killed and this little boy who he so brutally raped?
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nittygritty
    Quote Originally Posted by CCUSA

CCUSA, I heard on the news tonight on Bill O'reilly's show that Catholic charities are the ones who went the bail for that killer they have out in Arizona, who has been charged with 71 counts including murder, rape you name it and he did it. He was in prison for murdering 3 people and rape of a 3 yr old little boy, some how his conviction was overturned on a illegal police search. he had allready committed violated his parole but the Catholic charities went his bail becaue they "wanted to help him" I just couldn't wrap my mind around this why would they do this? why did they not choose to help the families of the murdered women he first killed and this little boy who he so brutally raped?
    Maybe they confused him with one of their priests...

NiityGritty,

I think it's horrible that Catholic charities would come to the defense of that creep. I don't donate any longer to that charity and neither do any of my family members. I will write and call and demand answers to this horrible use of funds. I would also urge every Catholic on this board to do the same. This is not what charitable funds are for in the first place!

Corrupt priests, Ministers and rabbis are turning up in every place of worship in America and around the world and not just the Catholic church. Everyone is responsible for his or her behavior. Perverts seem to be using positions of trust in order to get access to their victims. The world is getting worse and worse.

Did I miss something? How did this turn religious? "Pastor" is his last name, not his title. I have to agree though, if the "Catholics" don't care about protecting little children from being molested, they aren't going to care about protecting anything else.

Ship Robert Pastor to Mexico and he can live out the remainder of his years there and try to push proesperity with their Goverment, but leave my country out of it.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)