Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Schumer rallies behind Rosenstein, warns Trump not to fire him

Schumer rallies behind Rosenstein, warns Trump not to fire him

By Lukas Mikelionis
    2 hours ago

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer said Friday the bombshell report of Rod Rosenstein suggesting wearing a wiretap to record President Trump shouldn’t be used to fire the deputy attorney general.

“This New York Times report must not be used as a pretext for the corrupt purpose of firing Deputy Attorney General Rosenstein in order to install an official who will allow the president to interfere with the Special Counsel’s investigation,” Schumer wrote in a tweet.

He added that other Trump administration officials have reportedly said negative things about the president, yet they weren’t fired.

“Generals Kelly, Mattis and numerous other White House and cabinet officials have been reported to say critical things of the president without being fired,” the top Senate Demcorat added in a tweet.

Schumer’s comments came amid a New York Times report that claimed Rosenstein suggested secretly recording Trump’s conversations with Justice Department and FBI officials. The discussion of such measures, though it remains unclear how serious they were, came in the wake of the president’s decision to fire then-FBI Director James Comey.

The explosive report also noted that Rosenstein discussed using the 25th Amendment with Cabinet members to remove Trump on the basis of being unfit for duty.

Rosenstein denied the accuracy of the report, calling it “inaccurate and factually incorrect” and went on to slam the sources of the Times story that, in his view, are biased against his department.

“I will not further comment on a story based on anonymous sources who are obviously biased against the department and are advancing their own personal agenda,” he said in a statement to Fox News. “But let me clear about this: Based on my personal dealings with the president, there is no basis to invoke the 25th Amendment.”

“I never pursued or authorized recording the president, and any suggestion that I have ever advocated for the removal of the president is absolutely false,” he said in another statement.

Fox News' Brooke Singman and Jake Gibson contributed to this report.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...-fire-him.html
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

LOL!! I think this is so funny, Rosenstein and Schumer .... what a pair. Way to go, Rosenstein, now you know who you appeal to. Funny too how much the DemoQuacks love that FBI ... they think the FBI is the arbiter of all things and Mueller, oh man, they can't get enough of that little ugly squirt .... Robby, you're a DemoQuack registered with the wrong party. Time to be a man and resign your position.

And no, Trump isn't going to fire you. He's going let you writhe, squirm, wiggle and dance with the demons in the DemoQuack Party until .... you collapse from you're own rot.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn