School Children Taught About Gay Foreplay, Saran Wrap

Posted in Top Stories | 0 comments

Nov 8, 2012

By Todd Starnes

A school district in Maine is apologizing after middle school students learned about homosexual foreplay during what was supposed to be a “Diversity Day” presentation.

FOLLOW TODD ON FACEBOOK FOR CULTURE WAR NEWS. CLICK HERE TO JOIN!

“I don’t want my child taught heterosexual foreplay, let alone homosexual foreplay,” outraged parent Kristy Howard told Fox News.

The principal of Gorham Middle School sent a letter to parents apologizing for the graphic nature of the presentation by PRYSM, Proud Rainbow Youth of Southern Maine.

“They went beyond the scope of our intentions and discussed topics that we do not deem appropriate for our middle school,” Robert Riley wrote in a letter obtained by The American Journal. “We do not intend to expose them to ideas that are not within the scope of our teaching about responsible citizenship as it is embedded in our code of conduct.”

The incident occurred two weeks before the state voted to approve gay marriage – and involved a classroom of 25 eighth graders.

Howard’s 13-year-old son was one of those who came home shocked by the presentation’s graphic nature.

“They were talking about sex and if you didn’t have a condom – saran wrap could be used in place of a dental dam,” Howard told Fox News. “It was all new to me.”

Howard said the PRYSM presenters also cursed and questioned whether the children had been taught about safe homosexual sex.

James Hagen, chairman of the school committee, told The American Journal that teachers felt uncomfortable about the presentation and reported it to the principal.

“Teachers were in such shock,” he told the newspaper. “Everyone just froze.”

Principal Riley defended the way the teacher’s handled the situation – noting that the conversation about gay foreplay happened near the end of the presentation.

“I think if it had gone longer, they would have intervened,” he told Fox News.

He said the school is taking steps to make sure it doesn’t happen again.

“This particular day didn’t have anything to do with sex. It had everything to do with tolerance and kindness and trying to eradicate from our building the idea that it’s okay to be mean to each other,” he said.

Howard said the fact that teachers did not intervene was incredibly disturbing.

“It was a gay diversity class that was supposed to teach tolerance,” she said “When it got further than that somebody in the room should have stopped it.”

Bob Emrich, of Protect Marriage Maine, said he wasn’t surprised by the content of the so-called “diversity” class.

“Homosexual activists rarely advertise that they are going to indoctrinate children to their point of view,” he said in a statement. “It’s done under the radar, through mandatory ‘diversity, anti-bullying and tolerance’ lessons.”

“If there was any doubt that gay marriage would be taught to young children in Maine schools just as it is in Massachusetts and Canada, that doubt should be removed now,” he said. “If they are willing to teach our kids how homosexuals engage in foreplay, do you really think they won’t force gay marriage instruction of young children when it is the law of the land?”

Now, parents across the town have been forced to have some unusual conversations with their children.

“It did create conversation in our home that technically we wouldn’t have had,” Howard said. “My child knows his identity.”

She’s also informed her son that contrary to what PRYSM said, saran wrap should only be used to protect food.

“I’ve had to let him know that no matter what situation he gets in – my suggestion is not saran wrap,” she said. “My suggestion is to abstain altogether.”

Abstinence was not mentioned in the class.

She plans on airing her concerns at tonight’s school committee meeting.

“We’ve gotten away from reading, writing and math,” she said. “We’re graduating children that can’t read.”

But at least in Gorham, they know what to do with saran wrap.

School Children Taught About Gay Foreplay, Saran Wrap | FOX News & Commentary: Todd Starnes