Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Rubio Says He Will Not Be on 2012 GOP Ticket

Rubio Says He Will Not Be on 2012 GOP Ticket

Published May 01, 2011
    Associated Press

WASHINGTON -- First-term GOP Sen. Marco Rubio says he won't be on the Republican presidential ticket in 2012 under any circumstances.

The Tea Party favorite dismisses talk that he could be persuaded to be a running mate for the Republican nominee or even the GOP's nominee at the top of the ticket.

Rubio tells NBC's "Meet the Press" that he thinks as a senator, he can have an impact on government spending and other issues important to Floridians.

Rubio's name surfaces as a potential running mate in part because he might attract Latino voters to the GOP ticket. But Rubio says he doesn't want to be vice president.

Rubio, the son of Cuban exiles, was elected to the Senate last fall. He turns 40 this month.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/05 ... op-ticket/
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Oh, thank God! A snake in the grass that we don't have to worry about....at least for now.

There is a God! That is the first thing that came to mind when I read this. Also why do we have to be reminded his parents came from Cuba. I am so sick of that. You are an American period!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Rubio's name surfaces as a potential running mate in part because he might attract Latino voters to the GOP ticket.
    So Rubio would attract Latinos simply because he is Latino? How ethnocentric. Maybe I should only vote for white candidates, who are of Irish descent.
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

Quote Originally Posted by builditnow
    So Rubio would attract Latinos simply because he is Latino? How ethnocentric. Maybe I should only vote for white candidates, who are of Irish descent.
    Unfortunately that is the mentality especially with certain generations of Cubans. I had an instructor in university that boasted don't even try to run for a judge in Miami Dade County if you are not Cuban because you won't win. Mayor Carlos Alvarez was recalled and now there is a run off election for mayor. Only 2 out of 11 candidates are non Cuban.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Rubio's name surfaces as a potential running mate in part because he might attract Latino voters to the GOP ticket.
    Do you think any black folks voted on Obama only because he considers himself black?

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey
    Do you think any black folks voted on Obama only because he considers himself black?
    Apparently my sarcastic faux surprise at the ethnocentrism of Latino voters didn't come through very well. I'm all too aware of it. I guess it seems SO obvious to me, I figured it would be obvious I was kidding.
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</