Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Schwarzenegger says Hispanic Officials Threatened

http://nctimes.com/articles/2006/04/..._584_24_06.txt
    Schwarzenegger says immigration debate has prompted threats

By: JULIET WILLIAMS - Associated Press

SACRAMENTO -- Prominent Hispanic elected officials, including the mayor of Los Angeles and California's lieutenant governor, have received threats in the midst of a heated national debate over immigration policy, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger said Monday.

Schwarzenegger told reporters about the threats against Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa and Lt. Gov. Cruz Bustamante, both Democrats, during a news conference in his office Monday.

"There's something very important that I need to speak to my fellow Californians about," he said. "It has come to my attention that our Lieutenant Governor Bustamante and our Los Angeles Mayor Villaraigosa and other elected officials of Mexican heritage have received disturbing and hateful death threats."

Schwarzenegger said he also was disturbed to learned that vandals had torched and spray-painted ethnic insults on a Mexican-owned restaurant in San Diego County earlier this month.

Sheriff's officials ruled the April 10 attack a hate crime.

"That is not what California stands for," Schwarzenegger said. "I've asked the district attorneys throughout our state to be vigilant and swift in their actions against those who practice hate against our fellow citizens."

Bustamante spokesman Steve Green said the lieutenant governor appeared at some immigration rallies with Villaraigosa at the end of March and received "nasty e-mails" afterward. The threat came about three weeks ago on a blank postcard, he said.

"We got one postcard from Pasadena that said words to the effect, 'All you dirty Mexicans should go back to Mexico. The only good Mexican is a dead Mexican,"' Green said.

He said the threat was forwarded to the California Highway Patrol, which declined to elaborate.

"The CHP investigates threats made against public officials, but we don't discuss the details of those threats," spokeswoman Fran Clader said.

A spokeswoman for Villaraigosa said she didn't know whether he had received any threats because of his position on the immigration debate.

"With any elected official, you get threats from unstable people. I'm not aware of any threats directly related to his position on immigration," spokeswoman Janelle Erickson said.
    <div>"True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else."
    - Clarence Darrow</div>

Arnold, Do you fail to suppose that the activists fighting to protect our rights as citizens do not get threatened as well.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well how in the world did Arnold know Villaraigosa had received threats when Villaraigosa didn't know anything about them?

Arnold, you aren't making this stuff up are you?

Please don't tell me they have gotten to you?

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I'm starting to really dislike Schwarzenegger, not that I ever did particularly like him. I definitely do not trust him. He's all over the highway.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

California or ground zero of the invasion
    Not that I condone this but the Governor to be fair ought to also mention incidents against American citizens by the la raza klan. Why don't you talk about the death threats used against the John and Ken Show that stopped a promotion they were planning. Come on Arnold open your eyes to what is really going on in the state.

http://www.10news.com

Govenor Deplores Attack On Mexican Restaurant
    Obscenities Written On Door, Walls

POSTED: 7:36 am PDT April 25, 2006
    UPDATED: 7:45 am PDT April 25, 2006

SACRAMENTO -- Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger is disturbed that vandals torched and spray-painted ethnic insults on a Mexican-owned restaurant in east San Diego County.

The fire at a restaurant in the community of Jamul occurred April 10, the day after an estimated 50,000 people marched during a pro-immigration rally in downtown San Diego. Sheriff's officials have ruled the attack a hate crime, but haven't cited a connection to the rally.

Authorities say obscenities were spray-painted in red on the front door, on a poster advertising NASCAR events and on the side wall of Mariachi's Mexican Bar and Grill. They determined that gasoline or another accelerant was used to set the fire.

Schwarzenegger mentioned the incident Monday in Sacramento before signing an executive order creating a new administration position of crime-victims' advocate.

The governor said prominent Hispanic elected officials -- including the mayor of Los Angeles and California's lieutenant governor -- have received threats in the midst of a heated national debate over immigration policy.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    Well how in the world did Arnold know Villaraigosa had received threats when Villaraigosa didn't know anything about them?

Arnold, you aren't making this stuff up are you?

Please don't tell me they have gotten to you?

I bet you my monthly salary these supposed threats were made up.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn