Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Police Charge Student For Threat Made At Arundel High School

Police Charge Student For Threat Made At Arundel High School

January 11, 2017 10:39 PM By Ava-joye Burnett
    Filed Under: Anne Arundel County police, Arundel High School, online threat

BALTIMORE (WJZ) — The Anne Arundel County Police Department has charged a 14-year-old girl with a juvenile citation for sending a threatening tweet related to Arundel High School.
    Police began their investigation after Arundel High School officials told them about a suspicious Twitter account.

The account, named @KoolkidsKlanKkk, reportedly sent out a tweet that read, “We’re planning to attack tomorrow”.

This account used similar language to a racial petition that had been passed around Anne Arundel High School by the “Kool Kids Klan”.

Police worked with Twitter, and were able to identify the person who created the account and sent out the threatening tweet.

That person has been identified as a 14-year-old African American female who attends Arundel High School.

Authorities interviewed the girl while she was with her parents, and police say she admitted to creating the Twitter account and sending the threatening tweet.
    She was charged with a juvenile citation for disruption of school activities and released to her parents.

“It makes me really upset. I can’t believe that students would write something like that,” said parent Michelle Fitzurka.

“I kind of felt unsafe at the school and a little hurt,” said Taylor Nash, a freshman at Arundel High.

The school district said all the students involved in that incident were disciplined, but the students were not identified, and to complicate an already tense situation, Wednesday night hundreds showed up for a meeting at the school, but some parents still had questions.

“That is not good enough. What’s going to happen with the students that are still here?”said parent Tamara Hannah.

“The federal law prohibits me from telling you exactly what the consequences were. But I will say to you that the school acted swiftly, they acted aggressively and they administered appropriated disciplinary action,” said Bob Mosier, chief communications officer of Anne Arundel Public Schools.

As parents left the school, there’s hope the community will begin to heal.

“I am very confident that Ms. Davenport and the staff at the school is going to do everything they can to keep all of our children safe,” said parent Sheri Paris.

“I just hope that we can all come together, not just here at the school, but as a society,” said parent Lisa Smith.

Anne Arundel County Public Schools Superintendent George Arlotto released the following statement:

“I want to thank Police Chief Tim Altomare, State’s Attorney Wes Adams, County Executive Steve Schuh, and their staffs for their thorough and expeditious work to identify a suspect in the online post that threatened violence at Arundel High School this week. The anonymity of the internet provides a murky and complex disguise for many who want to threaten the safety and security of our communities. Our partners in the Police Department and county government peeled back that disguise quickly in this case, in the process reassuring parents, students, and staff that our schools are safe places in which to educate our children.”
    http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2017/01/11/police-cite-student-for-threat-made-at-arundel-high-school/
    Last edited by Newmexican; 01-12-2017 at 12:10 PM.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Original story.

Anne Arundel Schools React After Racist Threats On Social Media

January 10, 2017 6:36 PM By Amy Yensi
    Filed Under: Anne Arundel County police, Anne Arundel County Public Schools, Racial Discrimination, racist tweets

BALTIMORE (WJZ) — Two schools in Anne Arundel County are on high alert after a series of racial threats. Annapolis High School and Arundel High school both under stepped-up security as police investigate.

Extra patrol cars outside of Annapolis High School, as police ensuring students are safe during arrival and dismissal. The increased security after school officials say several tweets from a twitter account called “kkkforeal” threatened Annapolis High.

A similar incident occurred at Arundel High School yesterday. That’s the other schools where police presence will be increased.

“kkkforeal” tweeted at the Anne Arundel County schools Twitter account Monday night, saying it was “blowing up Annapolis High school tomorrow.”

It also tweeted that “black [expletive] better run.”

Anne Arundel County Police say the tweet was a copy cat of a similar threat made against Arundel High on Monday.

The tweet that referenced Arundel High, in Gambrills, mentioned the “Kool Kids Klan,” referring to a racist petition that was discovered at the school last week. The tweet also threatened an attack, which prompted a police investigation. The petition was confiscated by school staff and turned over to police.

“We think it’s not going to happen but it could happen. It’s a possibility and I think police should still take action,” says one student.

“We don’t think that there is any credibility to this threat. Any threats we take very seriously, especially threats to our school. Our student safety here in Anne Arundel County is a major priority,” says Lt. Ryan Frashure, with Anne Arundel County Police.

The Anne Arundel County Schools Superintendent, and principals of both high schools, sent letters to parents condemning the threats and discrimination, but some are still uneasy.

“I think they should’ve sent the students home and it makes me want to take my son out of school right now,” says one parent.

Anne Arundel County Public Schools Chief Communications Officer Bob Mosier says parents should be concerned, but also should discuss the situation with their children.

“Parents should be worried and talking to their children about their children’s fears, but should also be assured that we are doing everything in junction with county police that we possibly can to keep their children safe in school.”

And once again there are no credible threats. The schools are just being cautious.

The students behind the petition have been identified and are facing disciplinary action. Arundel High School is now offering lessons that teach tolerance.
    http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2017/0...utfA*vDmHwG1Rw

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn