Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

School tried to attract whites

http://www.zwire.com/site/index.cfm?new ... 3478&rfi=8
    School tried to attract whites
    By JULIA GLICK, ASSOCIATED PRESS
    08/10/2006

DALLAS — A Dallas public school “crossed the line” in trying to appeal to parents of white students, including the PTA president’s idea to limit the number of Hispanics pictured in a brochure, attorneys argued Tuesday in a racial segregation lawsuit. Latino parents at mostly Hispanic Preston Hollow Elementary School filed a federal lawsuit against principal Teresa Parker and the Dallas Independent School District in April. The suit alleges that Hispanic and black students were kept in English as a Second Language classes even when they tested out and that multiage courses with almost all white students were created.

“The defendants have crossed the line in this case with their attempts to segregate white children into separate classes, with their attempts to attract white students and ultimately with their attempts to halt white flight in violation of the law,” David Hinojosa, a lawyer with the Mexican American Legal Defense and Education Fund, said in opening arguments before a federal judge.

Marcos Ronquillo, attorney for Parker and the district, said Superintendent Michael Hinojosa will be among many witnesses testifying to the district’s commitment to equality in education and excellence.

“The majority of Latino students are in need of the English as a Second Language programs,” Ronquillo told the judge. “They are receiving an equal education opportunity that is appropriate to the children’s needs.”

Attorneys for the plaintiffs opened their case by presenting an e-mail they said was sent by the school’s PTA president. The e-mail said only a few Hispanic students would be selected to appear in a brochure intended for residents of Preston Hollow, one of the city’s more affluent neighborhoods.

“The purpose of our brochure is to get more of our immediate neighborhood families that live in big expensive houses to reconsider those private tuitions and send their kids to us,” the e-mail said, referring to students who attend private schools. “While our demographics lean much more Hispanic, we try not to focus on that in the brochure.”

The school is about 66 percent Hispanic, 18 percent white and 14 percent black, Hinojosa said.

Parent Ana Gonzalez testified through a translator that she was “very upset” when a teacher showed her the e-mail. In brief cross-examination, Ronquillo questioning whether Gonzalez, who speaks limited English, understood everything in the e-mail.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Only whites cross the line, the others are advocating for their rights. Whites do not have rights just obligations.
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

Amen Indiana...
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I like that 'Ana Gonzalez' was "very upset" by the e-mail....even tho' it was in language she's unable to understand...I guess someone told her to get upset... these people are lowlifes. period.

The part of me that is white, makes no apologies to anyone for it! I have as much right to be as proud of my white ancestery as I do for my native ancestery. I don't feel I can or should apologize for anything my ancestors might have done to offend or hurt any other race, I feel all men should be accountible for what "they" do or fail to do, for any transgressions they might committ against another. When we pray for forgiveness of our sins, do we pray for the forgiveness for our ancestors sins? We are all equal in the eyes of God, we should all be thankful for whatever color God has chosen to give to us and not apologetic ever for the gift he chose to give to us in our color. We need to quit apologizing for the past, it is gone, we cannot change it, we can only change ourselves! For those of us who feel our race might have been trampled on or treated unjustly and harbor bitterness because of that, I say, let it go, live only for now and the future, that is the only thing we might have a little control of!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Re: School tried to attract whites

It is not the American taxpayers responsibility to teach children how to speak english. If their kids can't speak english then the parents should pay a tutor to teach them.
    We the People. You the Invader

pdr

illegal aliens suing DISD for racial segregation

I live close to this school and know a lot about this lawsuit. I can tell you I know for a fact that two of three main plaintiffs in this case are illegal aliens and the third is married to a man from peru, but originally got her residency thru a scam marriage years before.

The three main ladies in this case were provoked to to bring this lawsuit by a female hispanic south texas born teacher that was hired personally by the principal at Preston Hollow. The teacher from south texas after she was working at the school started working to turn the hispanic families against the the principal with direct intentions to try and take over as principal by causing racial indifferences at Preston Hollow.Before this lady was hired and working in DISD at Preston Hollow the school did not have racial problems.

Ana gonzalez illegal is from tijuana.Her daughter was born here in U.S.A. Ana's husband is also illegal.

If they win a settlement will be determined by the courts.What is this country coming to when you sue the goverment, get money, walk away and be here ilegally. I guarantee you if I go to Mexico it won't happen like this.

MOD EDIT NO PERSONAL INFROMATION ALLOWED

Gloria also has I believe five or six children that are all here ilegally.These kids are all in school with our property tax dollars paying the way for them.When they want to go up on property rates here is the problem.Why Don't the schools require proof of citizenship or legal immigration papers before allowing these kids to be enrolled?

All of these people are on the plaintiffs side are prvoking and inciting other parent's that have had no problems what so ever at Preston Hollow to believe there is rasism when there is none.

Something needs to be done.

pdr

illegal aliens suing DISD for racial segregation

This heading goes with the post right before it.

Welcome to ALIPAC PDR.

You really know what is going on in this case. I wonder if you South Texas teacher was a member of MECHA.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn