Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hey jazz, your lucky, I don't even get the silly form letters anymore. I wish I did, I would go out and buy a parrot, and then I would have something to line the bottom of the cage with.

MW
    Emanon wrote:

C'mon dude. I mean, these McCain supporters are really tiresome.
    Please name one ALIPAC member that supports John McCain!

You don't fix the immigration issue with "bandaids". We already have laws that stipulate NO HIRING OF ILLEGALS!!!
    The SAVE Act is much more than a bandage. Actually the SAVE Act makes it much easier to hold employers accountable for hiring illegal aliens. Current law only requires that employers check a document to prove legal status. As we know, the list of documents they have to choose from are all easily forged. Heck, some employers know the documents are forged, however, they are not held accountable for hiring the illegal if they claim a good faith effort was made in checking status through verification of a document from the required list.

The SAVE Act removes the burden of document verification from the employer and switches it to the Federal Government. The SAVE Act will remove a loophole that employers have been hiding behind. They will no longer be able to say "the document looked authentic to me," nor will a fake SSN work anymore.

From what I understand, many honest employers are already using the database to check employee legal status. However, it's the corporations and businesses that are actually hiring the illegals that are shouting out against the program (them and the NCLR, ACLU, MALDEF, etc.).

find out WHAT provisions in the SAVE ACT exist that perhaps infringe on personal liberties
    What personal liberties are being infringed upon? Would that be the right for employers to hire illegal labor or would it be the labor rights of illegal aliens? Perhaps it's the hiring of more border patrol that is bothering you. Are we infringing upon the illegals rights to cross the border illegally by placing more guards at the border? I really don't understand where you're coming from with that comment.

This will be another border fence debacle. They will fund the fence with BILLIONS of dollars, just to have it stripped after its signed. If not that, then there will be a "time frame" for the disolvement of the legislation. - you know, what is happening now or has happened.
    I need to get me one of those crystal balls.

Are you honestly suggesting that we shouldn't endeavor to make things better for fear of having the rug pulled out from underneath us later? Well, I'm certainly thankful most of us don't utilize that process of thinking. If we did, we would never get anything done!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Why more....

Why should tax payer have the burden of more border patrol agents who aren't allowed by the government to do their jobs? The thing we have to figure out is WHY the government refuses to enforce the existing laws. I think we know why. North American Union. It is coming down the pike at warp speed. The best thing we can do at this point is to get out and educate people about this NAU and find a way to pressure the government to inforce the existing laws. More ignored federal legislation is not the way. How could we get some of this stuff before the supreme court? What does the constitution say about immigration? The Executive branch , I believe , has the responsibility for enforcing it. Why couldn't we come up with a resolution, or a lawsuit against congress for failing to uphold the constitution on immigration? We could get it to the supreme court and get them to rule on it. We have the 2nd amendment before the supreme court now. It's time to hold these polecats feet to the fire for shirking their responsibility to UPHOLD the constitution. I am going to see what the Constitution says about immigration. I'll report back soon!!! I feel a lawsuit coming on!

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526