Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Ron Paul Speech At LA Straw Poll

Sep 18, 2011

Video: [Ron Paul at LA Live Straw Poll] Ron Paul Speaks 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... ksYA0ypmQc

[Ron Paul at LA Live Straw Poll] Ron Paul Speaks 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBFzlW9h ... r_embedded
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Vince Vaughn & Ron Paul

Ron Paul 2012
    Sept 17, 2011

Actor Vince Vaughn talks with Ron Paul at the Liberty Political Action Conference today in Reno, Nevada.

Vaughn, star of comedy films such as The Wedding Crashers and The Break-Up, introduced the Texas congressman at the Liberty Political Action Conference in Reno last night.

“Ron and Vince are friends,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Nice thread AirborneSapper7.

If only people would just catch on to how important his policies are to us now.

And I mean NOW as in before it is to late.

Quote Originally Posted by StokeyBob
    Nice thread AirborneSapper7.

If only people would just catch on to how important his policies are to us now.

And I mean NOW as in before it is to late.
    I'm scared and there are few other choices at this point

When I say I am Scared.... I Mean I am Truely Scared

This man is a Power House; more so then people believe and they are leaning to more globalists (Rick Perry) to save them

Ron Paul and very few others will follow the constitution

Quote Originally Posted by AirborneSapper7
    Ron Paul Speech At LA Straw Poll

Sep 18, 2011

Video: [Ron Paul at LA Live Straw Poll] Ron Paul Speaks 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... ksYA0ypmQc

[Ron Paul at LA Live Straw Poll] Ron Paul Speaks 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBFzlW9h ... r_embedded
    Great videos. There is a bunch more of them that come up on the side at the Youtube site when you go to the links you posted.

Thanks AirborneSapper7

Ron Pauls Constitution Day Money Bomb is over $1,041,027.97! and still going with over 18,554 donors supporting the Champion of the Constitution for this event... and its still going on

Rep. Ron Paul sparks sensation at CA GOP convention, says media misreported Tea Party cheering on uninsured (VIDEO)

Los Angeles — Presidential candidate Texas Rep. Ron Paul – followed by cheering crowds at the California State GOP convention today — said the media “twistedâ€

CA straw poll winner Ron Paul talks 9-11, campaign — and future (VIDEO)

Los Angeles – The campaign of GOP presidential candidate Ron Paul, who decisively won the California Republican state GOP straw poll Saturday, spent $25,000 on the effort — one his backers say displayed a “depth of supportâ€

Ron Paul the unlikely star of state GOP convention

Carla Marinucci, Chronicle Political Writer
    San Francisco Chronicle September 18, 2011 04:00 AM
    Sunday, September 18, 2011

Delegates to the California Republican Party's convention at the Los Angeles Marriott, which drew more than 1,000 GOP activists during the weekend, vote in the presidential straw poll.

At California's usually staid GOP state convention, hundreds of unlikely Republican activists - many sporting porkpie hats, dreadlocks and tie-dyed shirts - lined up Saturday to cast ballots in the party straw poll, then jammed meeting rooms and hallways to ecstatically greet their favorite candidate.

"President Paul! President Paul!" they chanted, carrying signs proclaiming the "Paul Revolution," as Rep. Ron Paul of Texas swept from event to event at the convention and decisively won Saturday's straw poll with 44.9 percent of the vote.

The object of all the passion and excitement was not a show-horse presidential candidate like Texas Gov. Rick Perry or Tea Party darling Rep. Michele Bachmann - but the longshot and somewhat rumpled renegade Paul. The ardor bestowed on the unlikely star was clearly a matter of discomfort at the convention, which attracted more than 1,000 GOP activists.

Disregarding polls, pundits
    The youthful crowd who make up the congressman's brigade call themselves "Paulistas." They insist they are unfazed by polls showing Paul to be a mere footnote in the race or by media pundits who dismiss him as fringe and even fanatical. They invaded the halls of the Marriott hotel, chanting "End the Fed!" and wearing T-shirts saying "I'm voting for peace." And they overwhelmed the typically unremarkable straw poll when huge crowds waited to cast ballots for their man.

"It's everyone, all walks of life," said Orange County commodities broker Allan Bartlett, looking around at a packed hall. "What they crave is a consistent political philosophy."

Paul far outdistanced his nearest rivals in the straw poll. Perry finished second with 29 percent, Mitt Romney was third with 9 percent and Bachmann came out fourth with just 8 percent of the 833 total ballots cast.

In an interview with The Chronicle, Paul appeared nonplussed by the adulation, saying that his views - admittedly unorthodox by GOP standards - separate him from the rest of the pack and attract Americans who "value freedom."

