Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: SCREEN NAMES?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Seems we have all sorts of age groups here, but one thing in common, wanting the end to illegal immigration.

My name is kind of a no-brainer, Elizabeth is my legal first name, but it is not what I go by, and no it is not Liz or Beth, it is a whole other nickname, but we'll not go into that right now.

Obviously the "American" part is simply because I wanted it to be clear that I am an American first. I chose that because one time I had asked my late father "what we are we?". I asked this because in the small town I lived in, everyone was "Anglo" and so were their parents, however my mother was a bit "darker" (her family were Mi'qmak and Acadian French from Nova Scotia) than everyone else's mothers, and even so of all six of us in our family, only two turned out to look more like her.

So getting to an age where I wanted some answers, I asked "what are we?". My father looked me in the eyes and said "we're Americans, and nothing else matters".

Although this settled it for me I went on to do both families histories, but always remembered that being an American above and beyond anything else was something to be proud of, and also something to defend.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

My screen name is self explanatory as well. I think every one crafts their screen name to match their own sentiments.
    "There's no such thing as ILLEGALalien-able rights!" REGRESO E MEXICO !

I had just bought my first computer (after a lifetime of using
    corporate mainframes, minis, and corporate issued laptops) and
    I had to find a name to use. I was listening to 640am internet
    radio, the John and Ken show, the day they got so mad at some
    insipid No. Cal. politician, who was ranting about So. Cal folks
    after Swartshy visited the southern part of Ca. He referred
    to So Cal folks as something like "a bunch of red neck crackers".
    It was rush hour and calls started pouring in, with one saying
    she was going to mail this fellow rice crackers, another saying
    he was going to mail him graham crackers, etc. That was the
    day, I decided my name would be Socalcracker. I don't think
    I would make a good troll, though.

My name is based on the "Griswald" family. The character played by Chevy Chase, Gus Griswald in National Lampoons. One specific movie comes to mind when the family traveled to wally world and when they arrived it was closed. I thought it was funny when they all got to the park and the big moose said" Sorry folks the park is closed" I figured it went with my fellings on illegal immigration. But then again come to think of it they went inside the park anyways and were eventually allowed to stay....

Thats a good one Gus, I guess if I chose my name along the same line it would be "Rin Tin Tin" but then I would be showing my age.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

i feel very patriotic but i find talking with people (except here on Ali-pac) that is a quality that is getting hard to find and at times i feel alone in wanting the best for this country. it also comes from my favorite cowboy who fought evil.javascript:emoticon('')

Quote Originally Posted by gusgriswald
    My name is based on the "Griswald" family. The character played by Chevy Chase, Gus Griswald in National Lampoons. One specific movie comes to mind when the family traveled to wally world and when they arrived it was closed. I thought it was funny when they all got to the park and the big moose said" Sorry folks the park is closed" I figured it went with my fellings on illegal immigration. But then again come to think of it they went inside the park anyways and were eventually allowed to stay....
    Excellent. One of my all time favorite movies

mapwife has always been my name on all my forums. I am mapwife, because my Husband is mapsmith. He sells maps for a living.
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

I`ve notice that several screen name speak for themselves.

My screen name was chosen with my (x)wife and my first initials and last name. I choose this when i bought my first computer from Gateway and knowing nothing about them. So it was the easiest thing I could think of to remember.

But I also choose this because I have brothers, sisters and cousins in Michigan,Illinois,Ohio and Florida and some I had`nt seen(at that time) in 30 years. So when they received my first email they would know who it was from.
    I guess it`s too embedded to change it now.

I just recently found out that my baby sister Shelly (Michelle) in Chicago uses the same screen name but without the K. so that`s way I never removed the K.

My last name can be found on Horse products and animal supplies. Whether I`m related, I seriously doubt.
    It`s kind of a coincidence because I was born and raised on a dairy farm.
    ------------------------

Neese.
    We`re all curious to hear your explanation.
    ------------------------

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast