Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

School drops Pledge of Allegiance during ceremony

School drops Pledge of Allegiance during ceremony

Story Updated: Jun 11, 2008 at 12:52 PM PDT
    By Bob Heye and KATU Web Staff

By Bob Heye and KATU Web Staff
    Video

PORTLAND, Ore. - The exclusion of the Pledge of Allegiance from a southwest Portland elementary school's ceremony has proved upsetting for a local mom.

Departing fifth-graders at Capitol Hill Elementary usually open their promotion ceremony with the Pledge of Allegiance - but not this year.

"I was sad," said parent Briana Reese. "The flag was sitting up there, you know. Two of the kids went up and they said 'Everybody rise,' and we rose, and I thought for just a second 'Oh yeah, we're going to put our hands on our hearts and we're going to salute the flag' - but no."

Reese had heard that the principal planned to take the pledge out of the ceremony.

"I think that's what they should be doing - telling kids you should be pledging your allegiance to this country," Reese said. "This is a great country. You're here for a reason."

The pledge was instead replaced with a singing version of the preamble to the Constitution.

KATU tried repeatedly to talk with Principal Pam Wilson but got no results. However, in an e-mail response to Reese's questions, she explained the pledge was removed "out of respect for the diversity of religious faiths." READ THE FULL E-MAIL.

Some parents support the principal's decision.

"I think it's nice to be trying to consider everybody," said parent Teri Price. "But I don't think she necessarily meant it to be that controversial. I think she just wanted a change."

The Portland School District said there were no complaints about the pledge. They said they have little say in how principals handle end of the year ceremonies at individual schools.

The following is the full e-mail response that parent Briana Reese received from Principal Pam Wilson:

"The Pledge contains the words, 'under God' and we have many Muslim families here. So out of respect for the diversity of religious faiths practiced by our school community (parents and families) we decided that this year the students would memorize and sing the Preamble to the Constitution. At the rehearsal on Friday they did it from memory and to a wonderful song. It was very joyful and unique. I think you, and other parents, will really appreciate the creative and new way to open the program."

http://www.katu.com/news/19748774.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

IF MUSLIMS HAD THEIR WAY IT WOULD READ "ONE NATION UNDER ISLAM"
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Can you feel the creeping plague that has infected the EU yet. Its here, this is just the beginning. I’ll bet all the Muslims have no problem spending those dollar bills that have In God We Trust on them. I’m offend by the little foot bath areas cropping up in airports. Oh, I forgot my values no longer matter.
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!

"I think it's nice to be trying to consider everybody," said parent Teri Price. "But I don't think she necessarily meant it to be that controversial. I think she just wanted a change."
    It is so nice to consider everyone on the planet except Americans. Just another useless liberal-lemming trying to save our little lives.
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

KATU tried repeatedly to talk with Principal Pam Wilson but got no results. However, in an e-mail response to Reese's questions, she explained the pledge was removed "out of respect for the diversity of religious faiths." READ THE FULL E-MAIL.
    Gutless wonders , America is full of them in the school system. Muslims love this , their agenda to a T.
    The Saudi's are going to gut us if we don't get a real president quick . A real American . Not a CFR money hungry power tripper ! Their killing us , Quick
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

This is obscene!

W

Contact info

http://www.capitolhill.pps.k12.or.us/.d ... 1/pg/10168

Pam Wilson, Principal
    Capital Hill Elementary School
    pwilson@pps.kw12.or.us

Capital Hill Elementary School
    8401 SW 17th Portland, OR 97219
    Ph503) 916-6303
    Fax503) 916-2616

i just finished up sending Ms.Wilson a warm and fuzzy e-mail addressing the Muslims and the pledge . She's more than likely a yellow Lib and will have no idea what i'm trying to tell her .
    My second oldest is a teacher and his wife . Their so dumbed out with political correctness i don't even visit them anymore. It's boring . Maybe they'll wake up when FL dumps on them like CA did on their teachers !
    I hate to say but mine would do the same as Ms.Wilson . To not cause a problem and make everybody happy . But see , that can't be done . I'm now p'd bout the pledge "Not" being said. Where are my rights entered into this Muslim Saudi run country ?
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

redpony353 wrote:
    "IF MUSLIMS HAD THEIR WAY IT WOULD READ "ONE NATION UNDER ISLAM'"

"One nation, under Allah, with no liberty and little justice for all". Just reading the first four words gives me a leaden feeling in my stomach.