"They're young people, mostly, who realize our country's in a mess ... and they're very open to the ideas of liberty," said Paul, 76. "They'd just as soon assume responsibility for themselves ... be left alone, get the government off their back and get out of wars."

Paul declined to rule out a possible independent presidential run if he fails to secure the GOP nomination. But, he emphasized, "I have no plans to do it."

"It's the wrong thing to think about," he said. "If I go around here and talk to people, and I said, 'Well, I guess our Plan B is when we lose in January, we have to start a third-party movement' - that would be so negative."

Focus on individual freedom
    Addressing a matter that earned him boos in the most recent Tea Party debate, Paul told The Chronicle that he stood by his criticisms of the United States' policies - not the country, he insisted - after Sept. 11.

"We should always be cautious about the unintended consequences of our policy ... that it could come back to haunt us," he said. "People want to twist it and say because I'm critical I blame America. And they're not fair ... because I blame its policies."

Paul acknowledged that his core belief in individual freedom extends to the position that the federal government should never mandate what many view as basic health and safety requirements - vaccines for polio, whooping cough, or even seat belt laws.

"I don't like mandates," he said simply.

Asked about Tea Party cheers at the last debate on a question regarding an uninsured man who might die in the streets without government aide, Paul said his view that entitlement programs such as welfare and health care need to be dramatically slashed is both compassionate and constitutionally sound.

Paul organizer John Dennis, who ran last year as an unsuccessful Libertarian candidate against Rep. Nancy Pelosi, D-San Francisco, drew cheers from the crowd when he seconded that philosophy.

"I believe in a strong, robust and efficient safety net. I just don't think the federal government should be involved in it," he said. "I think it's time that we start working toward the end of those programs."

Still, Paul is fighting an uphill battle, even with his own party. State GOP officials publicly invited Perry, Romney and Bachmann to speak. They snubbed Paul, who showed up anyway. On Saturday, most party officials steered clear of his events.

Reaching younger voters
    Former state party Chairman Shawn Steele, a member of the Republican National Committee, was the exception, telling Paul's supporters they were infusing the GOP with "a whole bunch of raw energy that we haven't had in the party for decades."

An added benefit, he noted wryly, was that "you're lowering the average age of Republican delegates by about 30 years."

Paul told The Chronicle that while he has run for president before, this time is different. Younger voters are involved in social media such as Facebook where "hundreds of thousands" of them are spreading his message.

"The only way we'll find out is what happens in January, whether that translates into real votes," he said. "We see the enthusiasm ... and the volunteers. But under our system, the litmus test is: Do they come to the polls and vote? We'll see."

E-mail Carla Marinucci at cmarinucci@sfchronicle.com.

This article appeared on page A - 1 of the San Francisco Chronicle

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... .DTL&tsp=1

Ron Paul the unlikely star of state GOP convention

Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas (center), the overwhelming winner of the state Republican convention's straw poll, prepares to speak to his supporters.

LOS ANGELES, CA - SEPTEMBER 17: Supporters of Republican presidential candidate Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) hold up signs as they wait for his arrival at the California Republican Party Convention on September 17, 2011 in Los Angeles, California. The three-dayCalifornia Republican Party 2011 Fall Convention began yesterday with an appearance by Republican presidential candidate Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN).

A Ron Paul supporter carries a large campaign sign around the lobby of the California Republican Party Fall Convention in Los Angeles, Saturday, Sept. 17, 2011.

LOS ANGELES, CA - SEPTEMBER 17: Robert Broski, an Abraham Lincoln impersonator, walks around during the California Republican Party Convention puts her fingerprint on her ballot as she votes in the straw poll on September 16, 2011 in Los Angeles, California. The three-day California Republican Party 2011 Fall Convention began yesterday with an appearance by Republican presidential candidate Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN).

Attendees of the California Republican Party Fall Convention vote during a straw poll in Los Angeles, Saturday, Sept. 17, 2011.

Republican presidential candidate Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) speaks during the California Republican Party Convention on September 16, 2011 in Los Angeles, California. The three-day California Republican Party 2011 Fall Convention began yesterday with an appearance by Republican presidential candidate Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN).

A dog named Keelut, wearing a placard in support of Republican presidential candidate Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX), waits in line with his owner Gan McGee, from San Luis Obispo, California, to enter a ball room to hear Paul speakat the California Republican Party Convention on September 17, 2011 in Los Angeles, California. The three-day California Republican Party 2011 Fall Convention began yesterday with an appearance by Republican presidential candidate Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN).

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... .DTL&tsp=1

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast