Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Stimulus pkg should include funding for bike-ped overpasses

Are they serious???? No wonder we're in so much economic trouble!

Valley cyclists: Stimulus package should include funding for bicycle-pedestrian overpasses

By Steve Taylor
    Edinburg City Council Member Alma Garza participated in the 2nd Annual McCANALenburg Community Bike Ride and Race on Saturday. (Photo: RGG/Steve Taylor)

EDINBURG, December 28 - Organizers are hoping the success of Saturday’s 2nd Annual McCANALenburg Community Bike Ride and Race will raise awareness of the need for bicycle-pedestrian overpasses in the Rio Grande Valley.

Dozens of cyclists participated in the grassroots event, which was staged by Los Caminos del Rio along the Edinburg Main Canal between Edinburg and McAllen. Cyclists started out at Edinburg’s famous Echo Hotel and finished at Westside Park in McAllen. The ride took in 13.5 miles of scenic countryside.

Among the elected officials taking part in the bike ride were state Rep. Aaron Peña, D-Edinburg, McAllen City Commissioners Jim Darling and John Ingram, and Edinburg City Council Member Alma Garza.

“This is all about community, it's all about health and it is all about nature. It’s a great event,â€

Oh you should see some of the stuff these states want in that trillion dollar Obama stimulus package...they read some of it on c-span the other day, from bike paths in several states, Museums to swimming pools to recreation centers the wants just don't end!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Moving to Other Topic's

Even though we all know who will get the jobs, they are not mentioned in this article
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

April
    Excuse me I think I am going to be sick...............

Quote Originally Posted by April
    Excuse me I think I am going to be sick...............
    I understand...I feel the same way!