Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Petition to the UN: Scrap the Global Gun Ban Treaty NOW!

http://www.thevanguard.org/r/p/060518_un_guns.shtml

Petition to the UN: Scrap the Global Gun Ban Treaty Now

I Will Send the UN an Ear-Splitting Message, Joining Millions Across America in Demanding They Scuttle Their Attempted Global Gun Ban Treaty

This 4th of July, while you and your family celebrate the 230th Anniversary of the founding of our great nation, UN Secretary General Kofi Annan will host nearly fifty dictatorships, six terrorist states, governments that endorse execution based on religious faith, and a multitude of other nations from around the globe in New York City, for the purpose of taking your freedoms away.

Their plan? To finalize a U.N. treaty that would strip all citizens of all nations of their right to self-protection, and strip you of your rights under the Second Amendment.

You are paying the bills for this cabal and their anti-Independence Day party. So it's only right that they hear from America’s 80 million gun owners and YOU.

Sign our petition, making clear to them how you feel. If millions of Americans speak with one thundering voice of outrage, we’ll stop the global gun ban treaty before it destroys our freedoms. Let's act today.

To Secretary General Kofi Annan:

The 4th of July is America’s most revered national holiday. Yet, you have nevertheless chosen that day to meet at the UN, on American soil, in your drive to ban civilian firearm ownership worldwide. In doing so, you have placed the UN squarely on the side of freedom’s enemies.

Americans like me have over 230 years of experience in defeating the anti-freedom aims of petty tyrants and powerful dictators alike. And the American people will never let you take away the rights that our 4th of July holiday represents. Our freedoms are not to blame for the world’s problems, and this is a battle you can never win.

AND: To U.S. Ambassador to the UN John Bolton:

I am outraged by the UN’s plan to hold their worldwide gun-ban conference on American soil on the 4th of July, our most revered national holiday.

I urge you to use every means at your disposal to ensure the defeat of this treaty, and make sure that not one single dollar of American tax money is used by the UN to advance this global gun-control scheme. I’m sick and tired of watching the UN attack our freedoms while ignoring slavery, genocide and mass murder in other countries. Please fight back against this threat and tell the UN that our freedoms are not to blame for the world’s problems. Thank you very much.

The link to this article provides links to print letters and as well as the petition.
    Additional letters already prepared at NRA http://www.stopungunban.org/pages/fireashot

And if anyone thinks this is not relevant to controlling those borders ask those citizens on the front lines!
    "Liberty CANNOT be preserved without general knowledge among people" John Adams (August 1765)

This 4th of July, while you and your family celebrate the 230th Anniversary of the founding of our great nation, UN Secretary General Kofi Annan will host nearly fifty dictatorships, six terrorist states, governments that endorse execution based on religious faith, and a multitude of other nations from around the globe in New York City, for the purpose of taking your freedoms away.
    Xanadu, the NRA is truly shameless. Every year since 2001, they start this same meaningless drivel petition drive, which just happens to rile folks up around the Fourth of July. Even if the Global Gun Ban Treaty had anything to do with "stripping all citizens of all nations of their right to self-protection...", which it does not, the UN does not have the power to usurp the US Constitution. Never has, never will.

The treaty asks that participating governments agree stop the SALE of arms to hellholes like Haiti, the Congo, Darfur, etc., etc. It has no power of enforcement and is not applicable to gun-toting citizens of the USA, of which I happen to be one.

Bitsy-- proud CHL holder who like my Visa card, doesn't leave home without a Glock 23, Taurus 38 special, or a S&W snubby Airweight.