Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Soldiers family gets conformation on body

Soldier's Family Gets Confirmation on Body
    By LYNN BREZOSKY, Associated Press Writer
    50 minutes ago

In this undated photo released Monday, June 19, 2006, ...
    BROWNSVILLE, Texas - Relatives of a Texas soldier caught in an insurgent attack in Iraq said Thursday the military had confirmed one of two brutalized bodies found there was his.

Army Pfc. Kristian Menchaca's family had gathered at his mother's Brownsville home, hoping that DNA tests would determine the young newlywed wasn't one of the victims found Tuesday.

"They have confirmed that it is Kristian," his aunt, Hermelinda Gomez, said Thursday before returning inside the single-story brick house.

Menchaca, a 23-year-old soldier from Houston, and Pfc. Thomas L. Tucker, 25, of Madras, Ore., disappeared after an insurgent attack at a checkpoint by a Euphrates River canal, 12 miles south of Baghdad, that killed another U.S. soldier.

A U.S. military official said Wednesday that one and possibly both soldiers were tortured and beheaded. The bodies were sent to Dover Air Force Base in Delaware on Wednesday for DNA testing.

Copyright 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
    This is just terrible. Add torture and beheading and it's just unthinkable. What I don't get then is why are they putting our soldiers in jail and having others up for murder charges and facing the death penalty when we are at war with barbarians like this? Where is the public outcry for the unfairness to our service men and women? This isn't a friggin tea party and I've had about enough PC when it comes to war and what is happening to our own.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I can tell you crazybird, where the public outcry is for these soldiers. It is out there lamenting the civil rights of terroist at Gitmo! I have seen more public outcry for the insurgents and for terroist, one and the same to me, then I have for any lip service given to our soldiers fighting for their lives and for ours in that God forsaken land over there! The liberal media even go so far as to say we are no better then the terroist, how is that for "patriots" of America? Don't you remember Abu Ghraib, you remember the liberals tearing out their hair, screaming and crying and cursing our soldiers because of the abuses of that prison, my god, those people were brutalized there, made to wear panties on their heads for Gods sake. I am not saying what was done there was right, I don't condone behavior like that, but you would think what was done to these 2 poor soldiers, the inhumane torture done to them before killing them, would at least justify the same public outcry from the same people yelling for the rights of prisoners at gitmo and Abu Ghraib for what was done to our soldiers wouldn't you, no though, we didn't see and won't hear that outcry for our boys, that is why I personally think we will lose this war on terror, I feel half of America are in cahoots with, and praying for the wrong side to win here, just to be able to say they were right about this war in the first place! Where is the public outcry from the National Red Cross, from the ACLU, and the other national public watchdog interest groups out there worrying about the civil liberties of terroist being abused,worring about the rules of the Geneva Convention being applied to the terroist and insurgents caught on the battlefield trying to kill Americans and any innocent citizens they can get their hands on? Where is the condemnation from the rest of the world for what was done to these 2 soldiers ? The Geneva Convention rules are nothing but a big laugh to terroist, could somebody on here please tell me just when have those rules ever been applied to any of our American POWs in any war we have ever fought? I can tell you, Never! I can tell you another secret to, America doesn't have the guts to win this war on terror. Oh, our soldeirs have the heart to go out there and whip their silly , (I say silly because who else thinks if they kill Americans they will die and go to heaven and have 70 virgins waiting for them, as if they could possibly in any way handel these 70 virgins waiting for them)butts, we have the best fighting military of any country, we just don't have enough americans left with the will and the stomach, to actually go out and win any war anymore! No, we want our "boy's to be safe, come home, well excuse me, what are they doing in the military in the first place if they wanted a "safe place" to be protected from these terroist?It amazes me that we were actually allowed to win the WW1 and 11. I don't like losing our soldiers either, I have a nephew in Ramidi, on his second tour to Iraq. My nephew though, has re-uped twice since this war has been going on so I feel he in good conscience made that choice for himself, and knew exactally what he was getting into when he re-enlisted, we should all remember this is a total volunteer military. I am sorry for getting on my soap box, I am so tired though of the compassion, and empathy from our own people here in America esp the liberal media, given to these terroist and the lip service only, given to our Soldeirs! For God's sake we even have our own "church" if you can call them that waiting for our dead soldiers to come home so they can go to their funerals and "protest" them and say they deserve to die, how repulsive can our country get, then to allow that kind of thing to happen at the funerals of our dead soldiers, in front of their grieving families, all in the name of " freedom of expression"? Personally I think these people should be met with a crowd of angry americans carrying their own posters saying just how repulsive this group of "religious" people are. It would not do for me to be the grieving parent here of one of these soldiers, so help me God, my family would have to tie me up or hold me down, to keep me off of them. Again, I am sorry, I am just wild, thinking of the terrible things that were done to our boys, and wondering why, why, God, wasn't the GENEVA CONVENTION RULES, applied to our soldiers? WHY ARE WE NOT OUT IN THE STREETS PROTESTING WHAT WAS DONE TO THEM, AND TELLING OUR MILITARY TO PULL OF THE GLOVES AND GO GET EM!?
    Build the dam fence post haste!