Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Police: SC Parents Severely Beat Alleged Child Molester

Man Has Heart Attack After Beating

POSTED: 10:12 am EDT August 12, 2009
    UPDATED: 10:37 am EDT August 12, 2009
    NEWBERRY COUNTY, S.C. -- A Newberry County, S.C., couple severely beat the man accused of sexually molesting their three children, then dropped the man off at a detention center where he suffered a heart attack, police said.

Terry Hugh Gibbs

Officers said they saw the man, later identified as Terry Hugh Gibbs, 54, of Newberry, being put out of a vehicle at the Newberry County Detention Center on Sunday night. Gibbs told officers he had been beaten because he had sexually assaulted three children, all less than 10 years old, to whom he is related.

The officers called an ambulance to the detention center. A short time later, Gibbs had a heart attack and was transported to a hospital for medical treatment

Investigators said they learned that after one of the children told a relative about the alleged assault, the other children came forward. Gibbs was then beaten by the children's parents, investigators said.

Police said they have since learned a fourth child, also a relative of Gibbs, was also molested. Investigators said that there is no indication that any other children who were not related to Gibbs were molested.

Gibbs remains hospitalized. He will be charged with at least four counts of criminal sexual conduct with a minor and lewd act on child when he is released.

Investigators said "while they certainly empathize with the parents, it is important to discourage anyone from taking the law into their own hands."

No charges have yet been filed against the parents. According to Major Todd Johnson, the case is under review by the Newberry County Sheriff’s Office and the results will be forwarded to Eighth Circuit Solicitor Jerry Peace and staff for final determination.

http://www.wxii12.com/news/20369672/detail.html

there are comments at the link

That beating was just the first of many for this guy. Once he is in prison he is going to get a lot more than what he was sentenced to!

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

since this was a family member. i can not fault the parents for their actions

Wow, that's pretty complicated.

It could be considered domestic violence, since the perpetrator and the parents are related. Additionally, it could be considered a crime of passion/heat of the moment unless it was a premeditated attack.

I'm sure it's hard for a parent to wait and allow the law to handle that situation.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I would have done the same thing!
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by uniteasone
    I would have done the same thing!
    Me too! If anyone touches my kids they will get the beating of thier life!