Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Siemens Cuts Jobs at Wendell Plant/Production To Mexico

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?secti ... id=4099285

04/20/06 - WENDELL) - Siemens says it's cutting 180 manufacturing jobs at its Wendell plant as it shifts production to Mexico and puts the building on the block.

The company says about 230 human resources, marketing and administrative positions will remain in Wendell during an 18-month restructuring of Siemens Power Transmission and Distribution. The division designs and makes electronic switch gear for industrial customers.

Siemens recently moved the division's headquarters from Raleigh to Wendell. But a company spokeswoman says the long-term plan is to look for offices in the Raleigh area that are more suitable as a division home.

Siemens is one of the town's largest employers, and local officials say there aren't many companies in the area able to absorb that many laid-off workers.

I do not fault Siemens moving the plant. What worries me is that it would theoretically be possible for every job opening that those displaced American workers might compete for in North Caroina to have Mexican or other illegals competing for it as well.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

I do not fault Siemens moving the plant. What worries me is that it would theoretically be possible for every job opening that those displaced American workers might compete for in North Caroina to have Mexican or other illegals competing for it as well.
    Well, I DO fault Siemans for moving their plant to Mexico. And the next step is China. I find it disgusting that a company as big as Siemans can't bite the bullet for a couple hundred American workers.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)