Town plans parade
 BY KELLY KRAMP
 ENTERPRISE STAFF WRITER
  TRINITY – An annual Fourth of July celebration in Trinity is expanding to include a community pa*rade.
  The parade will kick off the community’s holiday fes*tival at Braxton Craven School.
  It will be the first parade ever held in Trinity and is sponsored by Friends of Trinity.
  “To me, the Fourth of July, next to Christmas and East*er, is the most important holiday of the year,” said Fran Andrews, mayor and member of Friends of Trini*ty.
  “I just think we really need to get back to patrio*tism and honoring our coun*try.” Andrews said it’s open to anyone and can include any*thing from a car to a wagon or stroller.
  “This is a hometown pa*rade, not anything profes*sional. But, that’s what makes it more special, I think,” she said.
  So far about a dozen en*tries are registered.
  Andrews said 20-25 are ex*pected to be in the parade, which will follow a route that’s just under 1 mile, from Rockford Road to N.C. 62 to Trinity School Road.
  After the parade, a gospel group will open the day’s fes*tivities, which include games and activities for chil*dren, musical performances, food and craft vendors and a presentation by U.S. Rep. Howard Coble of a U.S. flag to Trinity’s oldest veteran in at*tendance, Andrews said.

http://www.hpe.com/