Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Paul Not Co-sponsor of SAVE ACT

I wonder what the reason is that Ron Paul has not signed on as a sponsor of the SAVE ACT?

There is one sponsor and 145 co-sponsors.

This is one of the most important pieces of legislation in our lifetime......to SAVE AMERICA.

I've no idea why Congressman Paul hasn't co-sponsored the SAVE Act, BUT I do know that there are some anti illegal immigration activists who have questions whether the SAVE Act has some sort of 'trigger' (for lack of a better word) that will allow or leave the door open to some sort of amnesty in the future. I'm no lawyer and don't claim to know, but I haven't read anything that sounds like the possibility of future amnesty in the SAVE Act.

I don't think so Florgal. Glenn Beck asked Heath Schuler point blank last night if there was a path to citizenship at all in this and he NO. Tancredo, Hunter and all those strong against amnesty have co-sponsored and have signed the petition to bring it to the floor. YET PAUL HASN'T DONE IT. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by florgal
    I've no idea why Congressman Paul hasn't co-sponsored the SAVE Act, BUT I do know that there are some anti illegal immigration activists who have questions whether the SAVE Act has some sort of 'trigger' (for lack of a better word) that will allow or leave the door open to some sort of amnesty in the future. I'm no lawyer and don't claim to know, but I haven't read anything that sounds like the possibility of future amnesty in the SAVE Act.
    I'm writing him to find out. I didn't know this.
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

I just added a thread for the SAVE ACT Discharge Petition in which I wrote (AT THE TOP) in red, info you need to know. Please check it out.

The DEMOCRATS WANT THE SAVE ACT CHANGED TO INCLUDE A PATH TO CITIZENSHIP FOR ILLEGALS CURRENTLY IN THE U.S. WE MUST NOT ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN.

Quote Originally Posted by Gogo
    I don't think so Florgal. Glenn Beck asked Heath Schuler point blank last night if there was a path to citizenship at all in this and he NO. Tancredo, Hunter and all those strong against amnesty have co-sponsored and have signed the petition to bring it to the floor. YET PAUL HASN'T DONE IT. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    THANK YOU, GOGO!
    I missed Glenn last night, but I'm glad to hear that he flat out said NO path to citizenship possibility with his bill. That's what my perception has been all along but some folks still don't see it that way. Could be because Schuler is a Democrat, I don't know. (There ARE some dems. on our side!) I will check to see if there's a transcript for last night's show with this conversation so I can send it to the few people I know who don't trust the SAVE Act's intentions. Hopefully they will change their minds and work FOR getting Schuler's bill passed!

I would be interested to know more about this too. I'm going to email him.

Glenn Beck show interview with Heath Schuler on SAVE Act:

COMMERCIAL BREAK)

BECK: Breaking news. A tough new immigration bill is being proposed in Congress. Yeah, yeah. I know, how many times have you heard that before?

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me 4,244 times, and shame on me. I`m just dumb as a box of rocks.

I want to tell you about this new bill. It`s called the SAVE Act.

I don`t want you to get excited. You know, some of it`s commonsense provisions like tougher workplace enforcement, or adding 8,000 more agents to the border. You know, I don`t want you to think it will actually get passed. I`m just telling you about the bill because it was proposed by a Democrat.

Of course, the Democratic leadership doesn`t want that bill to ever see the light of day because it`s an election year, after all. But Republicans are hoping to actually unite with the Democrat on immigration reform.

What a concept. Get something done that we all want done? Whoa.

They`re using a rare procedural motion to move it forward. I just -- I do have a news flash for Washington. The American people don`t care about the election year. They don`t care about the procedural motion or anything else. We want our borders secured, and we`d like it done, oh, I don`t know, about four years ago.

If a Democrat can deliver it, great. I`m the first one to shake their hand. A Republican, great. Independent, Ron Paul, I don`t care. Get it done.

Former NFL player and North Carolina Congressman Heath Shuler, this is the guy who introduced SAVE Act last year.

And first of all, tell me about the bill, because I`m always afraid of these bills. You know, somewhere in the middle of the bill is, like, oh, yeah, by the way, the Constitution no longer exists.

REP. HEATH SHULER (D), NORTH CAROLINA: Well, Glenn, I don`t think we`ll have to worry about this. It`s truly a bipartisan bill.

When we dropped the SAVE Act, we had 25 Democrats and 25 Republicans on the bill. We went and did a press conference. People said that they had been watching tough issues, especially the immigration issue. And they never thought they`d have a bill that would actually have so much bipartisan support.

BECK: Any path to citizenship in this?

SHULER: No path to citizenship.

BECK: None?

SHULER: None whatsoever.

BECK: Nobody -- what do we do with the citizens -- or the non- citizens that are here that are here illegally?

SHULER: Well, it will be self-deportation. It`s -- with an employer verification piece, using eVerify, a program that will be phased in over three years that, you know, when people can`t find employment and they`re fined from the employer`s side, if they actually have someone employed that has -- that is here illegally, then it`s fined by the employer.

But it will also -- the people who do have legal status, that they`ll be able to take the burden off the employer to decide whether or not the information that the employee is handing to them is correct by using the Social Security Administration and the Department of Homeland Security.

BECK: There`s got to be something to this, because this is starting to make too much sense that it`s coming from Washington.

Now, McCain is the guy who says, oh, I know now, I`ve got it. I`ve got it from -- no, I heard this time. This one has no path to citizenship. This is exactly the kind of bill that he should support.

Have you heard, is he for this bill?

SHULER: Well, we`ve actually reached out to all the presidential candidates and asked them to endorse this bill.

BECK: Any of them?

SHULER: No. So far we -- not a surprise, but no one has actually endorsed this bill from the presidential side.

BECK: Right. OK.

And you`re going up against Nancy Pelosi. She doesn`t want this introduced now. What`s it like going after Nancy Pelosi being a Democrat? Are you getting a lot of heat for it?

SHULER: Well, I think you have to look at it. Why were you -- you know, why was I elected to the U.S. House to go represent my district and represent the American people? And, you know, this is -- far too much is both leaderships, both Democrats and Republicans, use this as a political tool. And it`s time to get some common sense about it and start doing what`s right for the American people and doing what`s right for America in general.

And we`re playing too much partisan politics. And so I want to make sure -- I`m going to do whatever it takes.

BECK: Heath -- Congressman, I have to tell you -- I`ve got to cut you off here, but I`ve got to tell you, I`m a conservative, but you know what? I`m looking for politicians like you. I don`t know much about you, sir, but I`m going to look into you.

That`s exactly -- you`re exactly the kind of politician I think Americans are looking for, someone who says, screw the parties, man. Let`s do the right thing for the country.

SHULER: Absolutely.

BECK: Thank you.

SHULER: Thank you.

BECK: And we hope to talk to you again.

SHULER: Yes, sir. Thank you.

BECK: We`ll be back in just a minute.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/ ... gb.01.html

Thank you for posting that Florgal. I missed Beck last night.

This is good:

BECK: Any path to citizenship in this?

SHULER: No path to citizenship.

BECK: None?

SHULER: None whatsoever.

BECK: Nobody -- what do we do with the citizens -- or the non- citizens that are here that are here illegally?

SHULER: Well, it will be self-deportation. It`s -- with an employer verification piece, using eVerify, a program that will be phased in over three years that, you know, when people can`t find employment and they`re fined from the employer`s side, if they actually have someone employed that has -- that is here illegally, then it`s fined by the employer.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast