Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Sarah Palin was running for VP. BO was running for President. Big difference. Lastly, tell me, who is the most qualified to run a country? Someone who has actual experience governing a State and it's economy or someone who spent less than, 2 years in the Senate and whose best line on his resume was "community organizer"? Doesn't take rocket science to figure that one out.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatMattersMost
    Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    Big deal, she was running for VP, not POTUS.

Our new President elect thought we had 57 STATES. and this is the man who will run our country for the next 4 years?
    It is a BIG DEAL. At 72 years of age, is not only senile, it is more likely than not that McCain would have dropped dead (probably within a month after taking office) and most definitely he would have been overwhelmed and mentally challenged dealing with the mess Senor Boosh is leaving behind. Thus, Palin the idiot would have become the 44th POTUS.

As for Obama thinking there are 57 states, its quite the stretch to PRETEND that he does not know how many states there are. He simply mis spoke. If he was even half as STUPID, ignorant and uneducated as Palin (who finally graduated college after attending SIX OF THEM) obviously IS then I'd have no problem agreeing with you. The man is a Harvard graduate, intelligent, smart,articulate, has common sense, charm, wit and is highly educated both in and outside of the political arena.

Sara Palin on the other hand? She can see Russia from her porch, oh and she thinks Africa is a country and had no clue WHAT NAFTA IS OR WHICH COUNTRIES COMPRISE NORTH AMERICA. Is she beyond stupid, and the equivalent of Boosh with half of his tiny brain? YOU BETCHA -lol
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Quote Originally Posted by 31scout
    Why is this article even posted here? What does it have to do with illegal immigration? Take it to moveon.org where you're more likely to fit in.
    My thoughts exactly. But apparently on ALIPAC it's perfectly okay to question EVERYTHING that a democrat does, hence all of the anti-Obama slander that has been posted here, but the moment someone posts a story about a Rethuglican, everyone gets offended. FOR GOD SAKES NO MORE POLITICAL STORIES!!! THIS IS AN IMMIGRATION FORUM. IF YOU WANT TO BASH POLITICIANS ON ISSUES OTHER THAN IMMIGRATION, THEN GO TO THOSE WEBSITES!
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&

Gee thanks 72 is senile. McCain's mother was on the stage with him. She is 96 and toured Europe by herself and drove. Geez these week arguments lends no credence to the position. Not only does Sarah Palin have top security clearance because she is the governor of a NORAD state, she has a degree in journalism, her parents were teachers, and you want to buy gossip. Get a grip.

No wonder the gossip rags in the stores do so well. People WANT to believe these things.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

1. This article is not about immigration or immigration related issues at all and it belongs in OTHER TOPICS section.

2. We do not play favorites between Rep and Dem campaigns here.

3. I think McCain's inner circle is throwing Sarah Palin to the dogs and trying to throw the blame of McCain's loss on her so they can try to salvage McCain's career. Sarah Palin did not blow it, McCain did. The announcement of Sarah Palin was the only time McCain took the lead in the final months of the campaign. The results are in now.... Republican voters showed up less than they did in 2004 thus costing McCain the election. Also, there was no greatly increased turnout this year as the media hype suggested.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    Dixie wrote:

Why would you believe or even listen to anyone that was inside a campaign that is now trash talking the candidate? Really, those individuals can't be trusted and they have integrity issues.
    Absolutely and most likely they have an unsavory agenda as well.

Moving from News to Other Topics.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

OMG. People are at it again with the "group think" mentality, (right vs.left paradigm), critical of people who are critical of Palin's lack of knowledge in world affairs, and want to know why Michelle Obama isn't under such scrutiny. The woman was running for VP of the USA for goodness sake not Michelle Obama!

This was a legitimate criticism. (although really lousy coming from these aides since they were part of the campaign who selected her), but definitely legitimate. It wasn't a personal attack on her character. Notice how when we start pairing off in this "us vs. them" mentality that we lose all sense of perspective? We no longer see Palin's imperfections because we are in attack mode against people (particularly liberals) who are critical. Certainly, the same criticism would be justified to Biden as well if he wasn't qualified as VP.

While people do compare Palin's lack of experience with Obama's, you cannot compare his intellect/education with Palin's. I'm not an Obama fan at all, and I actually liked Palin's personality. But in no way did I ever believe she was qualified. I don't think she's stupid. She just needs more of an education and more political seasoning.

The Republican base was used by the McCain campaign. Just like when Bush used the Evangelicals. Palin was certainly used as well, and now she's being thrown under the bus for it. They knew what they were getting with her. It's not her fault at all.

As American voters we need to be more discriminate when it comes to supporting politicians. We can't fall for this cult of personality. Obama is going through that now. He's young, he's charismatic. But a whole lot of his supporters are expecting him to deliver BIG time. He's got ALOT to live up to!

The Cowardly Character Assassination Of Sarah Palin

By Michelle Malkin
    November 7, 2008

Sunken ships loosen bitter lips. The failed McCain campaign, for all its high-minded talk of honor, duty and courage, is now teeming with unscrupulous gossipmongers. Seems the dishy staffers forgot to crack open their copies of Sen. McCain's bestseller, "Character Is Destiny: Inspiring Stories Every Young Person Should Know and Every Adult Should Remember."

Rest assured: Their cowardly character assassination of Sarah Palin won't be forgotten.

The finks turned to Newsweek and Fox News to spread petty rumors about Palin's intellect and character. The magazine peddled anecdotes from sources horrified that Palin greeted top advisers at her hotel room -- gasp! -- "wearing nothing but a towel" and "wet hair." Fox News reporter Carl Cameron breathlessly reported that his unnamed McCain sources told him Palin lacked "a degree of knowledgeability necessary to be a running mate" because, they claimed, she didn't know which countries were parties to the North American Free Trade Agreement and "didn't understand that Africa was a continent, rather than a series, a country just in itself."

Let's assume for a moment that the McCain rumormongers are telling the truth about Palin (and I don't believe they are). Who would it damn more: Palin, or McCain and his vetters, who greenlighted her for the vice presidential nomination? Don't need a fancy Ivy League degree to figure that one out.

In introducing her to America, McCain praised her independence and backbone: She "stands up for what's right, and she doesn't let anyone tell her to sit down." The inside snipers are now roasting her for that very attribute -- redefined as "going rogue" -- because she had the nerve to try to schedule media interviews on her own. The nerve of her!

Palin's response to the campaign fragging? At a late Wednesday night airport press conference in Anchorage, immediately upon landing home after the election defeat, she smiled cheerfully. The Alaska governor shrugged off the "foolish things" said by the McCain saboteurs, and simply said, "It's politics. ... It's rough and tumble and you've got to have a thick skin just like I've got."

Hollywood savaged Palin. Journalists mocked her. Liberal blogs slimed her. Opponents cursed her, Photoshopped her, hacked her e-mail, hanged her in effigy, called her bigot, Bible-thumper and bimbo, and attacked her husband and children. But nothing Palin endured during the election season compares to the treatment she's receiving from these backstabbing blabbermouths who worked on the same campaign she poured herself into over the last three months.

Sarah Palin worked her heart out. She energized tens of thousands to come out when they would have otherwise stayed home. She touched countless families. I didn't agree with everything she said on the campaign trail. But she vigorously defended the Second Amendment and the sanctity of life more eloquently in practice than any of the educated conservative aristocracy. And she did it all with a tirelessness and an infectious optimism that defied the shameless, bottomless attempts by elites in both parties to bring her and her family down.
    Liberty needs a virtuous people to survive; self-governance requires virtuous leaders. "Knowledgeability" is a necessary trait in political life, but it is not sufficient. The elitist critics of Palin, so blindly enamored of Barack Obama's ability to hold forth for hours on theologian Reinhold Niebuhr, ignored the Founding Fathers' counsel: Character counts. In times of adversity and crisis, it counts more than IQ points, instant trivia recall and bloviation skills.

"The most important thing I have learned, from my parents, from teachers, from my faith, from many good people I have been blessed to know, and from the lives of people whose stories we have included in this book," John McCain wrote in "Character Is Destiny," "is to want what they had, integrity, and to feel the sting of my conscience when I have risked it for some selfish reason."

John McCain not only failed to make that message stick with the electorate, he apparently couldn't persuade his own staff to heed his advice and practice what he preached.

---

Michelle Malkin is author of "Unhinged: Exposing Liberals Gone Wild." Her e-mail address is malkinblog@gmail.com.

COPYRIGHT 2008 CREATORS SYNDICATE, INC.

http://www.gopusa.com/commentary/mmalki ... 1071.shtml

It's great that she touted all those things and worked very hard on the campaign trail, but that doesn't make one qualified to be VP.

The Liberals definitely went out of their way to mock her because she was folksy and represented small town America. I agree with Malkin about that. But she still has a lot to learn. Let's see what she's like in another 4 years.

Re: The Cowardly Character Assassination Of Sarah Palin

Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal
    By Michelle Malkin
    November 7, 2008

Sunken ships loosen bitter lips. The failed McCain campaign, for all its high-minded talk of honor, duty and courage, is now teeming with unscrupulous gossipmongers. Seems the dishy staffers forgot to crack open their copies of Sen. McCain's bestseller, "Character Is Destiny: Inspiring Stories Every Young Person Should Know and Every Adult Should Remember."

Rest assured: Their cowardly character assassination of Sarah Palin won't be forgotten.

The finks turned to Newsweek and Fox News to spread petty rumors about Palin's intellect and character. The magazine peddled anecdotes from sources horrified that Palin greeted top advisers at her hotel room -- gasp! -- "wearing nothing but a towel" and "wet hair." Fox News reporter Carl Cameron breathlessly reported that his unnamed McCain sources told him Palin lacked "a degree of knowledgeability necessary to be a running mate" because, they claimed, she didn't know which countries were parties to the North American Free Trade Agreement and "didn't understand that Africa was a continent, rather than a series, a country just in itself."

Let's assume for a moment that the McCain rumormongers are telling the truth about Palin (and I don't believe they are). Who would it damn more: Palin, or McCain and his vetters, who greenlighted her for the vice presidential nomination? Don't need a fancy Ivy League degree to figure that one out.

In introducing her to America, McCain praised her independence and backbone: She "stands up for what's right, and she doesn't let anyone tell her to sit down." The inside snipers are now roasting her for that very attribute -- redefined as "going rogue" -- because she had the nerve to try to schedule media interviews on her own. The nerve of her!

Palin's response to the campaign fragging? At a late Wednesday night airport press conference in Anchorage, immediately upon landing home after the election defeat, she smiled cheerfully. The Alaska governor shrugged off the "foolish things" said by the McCain saboteurs, and simply said, "It's politics. ... It's rough and tumble and you've got to have a thick skin just like I've got."

Hollywood savaged Palin. Journalists mocked her. Liberal blogs slimed her. Opponents cursed her, Photoshopped her, hacked her e-mail, hanged her in effigy, called her bigot, Bible-thumper and bimbo, and attacked her husband and children. But nothing Palin endured during the election season compares to the treatment she's receiving from these backstabbing blabbermouths who worked on the same campaign she poured herself into over the last three months.

Sarah Palin worked her heart out. She energized tens of thousands to come out when they would have otherwise stayed home. She touched countless families. I didn't agree with everything she said on the campaign trail. But she vigorously defended the Second Amendment and the sanctity of life more eloquently in practice than any of the educated conservative aristocracy. And she did it all with a tirelessness and an infectious optimism that defied the shameless, bottomless attempts by elites in both parties to bring her and her family down.
    Liberty needs a virtuous people to survive; self-governance requires virtuous leaders. "Knowledgeability" is a necessary trait in political life, but it is not sufficient. The elitist critics of Palin, so blindly enamored of Barack Obama's ability to hold forth for hours on theologian Reinhold Niebuhr, ignored the Founding Fathers' counsel: Character counts. In times of adversity and crisis, it counts more than IQ points, instant trivia recall and bloviation skills.

"The most important thing I have learned, from my parents, from teachers, from my faith, from many good people I have been blessed to know, and from the lives of people whose stories we have included in this book," John McCain wrote in "Character Is Destiny," "is to want what they had, integrity, and to feel the sting of my conscience when I have risked it for some selfish reason."

John McCain not only failed to make that message stick with the electorate, he apparently couldn't persuade his own staff to heed his advice and practice what he preached.

---

Michelle Malkin is author of "Unhinged: Exposing Liberals Gone Wild." Her e-mail address is malkinblog@gmail.com.

COPYRIGHT 2008 CREATORS SYNDICATE, INC.

http://www.gopusa.com/commentary/mmalki ... 1071.shtml
    She's more qualified than Obama. She's an executive who governs the largest land mass in the U.S. She has a degree in journalism. She has integrity. Oops I think that is far larger than any of Obama's traits. Obama's character counters what Martin Luther King said. 'I pray one day my children will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the CONTENT OF THEIR CHARACTER.' Tell me good character trait Obama has. Let me count the ways:

NO on the Live Baby Act.
    ACORN affiliation that has been prosecuted successfully voter registration fraud.
    Bill Ayers a domestic terrorist. (Can you imagine if Sarah has been friends or worked in any fashion with Timothy McVeigh (sp?)
    Rashed Khalidi a PLO supported (Now just imagine if Sarah was friends or had her kids baby sat by someone of that ilk)

More and more and more. Anyone who wants to put Sarah Palin's character next to Obama's would proud to have her as President let alone VP.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast