Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Stop making excuses for Islamist extremist monsters

Stop making excuses for Islamist extremist monsters

By Ralph Peters

May 10, 2014 | 4:34pm

The leader of Boko Haram, Abubakar Shekau.Photo: Getty Images

When it comes to fanatical Islam, we’re entranced by the symptoms but refuse to name the disease.
    The extremes to which Western elites will go to avoid blaming radical Islam for terrorism cripples our efforts to protect innocent Muslims. Terrified of offending butchers, we insist that we’re the bigots, not them. We make excuses for monsters.

Boko Haram, whose name means “Western learning is forbidden,” kidnaps 200 schoolgirls, and the world rightly takes notice.

On February 20th, members of Boko Haram killed dozens when they attacked a high school in the Nigerian town of Bama.Photo: Reuters

But what about the thousands of peaceful civilians, both Christian and Muslim, Boko Haram has killed, purportedly to install an Islamist state? What about the medical workers, pious volunteers, who are murdered in a faith’s name?

Red cross officials search for victims after at least 35 people were killed when Boko Haram bombed a crowded neighborhood in Nigeria’s northern city of Maiduguri on March 1st.Photo: Getty Images

Hollywood suddenly woke up to Islamic fundamentalism last week in the strangest possible way, boycotting the Beverly Hills Hotel because it’s owned by the Sultan of Brunei, who plans to impose the cruelest provisions of Sharia law on his fiefdom’s women.

Hey, I’m all for the boycott (can’t afford the joint, anyway), but this is a combination fashion-statement and NIMBYism par excellence. On vacation, those same stars will stay happily at the Four Seasons, even though a Saudi prince has owned nearly half of its shares. How are women’s rights going in Saudi Arabia?

Would Hollywood make the same noise if the sultan just owned the local Motel 6?

Liberals refuse to accept that such problems aren’t aberrations, but norms: chronic symptoms of the illness of Middle-Eastern Islam.
    Those same stars, directors and producers who are switching hotels in Beverly Hills wouldn’t dream about making films about the vast misery imposed on women (and plenty of boys and men, for that matter) by Islam’s violent regression in our time.

In Hollywood, attacking Christianity or Judaism is cool. But all those “brave” filmmakers are terrified of offending Islamist activists. Instead of films about al Qaeda’s atrocities, we get movies that trash our military for “crimes” against the terrorists.

How can our elites ignore the immeasurable suffering inflicted on Muslims in the name of Islam? Al Qaeda and its franchises have slaughtered far more Muslims than they have Westerners. Don’t those victims count?

People protest outside the Beverly Hills Hotel May 5th.Photo: Reuters

Islam is in the midst of a great civil war between those who wish to modernize their faith, and those who want to return Islam to an age of barbarism. Through our silence, we strengthen the fanatics.

The Sultan of Brunei, Hassanal Bolkiah.Photo: Reuters

Our elites even do their best to stifle the voices of inconvenient victims. Who in Hollywood stuck up for Ayaan Hirsi Ali, a victim of Islamists, when she was prevented from telling her story on-campus? That was an intellectual honor killing.

An entire civilization is failing before our eyes. Cultures whose values just don’t work in the 21st century are damning themselves to stagnation by oppressing the female half of their populations (and repressing the males, too). From Morocco to Pakistan, no state other than Israel is competitive in any significant field of human endeavor. In 2014, the Muslim Middle East not only cannot build a competitive automobile, but can’t produce a competitive bicycle.

And we pretend that everything is fine.

I’m sorry for those kidnapped schoolgirls. But I’m sorrier for the hundreds of millions of women in the Middle East who are invisible to us. Our silence puts us in the same class as the Germans and others who carefully closed their shutters as the local Jews were herded off to the railyards.

But you can’t hear the screams in Malibu. Or Manhattan.
    Ralph Peters is Fox News’ Strategic Analyst.

http://nypost.com/2014/05/10/stop-ma...mist-monsters/

Focus on Boko Haram right now seems fishy to me

Written by Allen West

on May 12, 2014

I find it interesting that everyone (including the First Lady) is now all up in arms about Boko Haram and their jihadist actions. After all, we reported on the kidnappings of the girls quite some time ago – this isn’t breaking news. This Islamic terrorist group has a long rap sheet of atrocities, such as burning alive some 50 boys and attacking Christians over these past three to four years on Christmas and Easter.

Isn’t it interesting that all of a sudden when celebrities get engaged, it becomes a national emergency? Who else needs to issue a hash tag alert? But why now? As Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton refused to declare Boko Haram a terrorist organization.
    So why all the attention now?

Remember the movie with Robert Deniro and Dustin Hoffman called “Wag the Dog?” Funny thing, that film was released just before the Clinton-Lewinsky kabuki dance and the infamous pharmaceutical factory bombing in Sudan by President Clinton (and by the way, Monica is back in the limelight thanks to an article in Vanity Fair – but I digress – or maybe not).

Are we witnessing an Obama “Wag the Dog” moment with Boko Haram in Nigeria? I say yes.

Consider all the scandals facing the Obama administration, especially Benghazi and the Select Committee, which Rep. Nancy Pelosi referred to as a “political stunt.” Really? Four Americans die, we’re told it was because of an anti-Islam video, no one has been “brought to justice” and THAT is a phony scandal and a political stunt? Boy, if this had been a Republican president, he or she certainly would never have been reelected because the media would have been all over it. Instead the media is doing everything possible to protect Obama.

So, perhaps Obama, Rice, Clinton, Reid, Pelosi, Rhodes, and the cast of characters can tell us why was Ambassador Chris Stevens in Benghazi on 9-11? Not to mention, why was he there without proper security, and who denied his request for security — and Libyan Islamist militia is not the answer.

We need to start at the beginning: why did we support Islamist forces in Libya in the first place? If it was a humanitarian crisis, then why not Syria? Or perhaps the intention all along was to support the Islamist forces in Syria as well?

If President Obama gave an order to Secretary of Defense Panetta and Chairman of Joint Chiefs General Dempsey to make sure those under attack got all the resources necessary — then why didn’t they get them? Or did Obama not give that order before he went to bed? And if it was given, who countermanded the order and told American forces to stand down?

Where are the weapons provided to the Libyan Islamists? Were we trying to collect and redistribute those weapons to the Syrian Islamists? And just as a last inquiry, why haven’t we heard from the 30 or so survivors of the terrorist attack? And who made them sign non-disclosure agreements precluding them from speaking about the incident?

So, those are just a few of my questions that I would be asking if I were on that Select Committee – for starters.

The second major scandal confronting the Obama crew of misfits is the Veterans Administration list issue. You know it’s fascinating. Obama had lots to say about the Los Angeles Clippers owner, but nothing about vets on a death list. And it seems this isn’t an isolated incident. I don’t expect Obama to address the American Legion or Veterans of Foreign Wars anytime soon.

So what better time than right now, to create the straw man of Boko Haram, another distraction for which no real action will take place. Anyone remember Joseph Kony?

And by the way, what exactly is happening in Ukraine?

Gotta give it to the Democrats, they know how to make life imitate art. Sadly, as a nation we’re falling for another episode of liberal progressive “Wag the Dog.

And just a few final comments about my trip last week. As I departed Daytona Beach heading home to Palm Beach Gardens yesterday, I reflected on all the incredible sights I’d seen — and great Americans I’d met. It was a memorable week – and exhausting as I’ll never forget the heat crossing the lower California and Arizona desert. I think my favorite town name will always be Gila Bend in Arizona – never got to see one of those poisonous lizards.

Now I’m back home for just a few days as I’ll be heading back home to Georgia later this week, to Coosa County (City of Rome) on Thursday. The North Georgia mountains are spectacular, especially in the fall, but I’ll take them anytime. I’ll also be heading to Arkansas and back to Texas (Dallas, Austin, and Houston), unfortunately this time in suit and tie and not mounted on my motorcycle in jeans and boots. Perhaps I’ll see you along the way.

Read more at http://allenbwest.com/2014/05/focus-...sLXfbbOp7zH.99